US add extra flights or upgrade to widebody jet?

What a joke...we flew em down on a slave ship...

I assume people are smart enough to realize that the team selects what type of aircraft/price they want to pay for transportation. If anyone knows anything about the Steelers - the Steelers are a very understated team etc. For example Dan Rooney drives himself in a rental car from his hotel to the games vs other owners taking limo's etc.

If the Steelers wanted an A330 or B767 US would have been happy to rent it to them.

The company did nothing wrong and there was not an evil plot in Tempe to use a 757.

What a joke...we flew em down on a slave ship...

Makes more sense to me to use a 757 instead of an A330.....when you think about it, the average everyday traveler barely fits on our "Tempe Modified" A330's....now try and put a linebacker or a defensive end in one of those abominal seats!!! :lol: That would definitely be the last time the Steelers used USAirways for their charters! I think the Steelers have always used the 757's and a couple of 767's for as long as I can remember.

Ironically, a Pitt win always does the stock market good :up:

Even more ironic is that this is a Phoenix vs. Pittsburgh match that pretty much goes on all the time on these boards :lol:

Go Steelers!

Iron always kills the birds!

Well, Mayor Ravenstahl and Dan Onoratto took Delta charters down to TPA.........

Still find it pretty hard to believe the Usair did not have the sense to add a couple direct flights to TPA for the game :down: Guess Dumb and Dumber had no choice than to take Delta as they did not wish to do the dreaded Philly or Clt stopover!!!

I understand one of the reasons the Steelers went down on a 757 instead of a larger wide-body is at the teams request US provided them the exact same 757 they flew to DTW 3 years ago to the Super Bowl which was a request back then as they had flown to the victorious playoff games that year aboard the same 757. They considered that 757 (Ship 939) good luck!

Anyone arriving in TPA this afternoon on US will get to see the Steelers scheme A-319 as it was cleverly routed to RON in TPA, Fri, Sat, and Sun nights and with the reduced Saturday schedule it's day in was done Saturday by early afternoon to bask in the sun in TPA. Nice job OCC !

Cheers

LGA777

Lets see, pit-tpa....phx-tpa...former HQ.....new HQ......a marketing opportunity?.....NAAAAA....this is usairways....No newspaper ads with the steeler paint scheme facing the cards paint scheme, no extra sections put into play on Sat, not utilizing the customer base in the two locations to generate extra revenue, I must still not be able to see the big picture, as those marketing gurus we hired and payed the bonuses too be able too. Do I really care anymore? Naaaaaaaa...this is usairways after all.

The game is on a weekend....can't expect 'em to work extra on the weekend. That would require an EXTRA 150% bonus.....blahhhhhh

To go back and answer the original question... they did upgrade many of this flights this weekend (starting on about Thurs) with 757s and 321s. Still only 3 extra sections out on Monday morning. They did upgrade the PHX flight today with a 757 as well instead of a 320. Quite a few of the CLT and PHL inbounds in the evening have been 757s as well. The Steelers plane is parked in TPA and has been on a TPA overnight for most of the week. The Cardinals plane though is out in the system overnighting in EWR tomorrow night.

As far as marketing, we were looking for the Cardinal ac number today and used Airliners.net to get a plane number. As we were looking for photos we said US should have had a nice big framed picture of both the Cardinals and Steelers planes set up in front of the counter on Monday morning for people to take their pictures with. Some photo shopping and the planes could have been nose to nose with a header for the Superbowl over them. Print out some little handouts of the picture and we would have had some fairly cheap publicity photos to pass out.