US Airways Maintenance Outsourcing?

I remember how the A&P tickets meant everything and getting them meant you had it made for life now it’s just a little piece of paper with the FAA name on it collecting dust and worth about as much.

I thought it was a little piece of plastic now?

The battery shop was not dumped, it was moved to the CLT hangar when the hangar was built, it was located on the 2nd floor of it.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.

And everyone could have followed their work or excercise their seniority.

I never said it was gone as in done away with, but it was surely dumped from Pit I remember when it moved south. The southern boys wanted the instrument shop to follow. The southern boys thought they were better able to handle the work load but in reality they were so malcontented their work load was always lacking therefore the instrument stayed in Pit. Stayed in Pit because they knew the rotatable count would stay at a respectful level.

You are so full of yourself I feel sorry for you. If the unions went away completely you would wither away to nothing. 700 you are the reason people loathe unions, and no wonder, with morons spouting off all their asinine remarks people will naturally shy away. The union numbers are going in the wrong direction and yet you and other so called union leaders alienate potential membership. People are not your dogs to follow and obey, but instead they give you morons the finger. You deserve it. When I was at Pit union meetings Vic would stand up front screaming at anyone who dared go against his rants. His is the norm in the IAM leadership. It’s amazing anyone still belongs to the IAM given the leadership that is the IAM. 700 you do more damage than good as people read what the IAM accepts. Bill Fried Brain, Frankie the Wise Guy, on and on. The IAM will not go on forever and we all can see that by reading your insanity.

Glad to see you cant admit it when you are wrong and glad to see you cant hold an intelligent debate without calling names and insulting people?

You have never changed and you never will.

Any truth to the rumor about sending hp 737's to MIA for paint and still sending buses to RSW ? What a waste if thats true.
Complete paint jobs are not done in house. The AW work doesnt come back over night since the nmb ruked against the ibt. The transition talks and single operating certificate have to be combined first.

Complete paint jobs are not done in house. The AW work doesnt come back over night since the nmb ruked against the ibt. The transition talks and single operating certificate have to be combined first.

The contracts between USAirways , either IBT or IAM have no bearing whatsoever on the painting of the aircraft. Never has...and almost certainly never ever will

Niether side of the coin has ever been set up for In-House painting of an entire airframe. The state and local enviromental issues alone make that a monitary and physical impossibility.

You can't blame the company or the unions for this work being done by a third party.

The contracts between USAirways , either IBT or IAM have no bearing whatsoever on the painting of the aircraft. Never has...and almost certainly never ever will

Niether side of the coin has ever been set up for In-House painting of an entire airframe. The state and local enviromental issues alone make that a monitary and physical impossibility.

You can't blame the company or the unions for this work being done by a third party.
Funny...my older and retired lead used strip and paint the planes in the hangers. He told me they wouldn't let them open the doors in the winter to let out the toxic fumes because of the heating cost in Pittsburgh winters was so high. He told me how several employees succumb to different types of cancers, himself included, he was lucky and survived. Yes they did indeed paint them at one time, but after the government realized it was killing employees the EPA and other federal laws become a reality. Like my Father who pumped chemicals barges before all the safety laws that are now enforced, he died of cancer like so many others back before MSDS was a reality.

You don't have to just paint aircraft to kill yourself, just apply Zip or the green toxic mix to ever piece of sheet you touch, you know the stuff you mixed and that everyone called by it's improper name. In fact just work around commercial aircraft long enough and that alone will absolutely shorten your life in many ways, emotional hostage on top of all else.

Funny...my older and retired lead used strip and paint the planes in the hangers. He told me they wouldn't let them open the doors in the winter to let out the toxic fumes because of the heating cost in Pittsburgh winters was so high. He told me how several employees succumb to different types of cancers, himself included, he was lucky and survived. Yes they did indeed paint them at one time, but after the government realized it was killing employees the EPA and other federal laws become a reality. Like my Father who pumped chemicals barges before all the safety laws that are now enforced, he died of cancer like so many others back before MSDS was a reality.
You don't have to just paint aircraft to kill yourself, just apply Zip or the green toxic mix to ever piece of sheet you touch, you know the stuff you mixed and that everyone called by it's improper name. In fact just work around commercial aircraft long enough and that alone will absolutely shorten your life in many ways, emotional hostage on top of all else.

Nice job of summing up my point....Contracts between the Unions and the Company have nothing to do with painting taking place In-House. Local , State and Federal (EPA) laws rule these days.

What was , is more than regretable and more often than not..it was entirely avoidable too.

There was a battery shop located in INT before it was moved to CLT I beleive. As far as the battery shop being moved from PIT to CLT I don't know about that one. The only thing I have ever heard of getting moved from PIT "mecca" was the engine shop and that didn't happen till a few months ago. They did move the 737 checks back to CLT but PIT gained the Airbus work, didn't make sense to me. PIT was doing the 737 work, and the company farmed all the checks on the big airplanes that they did in CLT, so why not just slot the Airbus work there, but instead U spent how many dollars moving tooling, parts, and who knows what ever else from PIT to CLT and from MAE to PIT seems to me the simple and cheaper thing would have been to just move parts, and tooling from MAE to CLT but then again we are talking about the former U managment team!

There was a battery shop located in INT before it was moved to CLT I beleive. As far as the battery shop being moved from PIT to CLT I don't know about that one. The only thing I have ever heard of getting moved from PIT "mecca" was the engine shop and that didn't happen till a few months ago. They did move the 737 checks back to CLT but PIT gained the Airbus work, didn't make sense to me. PIT was doing the 737 work, and the company farmed all the checks on the big airplanes that they did in CLT, so why not just slot the Airbus work there, but instead U spent how many dollars moving tooling, parts, and who knows what ever else from PIT to CLT and from MAE to PIT seems to me the simple and cheaper thing would have been to just move parts, and tooling from MAE to CLT but then again we are talking about the former U managment team!
The battery shop was down the hall from the instrument shop and then shared the instrument shop and then was moved down south. I worked in the instrument for many years and remember it well.

As far as the 37's in Pit, they needed the knowledge the southern guys all had which was lacking in Pit on 37 work, but then after the Pit guys climbed the learning curve it's back down south :p

Like when they closed the Jet shop a friend and fellow A&P started his own company getting in good with a manager and bought and sold thousands of dollars of engine parts to the other airlines. This guy got these expensive engine parts for pennies on the dollar and made a ton of money.

There is the thing they called resale. They ( management) took tons of instruments down to resale and employees were again allowed to buy them for pennies on the dollar. One guy and myself bought many tensionometers (for cables) for $5 each and sold them on eBay for between $250-300 dollars, absolutely true, and insane of the company’s part.

The incompetence was overwhelming, the politics even worse and why I am amazed you guys are still collecting a pay check. It's really a miracle in itself that that airline is still even flying considering all the insanity that went down.

Back