Us Airways / America West Merger

RIGHT!!! Today's stock market closing UAIRQ .88, UALAQ 1.47. WOW, United is doing better in 30 months of BK than US...surprise!!!

USA320Pilot said:
the good news is that US Airways is distancing itself from Untied,
[post="274988"][/post]​

Is it fair to say that after 50 misspellings of UNITED, that he is stupid? Or does it mean I can call him DELETED BY MOD

700UW, BoeingBoy, & Busdrvr:

700UW, it's my understanding that Bronner said that he would consider investing in US Airways if labor participated in the restructuring, but he did not say he would unequivocally provide an equity investment. Regardless, US Airways and America West have attracted about $1.65 billion in additional liquidity, which is significant.

BoeingBoy & Busdrvr, it seems your comments regarding “good willâ€￾ are in conflict. I am certainly not a Marketing, Planning, and Revenue Accounting expert and I appreciate your comments. The point is that passengers book their travel and pay their fee, but most of the time do not travel to some point in the future, which could be months away. Thus, the majority of the passengers flying this summer will have their revenue accounted for much earlier. Q2 and Q3 are the best financial months for an airline and if a company cannot turn a profit during this period, it sends an ominous signal for the airline.

Meanwhile, Continental reported its traffic and revenue results for May. The consolidated unit revenue rose by 8.5-9.5% and mainline unit revenue rose by 9-10% and t numbers were well above most analyst expectations and obviously impressive.

The improved load factors were the principal driver of revenue gains, but yields rose by 2.5% during the month (mainline and consolidated) versus the April meager gain of 0.7%.

The carrier indicated yield impact from recent fare hikes and better revenue management signals May will be the best RASM comp of the quarter for Continental and probably for the remainder of the year. Moreover, given the company's yield assumptions for June, a quarterly profit appears likely, but this could change due to fuel prices.

I doubt that Continental is alone in seeing solid revenue gains. April revenue was underwhelming, however, May seems to have marked a material
improvement in industry revenue generation.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. If my comments about United and US Airways are invalid, then why do the United employees spend so much time on the US Airways forum? Why don't the United employees discuss their company on their forum? Why waste their time disputing my comments, if they're invalid?

Busdrvr said:
My sources say UAL was never really interested and when they informed Lakefield that they weren't interested, he took the only option that would keep U solvent. It's like a fat chick going to the prom with the pimply faced Tuba player from the Marching Band and then saying she "shunned' the Capt of the Football team who never asked (and never would have....)
[post="275015"][/post]​

This is the single funniest (and accurate) thing I've read on this board all week.

That said, Bronner did not kick in on the Amwest deal, lost $250 million in the process. U had to squeeze RJ operators and airbus to make it thru bankruptcy. Who, exactly, was going to put up the several billion it would've taken to buy UA?

Clue:

It's my understanding that RSA was going to buy UA assets for US, not the whole airline per the UCT & ICT. If you remember, David Bronner spoke about this in four different interviews. Did you see any of these comments?

In regard to a full blown merger and funding, I believe you said that US Airways could not get out of bankruptcy and would not obtain exit finacing, but the company and its new partner has obtained about $1.65 billion in new liquidity.

Considering the state of the industry, I believe that is impressive. Also noteworthy, did you see the following column?

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. As a disgruntled and antagonistic passenger, how would you know what is accurate inside of the "executive suites"of either company, since you were wrong about US Airways' proposed exit financing?

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy & Busdrvr, it seems your comments regarding “good willâ€￾ are in conflict.
[post="275023"][/post]​

That night class in accounting really should be looked into, since our comments are definitely not in conflict.

USA320Pilot said:
Q2 and Q3 are the best financial months for an airline and if a company cannot turn a profit during this period, it sends an ominous signal for the airline.
[post="275023"][/post]​

You mean like US, which also lost money in Apri?

USA320Pilot said:
P.S. If my comments about United and US Airways are invalid, then why do the United employees spend so much time on the US Airways forum? Why don't the United employees discuss their company on their forum? Why waste their time disputing my comments, if they're invalid?
[post="275023"][/post]​

Maybe because you make those comments here, on the US Airways forum, and just possibly they consider them invalid.

