US Airways employees get $47M in profit sharing

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
This just In From the "Don't Spend it all at once Department.

US Airways Group Inc. employees will divide $47 million in profit-sharing proceeds following the airline’s second-most profitable year. The payments are the first since 2007.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2011/03/09/us-airways-employees-get-47m-in.html

EXcept Fleet Service that the only group I believe that doesnt get any of it due to RC taking it away in the 2005 or 2008 contract. Enjoy the money

Ditto for the Mechanic & Related.....the "fighting machinists" gave that up for the IAMNPP :(

All IAM represented employees will receive "cake & ice cream" though to celebrate the great job according to news media.....

thats true AP we were told that last week. whoopy doo cake n ice cream! while the other agents in my station get that plus the dough

Thank You I- I'm A-am -M-Mechanic

Yes 700 I know WE voted on it.
It's what the I.A.M. pushed thru Thanks to the Pay Parity for ALL cities. Not just the Hubs. The BIG cities didnt care for FIVE YEARS about anyone but themselves. GLAD to see CLT got what they Deserved in thier last shift Bid and Arm PIT is No MORE !

Reactions: 1 person
Hope, do the math, there are more Rampers in the IAM than mechanics.

And last time I checked, your own fellow fleet service members were on the Negotiating Committee, not one Mechanic.

The VP of Transportation of the IAM Robert Roach, was fleet at TWA, not a mechanic.

Now are you suffering from a case of Mechanic Envy?

How long are you going to blame the mechanics for your own problems?

All your CBAs were done by fleet, yes the first committee had two AGCs who were Mechanics, but they left your committee when we split the district and Fleet negotiating EVERY CBA you have had.

Dont let the facts get in your way, and I like how you tried to drag me into a thread that I have made no comment on.

Hope, do the math, there are more Rampers in the IAM than mechanics.

And last time I checked, your own fellow fleet service members were on the Negotiating Committee, not one Mechanic.

The VP of Transportation of the IAM Robert Roach, was fleet at TWA, not a mechanic.

Now are you suffering from a case of Mechanic Envy?

How long are you going to blame the mechanics for your own problems?

All your CBAs were done by fleet, yes the first committee had two AGCs who were Mechanics, but they left your committee when we split the district and Fleet negotiating EVERY CBA you have had.

Dont let the facts get in your way, and I like how you tried to drag me into a thread that I have made no comment on.

700, You are correct, CURRENTLY there are More FSA agents.
BUT, When this all went thru, there were MANY more Maintence & Related employees than FSA's. the I A M Did sell out ALL OF IT'S Members in the profit sharing arena, and You and I both know that.

Once again you fail to answer.

Mechanics HAD nothing to do with your CBA, and the after effects.

And if you really want to know there are more aerospace workers in the IAM than any other group.

You sold yourself out, and US hasnt paid profit sharing since 2007.

Your looking at US, not the whole IAM.

So please explain to me how Mechanics are to blame for your woes.

Last time I checked, fleet negotiated all their own CBAs and Fleet members were the only ones to vote on the CBAs.

AHHH The thrill of posting what I thought was positive news!

And the agony of reading the posts related to the news.

700, you know better.
You can say that the CBA was voted in by the members, but was brought to the membership in way by the IAM that treated FSA's Two Different ways. So Please, if you were involved with the IAM like you claim, you did have access to the numbers, Just look at the Vote - Class I overwelmingly YES and the Class II cities that were about to make over $4.00 an hour LESS voted a solid NO. So Please, You know better....