United workers fight firing over security concern

Wow based on the profiles of their name the vast majority are speakers or of Asian ethnicity. Similar flight on AA would have two or three speakers tops.

Josh

I guess you dont comprehend what you read.

The pilots saw it and told the purser on the flight and told the purser not to say a word to the other flight attendants.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Reactions: 1 person
wasn't there something similar to this several years ago? not sure if it led to FA refusals to fly but some sort of writing on the fuselage of a UA aircraft?

the sad thing is that if UA had just cancelled the flight or taken the aircraft offline for a mechanical inspection and to wash the aircraft - or an aircraft swap - they could have been done with the whole incident.

it is all over the popular media. UA was just beginning to make some headway in turning the airline around in terms of revenues and they are now facing one public incident after another.

Excellent read. Thanks for posting this.

I have to wonder: once the AMT's found no issues, why weren't the F/A's notified? IMO, that might've changed the situation greatly.

Kev3188 said:
Excellent read. Thanks for posting this.

I have to wonder: once the AMT's found no issues, why weren't the F/A's notified? IMO, that might've changed the situation greatly.
There is several renditions of events in 'Da Media' and some are conflicting.
I believe the PIC should have made the final determination.
If the Captain would have gave the 'all clear' and ready to fly then game over.
The PIC is responsible for communication and dissemination of instructions to the flight crew and final determination of whether the flight is safe or not.
I haven't seen an article discussing this.
If the PIC says it's safe then there is no further discussion.
JMHO,
B) xUT

Reactions: 4 people
A complete and utter waste from the word go.

Any Captain or FO flying a 744 has to have seen things just like this or worse hundreds of times before.

Dirty airplanes have been ramp artists canvases for as long as I've been at UAL (25+ years)

Main gear strut doors, Cowls, and APU clamshells etc etc. Never mind what you'd find INSIDE - cargo pits, inside galley doors, and under blank pedestal & overhead cockpit panels.

For it to have gotten that far makes me believe someone just didn't want to make the trip.

Reactions: 2 people
737823 said:
Wow based on the profiles of their name the vast majority are speakers or of Asian ethnicity. Similar flight on AA would have two or three speakers tops.

Josh
well almighty then. 

WorldTraveler said:
wasn't there something similar to this several years ago? not sure if it led to FA refusals to fly but some sort of writing on the fuselage of a UA aircraft?

the sad thing is that if UA had just cancelled the flight or taken the aircraft offline for a mechanical inspection and to wash the aircraft - or an aircraft swap - they could have been done with the whole incident.

it is all over the popular media. UA was just beginning to make some headway in turning the airline around in terms of revenues and they are now facing one public incident after another.
I think part of the FA's problem they didn't feel UA inspected the aircraft well enough. 

Just washing the airplane wouldn't be enough for me, IMO. To many crazies out there right now for a simple blow off.