First US Airways widebody jet coming to Phoenix?

Actually, US is increasing transcon flying for the summer - on May 7, both Philadelphia and Charlotte to San Francisco will go from three to four A321 flights daily. Oddly, this means that PHL-SFO will have more lift than PHL-LAX!

It is interesting that SFO has more nonstops than LAX. Added to that is the fact that unlike CLT, PHL-SFO also has 3 UA nonstops (total 7 nonstops) and 2 UA PHL-LAX nonstops (total 4 nonstops). The LAX-SFO difference might be mostly due to the US-UA codeshares to Asia via SFO.

It is interesting that SFO has more nonstops than LAX. Added to that is the fact that unlike CLT, PHL-SFO also has 3 UA nonstops (total 7 nonstops) and 2 UA PHL-LAX nonstops (total 4 nonstops). The LAX-SFO difference might be mostly due to the US-UA codeshares to Asia via SFO.
It would be a total of six non-stops PHL-LAX, as there are four daily US flights... 3x A321 and 1x A320.

It is interesting that SFO has more nonstops than LAX.
SFO is a significantly larger hub for UA (LCC codeshare partner) than LAX is, especially for transpacific services. Many more connection opportunities in SFO and more need to feed them, compared to LAX.

It's true, here on the United side I've DH'd often on a 777 ORD-IAD...simply amazing. And that sucker's FULL!

Ohhhhhh, so we should dump the multi-million dollar cargo contracts in SJU and CUN so that we can offer "widebody" service and the additional F seats and let the cargo space go to waste?

Mark

What are the numbers on the cargo? We use to carry cargo out west as well. So PHX has no potential of cargo, except lost bags? :shock:

I know everytime I fly anywhere into the Caribbean, there is nil on the cargo form. Is it that different in SJU and CUN?

The freight to and from the carribean and europe on the widebodies pay for the flight and then some.

I was air cargo in Tampa when we had the orgination of the LGW flight and we would have to book cargo reservations over a week ahead to ensure it would get on the flight.

The freight to and from the carribean and europe on the widebodies pay for the flight and then some.

I was air cargo in Tampa when we had the orgination of the LGW flight and we would have to book cargo reservations over a week ahead to ensure it would get on the flight.

Thanks for the info...both of you. Well, there you have it. It's indeed about revenue and one can't argue that.

Anytime LCC,

You should see all the pallets and containers on the ramp in PHL and CLT for the European freight, big $$$$.

Latest posts