US Airways – Delta Merger Update: December 18, 2006 (Late Edition)

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways – Delta Merger Update: December 18, 2006 (Late Edition)

Clock ticks on Delta as US Airways presses creditors

See Story

US Airways May Bid Higher for Delta - Official: US Airways Willing to Raise Its Bid for Delta, Currently at $8.4 Billion

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Some interesting quotes from the news stories USA320Pilot put up...

"With Delta Air Lines planning to submit its bankruptcy reorganization plan any day, would-be buyer U.S. Airways has now pinned its hopes on persuading Delta creditors to give it a peak at the books before it submits its own, reworked takeover plan to those same stakeholders."

"With Delta management still cool to U.S. Airways' takeover proposal, a filing will make U.S. Airways' chances of sealing their offer more remote, says Jim Corridore, an equity analyst for Standard & Poor's."

"The fact that Delta is going forward with the reorganization, as it's been reported, will make it more difficult for there to be a merger," said Corridore.

While i'm he furthest thing from an aviation expert, i can only surmise that if US Airways still hasn't convinced the creditors to force Delta to begin "due diligence" a month after the original offer, it won't be happening at all.

By the way, where is Mr. ralphcramden, i could have sworn in an earlier post that "due diligence" was a done deal, and it favored LCC.

Quote-

"For now, and for undisclosed reasons, Mr. ralphcramden is limiting his disclosure to the following bold statement. “The due diligence issue is a done deal, and in LCC’s favor,â€￾ Details will be announced by both companies within the next several weeks."

Are those crickets i hear?

"With Delta management still cool to U.S. Airways' takeover proposal, a filing will make U.S. Airways' chances of sealing their offer more remote, says Jim Corridore, an equity analyst for Standard & Poor's."

Chances are just becoming more remote? You mean this guy didn't get the memo from a certain genius saying Oberstar has killed the deal?

"The fact that Delta is going forward with the reorganization, as it's been reported, will make it more difficult for there to be a merger," said Corridore.

Doesn't this idiot Corridore know that the Chairman of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastucture has the power to stop airline deals in their tracks, and that he intends to do so?

While i'm he furthest thing from an aviation expert, i can only surmise that if US Airways still hasn't convinced the creditors to force Delta to begin "due diligence" a month after the original offer, it won't be happening at all.

Congratulations on finally grasping that you far from an aviation expert. You are obviously not a business expert, either, and you "surmized" based on nothing but emotion and false hope. It is actually not uncommon at all for permission to conduct due diligence to take longer than a month in hostile takeovers. But thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway.

My my, we seem a little touchy tonight Mr. dariencc aren't we???

Calling Mr. Corridore an idiot, not nice big guy, not nice. Whats wrong hoss, seems everytime somebody comes out and says anything even remotely anti-merger, you get your crusty panties in a bind.

Look at any post the mental midget dariencc has responded to, and if its somebody pro-merger, then they're his new best friend, but if they say something otherwise, well be prepared for hellfire and brimstone!!!

Perhaps you should become an airline analyst yourself, i mean hell, you know more than any of the "experts" quoted in the article.

Don't you think that if the unsecured creditors were interested in US Airways offer, they would have forced Delta to open the books for "due diligence"? Now Parker is saying he's willing to pay more if Delta can prove they're worth more. Funny thing is, they don't have to prove sh!% to Parker, only the creditors. Parker low-balled the creditors and Delta and is now in panic mode.

I think the creditors ultimately decided they didn't want anything to do with a combined carrier with $22 billion in debt. Too bad.

Hey dariencc, save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.

My my, we seem a little touchy tonight Mr. dariencc aren't we???

Calling Mr. Corridore an idiot, not nice big guy, not nice. Whats wrong hoss, seems everytime somebody comes out and says anything even remotely anti-merger, you get your crusty panties in a bind.

Look at any post the mental midget dariencc has responded to, and if its somebody pro-merger, then they're his new best friend, but if they say something otherwise, well be prepared for hellfire and brimstone!!!

Perhaps you should become an airline analyst yourself, i mean hell, you know more than any of the "experts" quoted in the article.

Don't you think that if the unsecured creditors were interested in US Airways offer, they would have forced Delta to open the books for "due diligence"? Now Parker is saying he's willing to pay more if Delta can prove they're worth more. Funny thing is, they don't have to prove sh!% to Parker, only the creditors. Parker low-balled the creditors and Delta and is now in panic mode.

I think the creditors ultimately decided they didn't want anything to do with a combined carrier with $22 billion in debt. Too bad.

Hey dariencc, save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.Maybe he and bend over babe are buddies!! :blink: :rolleyes: :shock:

Delta777:

What useful purpose does it serve to insult people or lack decorum on a message board?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Believe me when i tell you i don't enjoy doing it. However, i have grown tired of dariencc's backhanded compliments. Feel free to disagree with my views, many do, but there's no need to make it personal.

If dariencc would agree, i have no problem letting bygone's be bygone's.

Some interesting quotes from the news stories USA320Pilot put up...

"With Delta Air Lines planning to submit its bankruptcy reorganization plan any day, would-be buyer U.S. Airways has now pinned its hopes on persuading Delta creditors to give it a peak at the books before it submits its own, reworked takeover plan to those same stakeholders."

You forgot:

Earlier Monday, the Wall Street Journal reported that Delta could file the reorganization plan as early as Tuesday. It cited unnamed people familiar with the matter who said Delta planned to value the company at $10 billion to $12 billion, topping U.S. Airways Group Inc.'s merger offer of $8.4 billion.[/qoute]

and

Until Feb. 15, it has the exclusive right to file a reorganization plan.

Dariencc, please excuse my unwarranted personal comments, they were not needed and unacceptable.

Dariencc, please excuse my unwarranted personal comments, they were not needed and unacceptable.
Looking beyond the obvious Bias that exists on both sides of this situation.

The fact of the matter is that anything employees or reporters have to say is meaningless.

This deal only comes down to cold hard cash. If all the parties involved stand to make a ton of it, then it will happen, period.

And by "parties involved", I do not mean anyone that collects a U or DAL paycheck... I am talking about the creditors, the finance people, the M + A lawyers, the politicians, and the top executives of each corportation.

When Parker said he would not go on with the deal unless DAL mngt could "see the merits" and agree to help, he was only using code for "want and/or how much do YOU guys personally want...?

So instead of wasting your time surfing for some article with a quote, from a supposed expert that supports your desired outcome, pay attention instead for what really matters: (Not that you would be clued into such info until aftrwards)

1. What U ends up giving up to get this deal to pass muster with the current administration's DOJ.

2. What kind of payoff the DAL managers get to get "onboard", and all of the sudden sing a different tune to everyone of how great a deal this is.

3. What kind of movement occurs with the remaining merger canidates. CAL/UAL becomes a reality, then that's a whole lotta pressure on everyone else to find a dance partner.

Also, it's the freaking Holidays, why don't you all log off, and go spend sometime with your families instead of being gluded to the computer monitor. Trust me, employees have no say in this whatsoever. So stop kidding yourself, wasting time, and instead try to enjoy your Holiday season.

Ho ho ho.

Delta777:

What useful purpose does it serve to insult people or lack decorum on a message board?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

What useful purpose does it serve to take your song and dance over to the DL board and get them aggravated? What useful purpose has it done on the UA board? I'm just wondering about what you define as a useful purpose and how it should be applied to one's life?

Latest posts

Back