Settlement reached

Golly, yes, the parents must be so happy to have it over with. Such a win-win huh?

<_<
You know...while nothing can replace the loss of a loved one, when the family and the culprit reach a settlement, than in some weird way - it is settled. How much did USAir pay for the CLT DC-9 accident during the go around? Did any of that make THOSE families happy???

Here's a picture of the first arrester bed currently being installed at the end of 31L. It is not yet completed (as of picture on 3.14.07). The bed requires one additional layer on top. Jim Szcezcniak of the Chicago DOA informed me that the device will stop a 757 hitting it at 60 mph. If the plane is going faster, the system will drastically reduce velocity.

ArrestorBed.jpg

Why are changes always made in aviation after blood has been spilled? I know it is a bean counter situation but c'mon. Midway was always a risky airport even when you hit the 1000' stripe at Vref on a dry runway with a 30 knot headwind.

To me, Midway Airport Ops bears 90% culpability.

i can't understand why anyone would make lite of this situation. I have to say I am quite proud of the integrity my company showed throughout this tragic event.

I was not questioning the integrity of WN or making lite of the event, just pointing out how lame wnrforlife's comment was.

Curious as to why you say this: do you mean in respects of better perimeter protection/fencing, procedures, or liability?
Before the accident MDW Airport said that they didn't have the space or the money to install the arrestor beds. Since the accident they have discovered they can install the arrestor beds.

Before the accident MDW Airport said that they didn't have the space or the money to install the arrestor beds. Since the accident they have discovered they can install the arrestor beds.
Its like everything. Towns/Cities will not put up a traffic light at some busy intersections till some death has to occur. It is really pitiful that it has to come to this. In My eyes they should be held partially responsible for stuff like this, as well as towns that fail to do the adequate improvements.

The money all of a sudden showed up? Now we know who's been robbing all the banks. Or was it Enron?

Latest posts