United help or hinderence?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/5/2002 8:18:57 AM FA Mikey wrote:

AA will maintain a better cost advantage over its weaker rivals U and UAL.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Mikey,

I hate to burst your bubble of naivete' but currently AMR is losing MORE than UAL every single day. At ORD, while UAL is hurting, you guys are hurting MORE! Don't take my word for it. Go ask your own guys who track loads/revenue/fleet plans.

If this weren't the case I don't think Uncle Don would be coming for your wallet. Add to this the liklihood that UAL will soon be lowering its' costs and perhaps you can begin to see the fault in your logic.

The 4 billion in savings is a GOAL! And guess what, you're not anywhere close to it!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing AMR at all. My girlfriend flys for your guys and I've had great flights aboard you as well. What I'm saying is don't drink the kool-aide wholesale. I admire a team player but it's important to remain objective when evaluating anything the company feeds you.

Cheers,
Z

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/6/2002 7:52:28 PM ZMAN777 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Mikey,

I hate to burst your bubble of naivete' but currently AMR is losing MORE than UAL every single day. At ORD, while UAL is hurting, you guys are hurting MORE! Don't take my word for it. Go ask your own guys who track loads/revenue/fleet plans.

If this weren't the case I don't think Uncle Don would be coming for your wallet. Add to this the liklihood that UAL will soon be lowering its' costs and perhaps you can begin to see the fault in your logic.

The 4 billion in savings is a GOAL! And guess what, you're not anywhere close to it!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing AMR at all. My girlfriend flys for your guys and I've had great flights aboard you as well. What I'm saying is don't drink the kool-aide wholesale. I admire a team player but it's important to remain objective when evaluating anything the company feeds you.

Cheers,
Z
----------------
[/blockquote]
Well I know your not bashing AA Zman but FAmikey is correct. And its not company Koolaid. Pick up an Aviation Week or any newspaper. AA's costs per seatmile are lower than UA's and they're getting lower. Yes AA may be losing more but it is a larger airline. And AA is already at 50% of its goal and has only now started asking employees for anything. Clearly both airlines must get their costs down A LOT but AA has significantly more wiggle room than UA. As an outsider I feel bad for you guys as I watch that CEO turnstile and management churn going on how the heck can anything get done. They just seem to be without ideas other than cutting pay and laying off.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/6/2002 7:52:28 PM ZMAN777 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Mikey,

Cheers,
Z
----------------
[/blockquote]
Well I know your not bashing AA Zman but FAmikey is correct. And its not company Koolaid. Pick up an Aviation Week or any newspaper. AA's costs per seatmile are lower than UA's and they're getting lower. Yes AA may be losing more but it is a larger airline. And AA is already at 50% of its goal and has only now started asking employees for anything. Clearly both airlines must get their costs down A LOT but AA has significantly more wiggle room than UA. As an outsider I feel bad for you guys as I watch that CEO turnstile and management churn going on how the heck can anything get done. They just seem to be without ideas other than cutting pay and laying off.

DFWCC;
Help me out here plz.
I heard at work today(up here in the northeast), that your(DFW'S)shift bid, thats on the floor for january, had the "JUNIOR" F/T er at (mid) "1992" ???
Any truth to that ??

12 1/2 years, and junior. Wow, that(if it's true) would be unbelieveable !!!!!!!

Thanks,
NH/BB's
AA/AFL-CIO

DFWCC;
Help me out here plz.
I heard at work today(up here in the northeast), that your(DFW'S)shift bid, thats on the floor for january, had the "JUNIOR" F/T er at (mid) "1992" ???
Any truth to that ??

12 1/2 years, and junior. Wow, that(if it's true) would be unbelieveable !!!!!!!

Thanks,
NH/BB's
AA/AFL-CIO

NHBB Here is some nos. on our seniority list. We start on MON.
#1 CC 8/23/56
#269 CC 2/17/88 Last
#1 FSC 2/01/52 Full Timer
#943 FSC 2/01/88 Middle of pack
#1663 FSC 3/10/90 3/4 from top
#1885 FSC 7/04/92 Last Full Timer
#1 FSC 4/06/85 Top P/T
#121 FSC 3/30/00 Last P/T
I don't beleive this to be a crossover bid. Therefore. This does not include the freight and mail house.
Hope this helps the no are directly from the sen list.

NHBB Here is some nos. on our seniority list. We start on MON.
#1 CC 8/23/56
#269 CC 2/17/88 Last
#1 FSC 2/01/52 Full Timer
#943 FSC 2/01/88 Middle of pack
#1663 FSC 3/10/90 3/4 from top
#1885 FSC 7/04/92 Last Full Timer
#1 FSC 4/06/85 Top P/T
#121 FSC 3/30/00 Last P/T
I don't beleive this to be a crossover bid. Therefore. This does not include the freight and mail house.
Hope this helps the no are directly from the sen list.