Ual To Miss More Pension Payments

What exactly has he done that is illegal? By the way, nice GWB non-related insert. Meaningless.
Hey D*ck...I mean Duck, why don't you go and have another driink you web footed, AFLAC babbling, head bobbing drunk. Then MAYBE you would GET the meaning.... :up:

The Ronin said:
Hey D*ck...I mean Duck, why don't you go and have another driink you web footed, AFLAC babbling, head bobbing drunk. Then MAYBE you would GET the meaning.... :up:
What is this? 3rd grade? Name calling? I guess my comment struck home.

AA Pilots can take their A plan (defined benefit plan) entirely as a cash out with no further contact or risk from the company.

Dunno about United. Delta can take 50 percent of the Afund as lump sum as well.

BOhica

What is this? 3rd grade? Name calling? I guess my comment struck home.
No, this isn't 3rd grade. If it was 3rd grade then I could just walk up and beat the snot out of you. Now that we are all grown up and civilized, we have to settle for name calling and insults on BB's :D

Winglet said:
While times are tough and they have a solid economic excuse, OF COURSE, they're going to terminate the pensions and dump it on the goverment. Well, not everyones. You can be sure the execs are getting their pensions UP FRONT and under the table.
When US filed CH11 first time, they wiped out the pensions of a lot of their already retired former execs (i.e., those that had retired pre 2002). Not sure exactly how many but this certainly happened. I don't know if UA did the same -- I hadn't heard anything on the UA front. Hence the motivation for Mullin and Carty to try to create untouchable ring-fenced plans.

A lot of the knocking of the executive ranks may be well-deserved, but some of the executives have been hit as well. I know proportionately others may have been hit harder. Still hits hard though whatver your level if pensions are cancelled -- especially if you are already retired.

Latest posts