Boeing Doesn't See AA-US Merger

Is that the original AA term sheet, their latest proposal, or the US term sheet?

This is from US bridge term sheet taken from the members only section of the APFA website.

Also, regarding furloughs/early out here is the US proposal:

Early Out APFA's proposal accepted
No Furloughs

No Furloughs
But what does the fine print say? I think it was the TWU or APA bridge agreement that said no furloughs "for two years after closing". Since the airlines will be operating separately until a single ops certificate is allowed by the FAA, it would be at least a year after the closing before employee groups could be combined, leaving a year or less of no furlough protection.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
But what does the fine print say? I think it was the TWU or APA bridge agreement that said no furloughs "for two years after closing". Since the airlines will be operating separately until a single ops certificate is allowed by the FAA, it would be at least a year after the closing before employee groups could be combined, leaving a year or less of no furlough protection.

Jim, that assumes that the TA as it is today gets voted in. I'm not so sure it will be.

Jim, that assumes that the TA as it is today gets voted in. I'm not so sure it will be.

Is there a TA?

I thought we were looking at a Last Best Offer put together by someone in the TWU designed to save some jobs short term in exhange for complete destruction of heavy overhaul at American Airlines long term.

Is there a TA?

I thought we were looking at a Last Best Offer put together by someone in the TWU designed to save some jobs short term in exhange for complete destruction of heavy overhaul at American Airlines long term.

I'm referring to the non-binding TA the unions signed with Parker. The union leaders agreed to it, but would it pass a ratification vote? I don't think so from what I'm hearing.

You may be right but there's so many "agreements" floating around it's hard to tell which is being talked about at times - I need a program to tell the players apart. As I understand it, primarily from the APA info available, the "bridge agreement" is not a TA and won't be voted on, so the first vote on Parker's offer would be on an official tentative agreement. Meanwhile, the TWU is having a vote or votes on the latest AA offer(s). That vote or votes will presumably be complete prior to the conclusion of the 1113 process.

Jim

Jim

From the APFA US bridge term sheet....the emphasis on market based:

Expedited Negotiations for New Contract: Negotiations for a market based contract will take place immediately following a single-carrier certification. If an agreement cannot be reached within 60 days of the certification the matter will be submitted to final binding arbitration.

So the APFA was the only one of the three unions that didn't get any promises about there not being furloughs or reducing the number of furloughs vs AA's term sheet?

Jim

Thank you for beating me to the punch. Some have selective reading.
Not at all - I was responding to your post that said nothing about no furlough language - just a "market based" contract. All I said is read the fine print since in at least one of the "bridge agreements" agreed to by Parker the no furlough protection is only for 2 years after the closing of the merger. And given that it's likely that AA employees will be furloughed before a potential merger takes place, did Parker also agree to recall them for any period of time?

In other words, don't jump on bullet points as being the whole story...all three unions seem to be emphasizing the positive and not mentioning the negatives in their bullet points...

Jim

Reactions: 3 people