US Airways just saved itself - all miles to count towards status

Actually, if you use your Dividend Miles Platinum card, you get 200 miles for the $100 fee.
9.gif']

Good move on US's part.

I am ALL FOR US Airways finding ways to increase revenue but this was just not the best way.

US just retained my $$$thousands of annual business.

Is that a bad thing? Nope. Not for me and not for them.

From the washingtonpost.com chat:
Thank you Keith and to all listening. Yes, based on feedback from customers, today we have announced two changes to our policies regarding non-refundable fares. You will be pleased to know that we will continue to credit all miles earned toward tier status whether on a full or restricted fares. Second, for travel on or after January 1, 2003, customers will be allowed to standby with a non-refundable ticket with a $100 fee.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 11:10:41 AM ITRADE wrote:

From the washingtonpost.com chat:

"Thank you Keith and to all listening. Yes, based on feedback from customers, today we have announced two changes to our policies regarding non-refundable fares. You will be pleased to know that we will continue to credit all miles earned toward tier status whether on a full or restricted fares. Second, for travel on or after January 1, 2003, customers will be allowed to standby with a non-refundable ticket with a $100 fee."
----------------
[/blockquote]What we also need back is the BRV/MEF waiver.Customers are very upset when they call res, because a loved one has just died,or has been hospitalized, and we charge them $100.00 plus to make a change. So that they can return to their origination to take care of very important family mattters... We need to show some compassion...

Well...US Airways came out with an industry changing policy. Most of it was adopted. Not bad for being only the 7th largest airline.

Thanks to the original poster on this latest update!

Here is the link to the full text of the chat on the Washington Post today. Answers many questions about US Airways tickets and preferred status programs. I want to stay with US Airways and this is a major step to getting me back. I've been US1 4 years in a row (mostly commuter flights) and the airline has treated me very well in the past. I am particularly grateful for all the front line folks who have tried their best to be nice to me ... many under very heavy stress..... the CHPR reservations folks are top-notch and have taken a lot of stuff from angry customers..... hope this makes their lives a bit easier. Steven

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/z...ander090402.htm

I also noticed a very large amount of E-Savers this week. With the kids back in school, and September 11th heading our way, no one is flying this coming week. Last I knew, the average bookings for the up coming week were very low and on 9/11 only about 25,000 or so booked to fly.

I'm glad they did this. However, I'm still a bit upset over the standby fee. I know why (or at least why Baldanza says), however, it seems more than stupid to fly an empty seat rather than court goodwill from a customer. What do I know?

Of course, now the problem is how to un-burn the bridges that US just torched with a lot of its VFFs (myself included).

On a completely unrelated note, can anybody explain the absolute glut of E-savers this weekend? Pick where you want to go (I'll be heading off to BTV).