Unions in trouble

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-court-unions-20170928-story.html

The result is that public employees can be required to pay an “agency fee,” but not the full union dues, which can include money used for campaign donations.

I remember leftist on this forum lying through their teeth trying to convince me and others that it is illegal for UNIONS to make campaign donations. This goes right back to the Amtrak scam of Democrats using taxpayer money to subsidize an overpaid UNIONized employee of a private company with taxpayer dollars. Of course the UNION collects dues only to make contributions to Democrats.

Just another day of Democrat money laundering.

Bears has been away for awhile. Wonder if the Del-Duh profit sharing will bring him back.

Josh

Make your union produce results instead of excuses, regardless of what union it is.

I'm guessing you didn't know that we didn't get the opportunity to vote for our union representation. We only get to vote for our local leaders.

We have no voice when it comes to the union higher ups. We don't vote on them or anything to do with their pay. If this law eventually effects the private sector, the ability to pay or not to pay union dues will be our only voice within our union.

I'm guessing you didn't know that we didn't get the opportunity to vote for our union representation. We only get to vote for our local leaders.

We have no voice when it comes to the union higher ups. We don't vote on them or anything to do with their pay. If this law eventually effects the private sector, the ability to pay or not to pay union dues will be our only voice within our union.
Yes I have heard how the association was forced on everyone. If this holds up, if gives union members a trump card to get control, and get the union to produce results. Or you starve them, and get someone else. A powerful tool to finally have a say.

I'm not an expert on legal matters; however, this ruling seems pretty specific to teachers etc.. Remember, we are under the "Railway Labor Act", that is a whole different animal.
But being the supreme court decision it can apply to other union members, if that becomes the law, it gives you a tool to get them to pay attention to you, just have to see.

This seems like a good thing.. I am sure not every union member agrees with everything their union supports. Kind of like ALA CARTE union dues.