US Airways laying off 161 reservationists

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/30/2002 1:32:11 PM usresman wrote:

Out of 2800 how many do you think are going to vol.? I'm saying 50-70 systemwide.... who knows.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I'm thinking at least 100, and hoping more, but you're right, who knows? When UCA closed I didn't think many people would transfer (except to SYR), but I couldn't have been more wrong.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/30/2002 12:18:14 AM t-man wrote:

Athena,
I hear that in Jan. there will only be 9 main line gates and only 80 main line flights in PIT.
I'm assuming that all of the other gates will be used for Mid Atlantic flights.
It appears to me that PIT is becoming mainly an RJ Hub.
This information was brought to me from a line mech. so I don't know if it true or not.
He also told me that we only are using 17 gates for main line starting in oct.
I hope this answered your question.

----------------
[/blockquote]

With 160 mainline in PIT on 11/2, I'm guessing there will be more than 17 gates, as US isn't exactly on par with Southwest in turnaround times. Unless they are going to have an area on the tarmac for flights to wait half an hour for a gate.

Time is running out for the voluntary Furloughs!!! Any numbers yet?????? Seems like the Number here in PIT went down. Only hearing 14 confirmed in my building. 10 in the other.

[P]As of today 10/01/02, PIT combined Vol Furlough numbers were at 45 (up to 52+ with some invols submitting vol furloughs, should their jobs be saved by the upper vol furloughs). All we need is some numbers from MCO[/P]
[P] [/P]

Does anyone know what the final numbers were in each office of those who took vol. furlough? Thanks

Could someone please tell me what the package looked like to take early retirement?? This is interesting since I retired--yes, I have my flights and my medical--which I pay for--but my total take home from retirement is $71.00 per month. Thanks for any replys and good luck to all.

There was no package... other than walk away, with recall rights for 4yrs instead of the normal 3yrs. Flying for 2yrs, I believe, and you pay your medical after a certain period (90days?) This was a furlough from which you can retire, not an early retirement package.