Jim

ps -

USA320Pilot said:
but the company and its new partner has obtained about $1.65 billion in new liquidity.
[post="275026"][/post]​

Careful with those accounting terms - care to itemize that "new liquidity"?

USA320Pilot said:
Clue:

P.S. As a disgruntled and antagonistic passenger, ......
[post="275026"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
I'm not going to continue with "mud slinging", emotional comments, or to try and discredit the messenger.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​

BoeingBoy:

You know exactly what I mean, but you seem more antaganistic than ever with your "smart-aleck" comments, which is interesting communication for a nearly 59-year old man. Could it be you're a little senstive and have a special need to try to discredit the sender, for obvious reasons?

Your communication style is typical of the so called pilot "darksiders" and when would now be a good time to get over your anger? Anger that is probably due to the fact you will be forced to retire in a little over one-year and you (along with every other pilot) lost their very large lump sum DB retirement plan.

Separately, for April US Airways posted a $7 million operating profit and a net loss of $31 million. Although not good and US Airways clearly has more work to do, how did that compare to other bankrupt companies?

Meanwhile, it appears that the investment community believes in the company's strategy to emerge from bankruptcy and participate in industry consolidation. Did you see the following article?

See Story

What's your opinion of this article and those investors who have reviewed the business plan and are putting their money where their mouth is?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

BoeingBoy:

There you go again, with further attempts at misrepresentation. I know it’s tough on you since you were exposed and publicly embarrassed, especially when ALPA requested USaviation.com pull down your post that was made without ALPA knowledge or consent violating their trust. Thus, when would now be a good time for you to learn some decorum as you would say in “night classâ€￾.

Nonetheless, let me help you out. Stating a point that a person is disgruntled or antagonistic is not “mud slingingâ€￾ or trying to discredit a person; it is simply stating an opinion.

Meanwhile, you continue to try to discredit me because I have been exposed you as a fraud. In my opinion, you public comments continue to paint you in a negative light and are child-like.

People who make the “smart-aleckâ€￾ and “antagonistic" comments are the one’s who are viewed poorly. Could it be as you grow closer-and-closer to mandatory retirement without the DB Plan your anger and bitterness is exponentially growing?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy:

, which is interesting communication for a nearly 59-year old man.

[post="275029"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
I'm not going to continue with "mud slinging", emotional comments, or to try and discredit the messenger. If you choose to do so, so be it.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​

Hey! This is fun! :up:

767jetz:

You're right, it is fun.

By the way, why do you visit the US Airways message board so often? If my comments have no value, why do you have so much emotion tyring to discredit or insult me? Does it make you feel big and important to insult others?

After all, if my comments have no merit or value, why waste your valuable time?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. I believe it's a compliment for you to continue to search the archives for my comments and to put so much time into reviewing and researching my posts. I know it's tough when you cannot argue the facts and have to resort to trying to "shoot or discredit the messenger". Nobody follows you around the message boards...but you seem to follow me around like a "dog chasing its tale" round-and-round.

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy:

You know exactly what I mean, but you seem more antaganistic than ever with your "smart-aleck" comments, which is interesting communication for a nearly 59-year old man. Could it be you're a little senstive and have a special need to try to discredit the sender, for obvious reasons?
[post="275029"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
I'm not going to continue with "mud slinging", emotional comments, or to try and discredit the messenger.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
Your communication style is typical of the so called pilot "darksiders" and when would now be a good time to get over your anger? Anger that is probably due to the fact you will be forced to retire in a little over one-year and you (along with every other pilot) lost their very large lump sum DB retirement plan.
[post="275029"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
Separately, for April US Airways posted a $7 million operating profit and a net loss of $31 million. Although not good and US Airways clearly has more work to do, how did that compare to other bankrupt companies?
[post="275029"][/post]​

Actually, when adjusted for the companies size, neither good or bad.....but don't let that stand in the way of your spin.

