United and AFA reach settlement on B787 allocation

Stuff like this shouldn't continue to be an issue on a merger that took place over five years ago...

• Banned
Its am issue as UA and the AFA have failed to reach a JCBA.

The three groups of FA's can't get together on seniority and work rules. That is one of the main sticking points. The company can only sit on the sidelines and wait till that is settled before other issues like compensation and QOL can be addressed. There is a big difference. From what I hear, the company wants most or all of the sCO workrules, which increases productivity (ie more flying) for more dollars. The sUA contract has better workrules and scope. Plus the sUA side is more senior, and since the company is moving equipment from bases to match the demand, this is causing problems between both sides. Hence the payment and agreement to the sUA side for the 787. 

IMHO, the final solution is going to wind up where no side (the company; sUA; sCO; Air MIke) wins in this. Many will be pissed off (some may gain or lose in this), but it will be better for many in the long run. Then the company can move on and all groups will be integrated and be able to bid the equipment they can hold. I don't know if a weighed seniority list or dovetailing is going to work, since I don't know the particulars. Will a lawsuit or an arbitrator happen in this case....I really don't know. 

Latest posts

Back