United To Launch Exit Offers

For mechs , start leave on march 14 I think and first option is 20k of pay spread between march and dec31 and 125K put in a health care account and normal benefits continue til Dec31 then retirement , keep retirement pass travel.

2nd option is 112,500 payed between march2021 and aug30, 2022. Keep regular benefits til aug30, 2022. retirement after aug30 2022,keep retirement passes

Last edited:
For mechs , start leave on march 14 I think and first option is 20k of pay spread between march and dec31 and 125K put in a health care account and normal benefits continue til Dec31 then retirement , keep retirement pass travel.

2nd option is 112,500 payed between march2021 and aug30, 2022. Keep regular benefits til aug30, 2022. retirement after aug30 2022,keep retirement passes

Thanks for the info.
Guess it would all depend on medical history and health on which one to take. Would be curious to hear the total amount taking the leaves though.
Do you see yourself taking it D757? Or is it too soon for ya??

I have been in discussions with fellas at work and there seem to be more and more folks who have tried the "stay home for partial pay" and there are now more and more not coming back after experiencing a trial of retirement. This is exactly what SWA was counting on to help the volunteering leaving. Not only is SWA saving money now and cutting cost, when they do the perm. retire without any "extra" pay tied to it, SWA will save even more $$$.
Now I kinda see the larger picture SWA was looking at. These leaves were a great example for employees to experience and try before pulling the perm. chord on full retirement. Always nice to try it--before you buy it scenarios.
Good luck to all the United employees that consider leaving early...