Update on Flight 718/June 16, 2011 (PHL‐FCO)

Where is it in it's entirety on the USAPA website? How about "her F/O"?

Our friends at AOL have it easily available at cactuspilot.com. You AWAPPA guys not familiar with that site?

Have some issues with AOL, but Ken and friends have a top notch, easy to use website.

Our friends at AOL have it easily available at cactuspilot.com. You AWAPPA guys not familiar with that site?

Have some issues with AOL, but Ken and friends have a top notch, easy to use website.
Nope, I pay 2% of my salary to a union that's suppose to keep that stuff available. Why no outrage?

I've never been beyond the front page of cactuspilot myself. Folks refer to a webboard, but I don't know who's on it or what they talk about. I have a pretty good guess though.

Back to your willingness to lie to help cover up another pilots mistake. Can you address that Pi?

No, Eagle's posting corresponds completely with Lyle Hoggs letter of Jul 25th. Again, would you lie to cover up another pilot's mistake? If not, why are you defending her and trying to question the authenticity of a letter that makes perfect sense?

If Capt. Wells lied about the APU shutdown (and made a false entry in an aircraft log) how can you trust any further testimony? The company had no need to give another microphone to a person whose character was questionable.

You play right into the toxic management style. They could not exist or push their agenda without followers like you. You will be used, and discarded when you have done the bidding of the toxic Franke Air leaders. Congratulations.

"We are apparently attracted to toxic leaders. Psychological dynamics that lead us to rally around such leaders include a subconscious longing for a parental figure later in adult life, the need for security and certainty in an unpredictable world, and a desire to feel chosen or special, as we join together in community with others to support the noble vision of a bigger-than-life leader. We tend to look the other way, where integrity is concerned, if we can find an inspiring, confident leader to satisfy these pressing psychological needs."

Sorry Pi, your gonna have to dig your own hole on this one. The evidence presented is overwhelmingly in favor of Capt. Wells covering up for a mistake, and your defense of such behavior begs the question you refuse to answer.

Would you sacrifice your own job to help a pilot cover up their own mistake? If not, what is keeping you from acknowledging the preponderance of evidence against her?

You've chewed up your moral high ground, so a flat shovel should be sufficient. Get diggin'!

Sorry Pi, your gonna have to dig your own hole on this one. The evidence presented is overwhelmingly in favor of Capt. Wells covering up for a mistake, and your defense of such behavior begs the question you refuse to answer.

Would you sacrifice your own job to help a pilot cover up their own mistake? If not, what is keeping you from acknowledging the preponderance of evidence against her?

You've chewed up your moral high ground, so a flat shovel should be sufficient. Get diggin'!

Sounds like another eastie thinks with their heart and not their mind. Sounds like Captain Wells is not doing her job too well, and that the public should know that this kind of Captain is in charge of flying an airplane full of passengers. I hope she gets help.

Sounds like another eastie thinks with their heart and not their mind. Sounds like Captain Wells is not doing her job too well, and that the public should know that this kind of Captain is in charge of flying an airplane full of passengers. I hope she gets help.

I think YOU need help. You believe that a Captain would shut an APU down by MISTAKE prior to engine start? That's absurd. The sum total of the Captains duties during pushback is to turn on the beacon, communicate with the ground crew and tell the F/O to start the engines. OK genius, where during this was a button pushed BY MISTAKE. Not only that, the Airbus APU doesn't shut down immediately when you press the button.

You guys have gone off the deep end with this one. What will you believe next? Demon possession?

Driver B)

I think YOU need help. You believe that a Captain would shut an APU down by MISTAKE prior to engine start? That's absurd. The sum total of the Captains duties during pushback is to turn on the beacon, communicate with the ground crew and tell the F/O to start the engines. OK genius, where during this was a button pushed BY MISTAKE. Not only that, the Airbus APU doesn't shut down immediately when you press the button.

You guys have gone off the deep end with this one. What will you believe next? Demon possession?

Driver B)
Just like I said back when the USA Today ad came out and before the company filed for injunctive relief, this was not a mistake. It was most likely the result of a USAPA supporter trying to disrupt airline operations. Illegal work action. Sabotage.

Just like I said back when the USA Today ad came out and before the company filed for injunctive relief, this was not a mistake. It was most likely the result of a USAPA supporter trying to disrupt airline operations. Illegal work action. Sabotage.

