United plans to issue equity after Chapter 11 exit (at FT.com)

of course you issue equity as fast as possible before anyone knows the plan won't work.

notice how many airlines are floating stock while warning that they still may face liquidity issues?

of course you issue equity as fast as possible before anyone knows the plan won't work.

:lol: You are a piece of work. How would YOU know the plan won't work. If Delta said the plan would work, would you believe it then? You spew all your "DELTA IS GOD" rubbish but never hesitate to dig into UAL. If the Delta pilots walk, your airline is as good as gone. Good luck

notice how many airlines are floating stock while warning that they still may face liquidity issues?

You mean like it won't work like the much vaunted Transformation Plan?

Whether DL works doesn't have anything to do w/ whether UA works or not. As I've said before, if I were Tilton, I would be embarassed to come out of bankruptcy w/ operating unit costs that are still 25% higher than the LCCs which continue to expand in UA's markets and which will likely be the highest in the industry given that every other carrier that has higher costs has already put plans in place to reduce their costs.

I don't know. I think UAL is seeing some success at positioning itself as one of two real full service airlines that cater to business travelers. I think that UAL and American might be the only two. LCC and NW and DL are transitioning to hybrid style. CO may not remain independent.

For UAL's sake, I hope the pricing is geared to leave less on the table than in the case of LCC, which promptly rose 50% not long after trading began. LCC could have used that money.

Whether DL works doesn't have anything to do w/ whether UA works or not. As I've said before, if I were Tilton, I would be embarassed to come out of bankruptcy w/ operating unit costs that are still 25% higher than the LCCs which continue to expand in UA's markets and which will likely be the highest in the industry given that every other carrier that has higher costs has already put plans in place to reduce their costs.

WT, I've read your voluminous posts which in which you purport to pontificate on this industry from a position of great wisdom and knowledge. Unfortunately, as I lurk here, I find that your positions are hopelessly adrift in a sea of self-delusion. You are apparently some management functionary at Delta and repeatedly spout off with one-sided assertions about the infallibility of the Delta juggernaut and the inevitable collapse of other less fortunate legacy carriers.

I wonder at your mis-guided beleif that you possess any real credibility on any industry related issue given your inveterate proseltyzing for the Delta cause. I've noticed a certain frustration at the intransigence of the pilots at Delta and their threat to bring down your beloved airline - it is amusing to read your insecurity. Hot tip for you - Delta has no corner in the strategy, route structure, assets, workforce, or successful future markets. Delta is in the same boat as UAL 3 years ago, maybe even worse off - horrible balance sheet driven by a mis-guided strategy to bulk up on debt post 9/11 in the vain hope of econmic recovery ala the early 90's; horrible employee relations driven by poor execution under Allen and then Mullins, no clear advantage in any relevant LARGE market (forget about superiority in the Southeast as a major route asset - easily replaced by all manner of vultures), and now the spectre of a labor showdown which management may lose.

Please tend to your to own garden, sir, I can hear the weevils munching away as we speak. Thanks for listening...

I wonder at your mis-guided beleif that you possess any real credibility on any industry related issue given your inveterate proseltyzing for the Delta cause.

Please tend to your to own garden, sir, I can hear the weevils munching away as we speak. Thanks for listening...
[/quote]

Extremely well said. WT is just part of the elite club of 3 with Fish and Chip. They post with such certainty (well let's take Fish off the table for a moment) and are constantly wrong about outcomes.

I can just see WT back in the day praying for UAL to go away. Well the tables have turned perhaps eh?

I don't know. I think UAL is seeing some success at positioning itself as one of two real full service airlines that cater to business travelers. I think that UAL and American might be the only two. LCC and NW and DL are transitioning to hybrid style. CO may not remain independent.

$$$$......they were/are/will be C o n d i t i o n a l.....

Wait a few months and come back and read this again.

;)