US Airways (East) ALPA Merger Committee Update

This will be the result:

- 1986 and senior is straight DOH.
- East F/Os get slotted in with with AWA DOHs of 1987-1998
- DOH adjusted for length of service for the rest of the list.
- CELs are at the bottom.

Then, at last, we can get on with the more important things in life - like a joint contract.

There is no way for anyone to forcast how this thing will turn out. Any decision is better than the arguing that is going on now. I've never seen a seniority arbitration that was anything but a surprise.

A320 Driver

I agree with both. There will be surprises, to be sure. But most arbitrators go to successful historical integrations to come up with a viable plan. If we look at how Mr. Nicolau integrated the Shuttle (granted, very different in many ways,) we may see a hint of how things may transpire.

I suspect that the bottom A330 capatin and all those senior will be placed at the top (whether or not they hold a A330 bid.) This was how Mr. Nicolau worked before. In the Shuttle integration, any mainline pilot who was senior to the bottom 767 captain was placed above the entire Shuttle list. This time, we may see this technique go to the bottom 767 international captain (since it is essentially all widebody flying.) This is essentially the same as aquagreen's first point, and it would be keeping with Mr. Nicolau's own precedent.

For those below that seniority, we will likely see an award similar to the Shuttle's slotting, with time-in-service taken into account. This would effectively put the east 1999-and-post hires at the bottom.

There may be fences of sorts to allow the pre-1999 east hires to take some advantage of the huge east attrition. That facet may hold much of the surprise element.

I agree with both. There will be surprises, to be sure. But most arbitrators go to successful historical integrations to come up with a viable plan. If we look at how Mr. Nicolau integrated the Shuttle (granted, very different in many ways,) we may see a hint of how things may transpire.

I suspect that the bottom A330 capatin and all those senior will be placed at the top (whether or not they hold a A330 bid.) This was how Mr. Nicolau worked before. In the Shuttle integration, any mainline pilot who was senior to the bottom 767 captain was placed above the entire Shuttle list. This time, we may see this technique go to the bottom 767 international captain (since it is essentially all widebody flying.) This is essentially the same as aquagreen's first point, and it would be keeping with Mr. Nicolau's own precedent.

For those below that seniority, we will likely see an award similar to the Shuttle's slotting, with time-in-service taken into account. This would effectively put the east 1999-and-post hires at the bottom.

There may be fences of sorts to allow the pre-1999 east hires to take some advantage of the huge east attrition. That facet may hold much of the surprise element.
Your prediction puts you at 1986 or senior, hence your, I've got mine, apathetic attitude.