US Airways Has AA Labor Backing for AMR Takeover: Sources

The way that you East and West guys fight make it very very hard to understand why we bought into what Doug Parker was selling. Seriously, what do you guys have to gain if this becomes a go? It is like Bizarro World and APA gets to be the adults in the room and save the day. Craziness at its finest.

Just an FYI, I am not involved in the East/West battle in any way. I too got sick and tired of the bickering back and forth, especially when it poured over into just about every thread. Once I made a statement in regard to the battle going into a lot of threads, the above member decided to start doing battle with me.

Just an FYI, I am not involved in the East/West battle in any way. I too got sick and tired of the bickering back and forth, especially when it poured over into just about every thread. Once I made a statement in regard to the battle going into a lot of threads, the above member decided to start doing battle with me.

Nope, what I did was knock you off your hall monitor high horse. If you want to be the hall monitor or crossing guard, I'm sure your teacher wiill let you out of class early.

What you did in true Eastie fashion is try to control the message by poking me in the chest. When people like you can't handle dissenting opinion you either run to the mods or deflect. I see it and you are not going to get away with it with me.

Bill:
Given that the strong rumor is that Parker has offered the APA DAL rates (and a 7 yr fence for a DOH list) ...do you have access to actual DAL category pay rates?

Tom

Bill:
Given that the strong rumor is that Parker has offered the APA DAL rates (and a 7 yr fence for a DOH list) ...do you have access to actual DAL category pay rates?

Tom
Holy cow! Where does that leave everyone else and what kind of resentment will that breed?

Nope, what I did was knock you off your hall monitor high horse. If you want to be the hall monitor or crossing guard, I'm sure your teacher wiill let you out of class early.

What you did in true Eastie fashion is try to control the message by poking me in the chest. When people like you can't handle dissenting opinion you either run to the mods or deflect. I see it and you are not going to get away with it with me.

How do you even know who is an eastie is?

Fwiw, I'm done with all of this going back and forth, and its not getting anyone anywhere.....

I think it is time for the unions to tell us exactly what promises were made by LCC....
I think is is time for the unions to tell us exactly what "FINAL TEXT" is being prepared by the company for us members to view...

Enough of this "confidentiality" and cloak and dagger nonsense.

Every union member has a horse in this race and the unions need to tell EXACTLY what is going down.

Based on what I have seen the pilots and the F/A unions have gone public with their offers. Does this rest in the hands of the TWU to share their part?

Reactions: 1 person
The fact that US is accepting the early out proposal
should encourage a lot of senior AA fl/a to retire.
Your retirement is only as good as the airline you put it in. Everyone wants to see a strong airline emerge. Is that with US? Who knows. AA says that they want to come out of BK first and then think about merger. Does that help US? I’m not sure.

Your retirement is only as good as the airline you put it in. Everyone wants to see a strong airline emerge. Is that with US? Who knows. AA says that they want to come out of BK first and then think about merger. Does that help US? I’m not sure.

Of course AA management would have that position. I'm sure they would be mighty pleased to merge with anyone provided it is after the BK process.

The reason being that they will suck bonuses out of the company like crazy during the process (we have to retain our unique talent to get us through this difficult process) and then they will award themselves percentages of ownership in the "new" AA.

Thus they reap millions during the process and then again after the process when they sell it off. That is why your BK cuts have not been as draconian as US and UA were... they want this process to run through quickly and smoothly, loot the millions and sail off into the sunset richer than they ever dreamed, leaving the problems to someone else.

Been through it before.

Of course AA management would have that position. I'm sure they would be mighty pleased to merge with anyone provided it is after the BK process.

The reason being that they will suck bonuses out of the company like crazy during the process (we have to retain our unique talent to get us through this difficult process) and then they will award themselves percentages of ownership in the "new" AA.

Thus they reap millions during the process and then again after the process when they sell it off. That is why your BK cuts have not been as draconian as US and UA were... they want this process to run through quickly and smoothly, loot the millions and sail off into the sunset richer than they ever dreamed, leaving the problems to someone else.

Been through it before.

Very true. I still recall some of the old US gang reaping millions in bonuses on a Friday, and filing BK a few days later. No way they were going to miss out on their loot due to a stinkin BK.

I cannot believe how devious Parker is being about this. Did he stop for a moment to consider how his own employees would feel about this merger? Did he bother to ask them?

The hubris is truly incredible here. Personally I hope this idea gets slapped down faster than their bid for Delta did.

US employees should be rioting right now after Parker offered AA'ers better deals than he's offering to his own people during contract negotiations.