You know what, you guys have convinced me. She probably did do it for USAPA so she could get her DOH. Oh right, she has it no matter what, so that's not it. She probably did it to to keep her coveted uniform committee job, yeah, that's it! And the other two guys in the cockpit went along with. Yeah, that makes sense. Or maybe it was a gremlin that shutdown the APU! :blink:

Your logic confounds me, but what new. I'm still waiting for the PROOF of this that makes you guys so confident. If the crew screwed up and covered it up I wouldn't support them, but I have yet to see any LOGICAL PROOF of that. The company just fired an F/O for not finishing his homework. Don't you think they would have already fired her if they thought they could get away with it?

The evidence presented is overwhelmingly in favor of Capt. Wells covering up for a mistake, and your defense of such behavior begs the question you refuse to answer.

What evidence?????????? I've asked for evidence and I haven't seen it. The letter that started this thing doesn't completely make sense, and I have no seen a complete explanation from the company and NO EXPLANATION of why they had the crew removed by security. Your hatred for everything east has blinded you. If this were a west crew my reaction would be the same.

You know what, you guys have convinced me. She probably did do it for USAPA so she could get her DOH. Oh right, she has it no matter what, so that's not it. She probably did it to to keep her coveted uniform committee job, yeah, that's it! And the other two guys in the cockpit went along with. Yeah, that makes sense. Or maybe it was a gremlin that shutdown the APU! :blink:

Your logic confounds me, but what new. I'm still waiting for the PROOF of this that makes you guys so confident. If the crew screwed up and covered it up I wouldn't support them, but I have yet to see any LOGICAL PROOF of that. The company just fired an F/O for not finishing his homework. Don't you think they would have already fired her if they thought they could get away with it?
You may not agree with the conclusions, but I doubt that you are confounded by the logic. If USAPA has engendered enough support among the east pilot ranks to cause the kind of operational disruptions reported and analyzed by the company and Dr. Lee (I understand you still don't accept those facts, but I think you can still follow the logic), then why is it so hard to believe or accept as logical that a full crew of yellow lanyard wearing pilots could agree to stick it to the company and the passengers by causing a flight delay or cancelation? Isn't that the idea (logic) behind wearing an "I'm on board" symbol so that there is no mistaking who will go along with a slowdown scheme and who might not be and might rather report your actions to Management? And before you go there, no, I have no idea if the crew were wearing the lanyards or not. If they were though, then there is no great leap in logic to accept that this premise is valid.

So, you don't accept that. Fine, what rational, logical solution do you propose? Do you think Management wanted the plane to crash killing everyone onboard? Do you think Maintenance was wrong or incompetent? Do you think the crew made a human error and then tried to blame someone else for their own mistake(s)?

The Bottom Line is that USAPA turned this into a public debate and left us to speculate about what happened. USAPA has made damaging claims against Management, do you believe their every word on this event? Management responded, and Maintenance and the FAA have affirmed, that USAPA's account is inaccurate. If you don't believe these to be facts, what do you believe? Will your opinion change if judge Conrad agrees with Management that USAPA has been engaged in an illegal work slowdown since May?

So, you don't accept that. Fine, what rational, logical solution do you propose? Do you think Management wanted the plane to crash killing everyone onboard? Do you think Maintenance was wrong or incompetent? Do you think the crew made a human error and then tried to blame someone else for their own mistake(s)?

So far, the scenario that Captain Wells testified to in FEDERAL COURT sounds more plausible than what has been put forth haphazardly on here and from the company. Again, the company has not put out the whole story in one publication. We don't even know where the letter that started this thread came from, but it seems to be a product of CYA.

I don't buy the theory that the entire east pilot group is part of a job action because I KNOW it is not true. I BELIEVE some are, but I also BELIEVE some were long before May 2011. So knowing that I haven't taken part of a job action, and seeing the complete mess that CLT has been outside of pilot actions, it's very hard or me to buy that a captain that has no skin in the DOH fight would hang her and her crew out for a job action and then commit perjury in Federal Court. It defies logic.

The FAA did not confirm that USAPA's story was wrong. You need to read their letter again.

AGAIN, I ask you. What PROOF do you have that leads you to your conclusion. Lay out the PROOF step by step. Funny no one has done that. Seems like they would since it's so simple in this cut and paste world and you guys are so convinced of it. So easy even a westicle could do it!

Back