Us Airways Alliance/regulatory Updates

ITRADE

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
DCA/IAD US2
www.geocities.com
A couple new updates.

#1 DOT issued a certificate to PSA to enable it to fly internationally. So I guess this would mean that you'll see PSA at YUL and YYZ or YOW.

#2 After nearly a year, DOT granted US's application to code share with Carribean Sun from San Juan to St. Vincent/Grenadines.

I'm pretty sure PSA already flies to YYZ. I thought my USX flight this week to YYZ was operated by them--and they did a terrible, terrible job.

Huh. Just checking the schedules, it looks like there are flights today and tomorrow into YUL that are already operated by PSA. Maybe it (the certificate) is for the islands?

well, i don't care what kind of plane they fly, they did a terrible job. they are not friendly, they provide no customer service, they are undependable, etc.

US1YFARE said:
well, i don't care what kind of plane they fly, they did a terrible job. they are not friendly, they provide no customer service, they are undependable, etc.
I don't think they were answering you.

I have commuted on and off via PSA for many years and have found them to be much more dependable than my normal commute option of ACA. Also the US CSR's and the PSA pilots and F/A's could not have been nicer or more accomodating when I was trying to get home or to work.

The US folks in particular have always been helpful in my travels.

PSA has been flying into YYZ since 1992 with EMB120's then D328's. PSA has been flying into YOW since 1995 in the D328's and now with the CRJ200's. PSA has been operating at YUL since around 2000 with D328's and now CRJ200's. PSA has good people working for them, but the management is poor.

Filed late last week:

"30-Day Notice of Lufthansa plans to display US Airways designator code on flights operated by Lufthansa between: Frankfurt, Germany and Kuwait City, Kuwait; Frankfurt, Germany and Ankara, Turkey; and Munich, Germany and Ankara, Turkey."