Pension Issue

crossfeed said:
$44,300 maybe far less annual payout for the pilots, not sure about mechanics/flight attendants?
[post="173900"][/post]​
Here's and example of a flight attendant's retirement, according to the company's calculations.

I've got 20 years of mostly high time domestic flying, topping out at approximately 45K. Based on those past earnings, if I retired early, at 50 years old (no benies), if I began collecting my (fully vested) pension at age 65, I would receive $1135/month. If I worked until age 64, based on today's earnings (which is way optimistic), and beginning at age 65, that would rise to a whopping $1335/month. That is based on UAL's calculations...via US mail (from "People") and Skynet.

Flight attendants that retired before this present CBA are earning up to (at least)45K...don't know if that's full or partial (before age 65) benefits.

There is little incentive to work here as a flight attendant inasmuch as retirement benefits are concerned. SA? You can buy a guaranteed seat for next to nothing these days...pretty dismal.

A lot of people in this country are a lot worse off though, and had been promised a lot more. It's a free agent economy...those of us caught in the transition have to think and work fast!