USA320Pilot said:
Meanwhile, it appears that the investment community believes in the company's strategy to emerge from bankruptcy and participate in industry consolidation. Did you see the following article?
[post="275029"][/post]​

You mean the article you've linked three separate times now? Including in a whole thread of it's own?

USA320Pilot said:
What's your opinion of this article and those investors who have reviewed the business plan and are putting their money where their mouth is?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="275029"][/post]​

Simple - there are two types of investors.

1 - those who are looking out for their own best interests. Air Wisconsin & ACE both hope to get their money back from contracts with US/HP.

2 - those who are willing to risk a little for a possible windfall. PAR, Peninsula, and Wellington fall into this camp. I'd call it more speculation than confidence, since confidence would entail a bigger investment. I've noticed that TPG, which has considerable experience in airlines, hasn't invested a single cent.....

Jim

BoeingBoy:

I find it interesting that you continue to try and discredit me by "twisting" information by using comments made over one-month ago. Making a simple point and backing it up with proof is not "mud slinging".

Nonetheless, I find it complimentary that you need to try to discredit me versus argue the merits of the discussion. This indicates you cannot argue the facts and need to use other ways to try and make your point.

Separately, I agree about ACE and Air Wisconsin's investment motivation, but what is interesting is why did these two companies elect to provide US Airways with the money and not other bankrupt companies?

In regard to PAR, Wellington, and Peninsula, the only reason they agreed to invest in the new US Airways is because they believe they're going to get a good ROI.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
In regard to a full blown merger and funding, I believe you said that US Airways could not get out of bankruptcy and would not obtain exit finacing, but the company and its new partner has obtained about $1.65 billion in new liquidity.

Please detail the 1.6 in liquidity. They've claimed they might get there. And how much debt comes with that liquidity? $450 + of the "new" liquidity is of the "to be named later" type, and the remaining belongs to the taxpayer (US and HP are both basically down to the cash provided by their ATSB loans). Impressive!

P.S. As a disgruntled and antagonistic passenger, how would you know what is accurate inside of the "executive suites"of either company, since you were wrong about US Airways' proposed exit financing?
[post="275026"][/post]​

Oh, I'd say I know a fair bit more than a regular line pilot (who holds no position in, and has been chastised by, ALPA). You see, your workplace (literally) does not leave the ground without several things that my firm happens to make. As such, I have a pretty decent conduit, since my firm can, over time, literally ground US if they don't pay us on a regular basis. Oh, and a 8 figure a year corporate contract that now won't break a million.

If you want to attack the messenger, we'll go there. Can you tell us about the AA/US UCT again? Or the -170 as an LCC response? Or buying UA (which did not actually happen)? Out of seniority furloughs? Jobs with foreign airlines?

BTW--I'm not disgrunted, per se. US is down roughly $14k in revenue that I've spent elsewhere on airfare. In 5 months. And it's a slow year. Keep laughing--other airlines happily take my money, and (unlike the denizens at CCY) don't try to insult their customer's intelligence.

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy:

There you go again, with blah, blah, blah
[post="275031"][/post]​

Despite what you said
USA320Pilot said:

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy:

I find it interesting ......
[post="275039"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
Separately, I agree about ACE and Air Wisconsin's investment motivation, but what is interesting is why did these two companies elect to provide US Airways with the money and not other bankrupt companies?
[post="275039"][/post]​

I would think that Air Wisconsin would be evident to even you. As for ACE (or more properly ACTS), they already have maintence contracts with "the other bankrupt company".

USA320Pilot said:
In regard to PAR, Wellington, and Peninsula, the only reason they agreed to invest in the new US Airways is because they believe they're going to get a good ROI.
[post="275039"][/post]​

I suspect that if they truly believed they'd get a good ROI, they'd have invested more. What they're investing individually is small potatoes. PAR invested more in AMR stock for a lot smaller share of the company, likewise Pensula. Wellington has split their small investment among so many of their funds - IIRC no single fund has over a $100,000 exposure - that it's a small risk for a potentially large reward.

Jim

Back