Us Airways Files Round 2 Of Star Alliance Routes

ITRADE

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
DCA/IAD US2
www.geocities.com
US Airways has with the DOT an application to start codeshare service with Spanair to several Spanish points.

Spanair's code will appear on US's PHL-MAD route and a couple dozen cities beyond PHL. US'd code will appear on Spanair flights to Barcelona, Malaga, and Palma de Mallorca.

Awesome! I guess this means the MAD route is staying -- I had heard rumors MAD may be dropped.

I wonder if British Midland is in the works, too. The MAN flight would probably benefit from points beyond MAN.

Hmmmm

I want to see the Al-Hambra in Granada??, the Guggenheim in Bilbao, and the Gaudi stuff in Barcelona and Madrid.

Would I find all that stuff in those locales?

Wasn't the 'Inquisition' in Spain? Got to be a "Museum of the Inquisition," right?

USFlyer said:
I wonder if British Midland is in the works, too. The MAN flight would probably benefit from points beyond MAN.
BMI would be a good partner - from Manchester. Unfortunately BMI's other operations base is LHR - somewhere that neither US Airways nor any number of other U.S. based airlines will be flying to in the near future.

Can US (or any other carrier) codeshare in/out of LHR? Or is that forbidden as well?

USFlyer said:
Can US (or any other carrier) codeshare in/out of LHR? Or is that forbidden as well?
Don't know the answer to that one. AA had one he11 of a time getting its code on BA flights out of LHR - but that was a more difficult - antitrust - issue.

The Bermuda II language may limit LHR access to only those carriers already approved (physically present or present via code-share in the CRS).

Latest posts