Ual Is Getting Attractive To Others

Either you are Bizman or you have a little trouble comprehending yourself. I may not be the best reader in the world but this:
How about running out of gas in Portland in the DC-8 and losing all the generators on takeoff out of LAX. That one the engineer turned the battery sw off and the pilots did a roll into the Pacific. SUX in the DC-10
seems to be someone having a nice time at United's expense.

serve you better than constantly trolling these boards 24-7.

fyi - I love my Sidekick. I am always online!!!
large_front.jpg

Everyone : we should probably cool off on the accident topic. Both companies have stellar records and shouldn't be included in this topic. Straaight Taalk was responding to MY 9-11 post about losing airplanes - he pointed out American also lost aircraft. I brought it into the topic........my fault.

maddogdriver said:
Everyone : we should probably cool off on the accident topic. Both companies have stellar records and shouldn't be included in this topic. Straaight Taalk was responding to MY 9-11 post about losing airplanes - he pointed out American also lost aircraft. I brought it into the topic........my fault.
[post="277871"][/post]​

Thank you, Maddog. I admire the fact that you jumped in to set the record straight. For whatever it is worth, you are a gentleman, and I thank you.

Fly said:
Either you are Bizman or you have a little trouble comprehending yourself. I may not be the best reader in the world but this: seems to be someone having a nice time at United's expense.
fyi - I love my Sidekick. I am always online!!!
large_front.jpg

[post="277863"][/post]​

Fly seems to be off her meds again. :down:

For the record, United Airlines has not had a pilot caused fatality since the DC-8 crash in 1978...A safety record Flight Operations is proud of and takes very seriously.

FYI...That DC-8 crash was caused by fuel exhaustion just short of the runway due to the crew working an unsafe gear down indication for too long. This crash was the catalyst for our C/L/R program which stands for Cockpit, Leadership Resource Management...The first program of its kind in all of aviation.

Fly said:
It sure will be entertaining for us watching you grapple with your upcoming paycuts. Hope you've had fun watching ours!! :up: :jerry:
(Amazing to watch the "ORIGINAL BENDOVA KINGS" - AA - talk about taking one for the team. You people have been doing it for years!!! With our 2nd paycut, we have now, almost, reached the cuts taken by AA with just a threat of bk. WTG AA!!! :down: :down: )
[post="277842"][/post]​
To be honest it is actually quite sad to see what is happening to the Legacy carriers. I don't think anyone finds this funny. But if you find this entertaining it only speaks volumes about you and your character. You may not want to generalize all UA people in your "entertaining for"us" statement. I know not all UA people think like you. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Say what you want about AA or NW but I would rather be standing where they are rather than where UA is (knee deep in ####) but then again flies like that stuff so you must feel right at home.

Remember Fly, those who dish it out must also be able to take it. And we all know you can dish it out. ;) ;) ;)

Fly said:
Oh look, Red Tail Bear and NH/BB are on at the same time again! Wow! How amazingly ironic is that? :down:
[post="277787"][/post]​

You know I always thought NHBB had to be erroneously medicated to write those silly punctuation posts -- but now I realize this style just made it easier to keep the trolls straight.

Also explains why "NHBB" has such an affinity for NW and why (even in 'retirement') he keeps posting.

Me, I would be fishing.

Kudos Fly!

UnitedChicago said:
Hmmm...let's see AA - you had a 757 into a mountain in latin america due to pilot error, an MD80 off the runway and fire in Little Rock due to pilot error, an A300 lost in NY due to - yep...right again...pilot error.

Not to mention the several occasions of landing short (727 @ ORD) or ingesting some tree branches on approach (MD80 somewhere in MA).

Now I don't like pointing things like this out because we're talking about fatalities - but don't you dare imply that AA has a better safety record than UA. Facts are facts.
[post="277862"][/post]​

If you are referring to me, you are talking to the wrong poster. I only have one previous post in this thread regarding $60 a barrel oil and more paycuts. I have not said anything about any airline's saftey record.

aafsc said:
If you are referring to me, you are talking to the wrong poster. I only have one previous post in this thread regarding $60 a barrel oil and more paycuts. I have not said anything about any airline's saftey record.
[post="277934"][/post]​

No...wasn't referring to you personally - AA in general. But I agree this isn't a topic that should be discussed...

UnitedChicago said:
No...wasn't referring to you personally - AA in general. But I agree this isn't a topic that should be discussed...
[post="277935"][/post]​
I agree.

StraaightTaalk said:
Both Fly and UnitedChicago seem to be reading-challenged, continually accusing people of posting things they didn't post. :down: :blink:
[post="277938"][/post]​

Hey ST - guess what? This is a message board. I scanned it as such yesterday and saw banter about AA and UA safety record and a post by someone talking about the DC8 and another incident. My interpretation was that someone was implying AA had a better safety record.

I say someone cause I don't remember who it was nor am I going back now to check because - guess what - this is a message board, not real life.

AAFS thought I was writing about him cause i used AA, which stands for american airlines btw. I clarified that i did not intend to write about him...rather the broader legal entity known as AA.

Move on ok?

Fly said:
It sure will be entertaining for us watching you grapple with your upcoming paycuts. Hope you've had fun watching ours!! :up: :jerry:
(Amazing to watch the "ORIGINAL BENDOVA KINGS" - AA - talk about taking one for the team. You people have been doing it for years!!! With our 2nd paycut, we have now, almost, reached the cuts taken by AA with just a threat of bk. WTG AA!!! :down: :down: )
[post="277842"][/post]​
Are you including your lost pensions, near worthless ESOP stock, and loss of other retirement benefits in your calculations?

Correction to above post. I just remembered the UA F/As did not participate in the ESOP; which turned out to be the correct decision.