First US Airways widebody jet coming to Phoenix?

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
What do you think if new US Airways will plan to upgrade to widebody jet from narrowbody jet nonstop between west coast hub and east coast hub some US flights? I bet if Parker would love to have widebody jet here in Phoenix????

Phoenix to Philadelphia?
Phoenix to Charlotte?

It could be Boeing 767-200ER or Airbus A330-300?????

Old livery US Airways B767-200ER already went to Phoenix for special charter flights on the past like (Super Bowl XXX, Fiesta Bowl, etc..).

There are no spare 767s nor A330s during the summer peak travel season to Europe, every widebody during the summer months are flying to Europe, there is only one A330 during the summer that RONs in PHL, sometimes also a 767 will.

I doubt you will see a US/East widebody anytime soon going to PHX.

There are no spare 767s nor A330s during the summer peak travel season to Europe, every widebody during the summer months are flying to Europe, there is only one A330 during the summer that RONs in PHL, sometimes also a 767 will.

I doubt you will see a US/East widebody anytime soon going to PHX.
Word around the warehouse in PHX is that they are getting ready for A330 parts.

Word?

Rumor is more like it.

When all the widebodies except one are in transit to or from Europe and the other is in overnight MTC at the PHL hangar, there is no spare widebodies, the purchase of three 757s to add more European cities proves that point.

Word?

Rumor is more like it.

When all the widebodies except one are in transit to or from Europe and the other is in overnight MTC at the PHL hangar, there is no spare widebodies, the purchase of three 757s to add more European cities proves that point.
Proves what point?? Most of us are not privy to additional/future aircraft, aircraft routing changes and so forth. Things are changing.

I would have to agree. The chances of widebody to Phoenix is slim to none. Phoenix will get it's chance down the road, but right now the market just doesn't support using that type of a/c in and out of PHX.

There are MANY times the market would support this type of a/c, or at least more than three or four flights a day to PHL. (Evidenced by the fact we're getting VERY VERY creative with our routings to get people to PHL when our flights are oversold...when they are we can't get them non-stop for days on end...) CLT, I can see not using another flight or bigger plane for, except on Saturdays early enough to connect with the Carribbean routes. (Which would mean a larger plane on the red eye basically...)

Other than those specific circumstances, I'd have to agree that we don't need the wide bodies here yet.

Proves what point?? Most of us are not privy to additional/future aircraft, aircraft routing changes and so forth. Things are changing.

Here's what would have to happen to see a widebody in PHX
There are 3 widebodies scheduled to overnight for maintenance during the summer.

767-CLT
767-PHL
A330-PHL

The A330 in PHL does a round trip to SJU in the morning then off to Europe. I don't see replacing SJU with PHX.

The 767 in PHL will do a round trip to CLT before going over the pond.

The 767 in CLT does a round trip to CUN then on to PHL for a flight over the pond.

Bottom line is either CUN, SJU or the round trip to CLT would have to be dropped to see a widebody in PHX.

Doesn't mean it can't happen but I doubt you will see a widebody this summer.

Here's what would have to happen to see a widebody in PHX
There are 3 widebodies scheduled to overnight for maintenance during the summer.

767-CLT
767-PHL
A330-PHL

The A330 in PHL does a round trip to SJU in the morning then off to Europe. I don't see replacing SJU with PHX.

The 767 in PHL will do a round trip to CLT before going over the pond.

The 767 in CLT does a round trip to CUN then on to PHL for a flight over the pond.

Bottom line is either CUN, SJU or the round trip to CLT would have to be dropped to see a widebody in PHX.

Doesn't mean it can't happen but I doubt you will see a widebody this summer.

We sent the 767 to LAX/SFO years ago instead of CUN or SJU. No reason to not connect our west coast hub instead of those TRASHY island "people". The 767 is a great ac...although long in the touth..and you westies would enjoy it. I helped coordinate the f/a's in LAX when we started the 767 in the once LA base waaaaay back. Hope I can do it with the desert rats!! :rolleyes: :up:

Attachments

• 767intl.jpg
    767intl.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 186
CUN makes money as does SJU for US and it keeps the plane on the East operation and go still make it to Europe for a night flight and the huge amount of cargo that goes there makes a ton of money.

Also if you haven't noticed US is cutting back on transcons as they are not making money.

One other thing to think of....why is it such a big fricken deal to have a wide body jet to PHX? The seat capacity difference from a 757 to a 767 is what? 10 seats? The cargo loads in/out of SJU and out of CUN are such to warrant the larger a/c for the pallets of cargo. Would we have the same cargo needs in PHX to PHL or CLT?

As we transition from our North/South flying you have a better chance of seeing 757's between PHx and PHL/CLT then you do seeing a 767 or an A330.

One other thing to think of....why is it such a big fricken deal to have a wide body jet to PHX? The seat capacity difference from a 757 to a 767 is what? 10 seats? The cargo loads in/out of SJU and out of CUN are such to warrant the larger a/c for the pallets of cargo. Would we have the same cargo needs in PHX to PHL or CLT?

As we transition from our North/South flying you have a better chance of seeing 757's between PHx and PHL/CLT then you do seeing a 767 or an A330.

Ah W I D E R is better :up: :up: :up:

Latest posts