Ace Aviation Completes Investment

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Significant progress has been made to date on finalizing agreements for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) work to be outsourced to Air Canada Technical Services (ACTS) and specific work has already been assigned to ACTS for the heavy maintenance of US Airways' Airbus A330 fleet to commence October 2, 2005. Discussions are also continuing relating to ACTS performing an extensive range of aircraft maintenance and overhaul work on the new US Airways' combined fleet of 361 aircraft which includes Boeing 737, 757 and 767 aircraft as well as Airbus A319, A320 and A321 models

ACE Investment

Are you saying the contract we have is not worth the paper its written on? :( But one good thing for the IAM is that ACTS happens to be represented by guess who....the IAM of course!!!! :down:

does that mean that
CLT hangar and PHX hangar will close ?
i hope not and i really dont think so

My take, FWIW, is that the article is just listing the types in the fleet - not saying all fleet type maintenance will be outsourced.

However, HP apparently outsourced all heavy maintenance and it's probably a safe assumption that the US execs remaining would like to do the same. It's a fact that US management has no compunction about losing a grievence then turning around and doing the same thing over again - at least with the pilots.

So time will tell......

Jim

Well....If the New U sees that the IAM's contract for working the Airbus Narrow Bodies and 50% of the B737-300/400's as meaning nothing out of Chapter 11 ? , I would have to conclude that the IAM members have been sold another bill of goods that will lead to yet another court battle that does not involve a judge whom can give everything away this time. Mediation has gone in our favor before...and it took BK Court to overturn that ruling in managements favor.

I'm going to take this article with a grain of salt for now...and hopefully its just an error on the writers part?....but the IAM needs to be ready just in case.

BoeingBoy said:
Unfortunately, that handwritings been on the wall for a while.....

Jim
[post="306054"][/post]​
I have said this repeatedly, only to be told that The IAM has a "contract", and that the facts should not get in my way B) .....Still Developing....

There is nothing developing the scope language has been tested by US and the IAM prevailed.

700UW said:
Significant progress has been made to date on finalizing agreements for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) work to be outsourced to Air Canada Technical Services (ACTS) and specific work has already been assigned to ACTS for the heavy maintenance of US Airways' Airbus A330 fleet to commence October 2, 2005. Discussions are also continuing relating to ACTS performing an extensive range of aircraft maintenance and overhaul work on the new US Airways' combined fleet of 361 aircraft which includes Boeing 737, 757 and 767 aircraft as well as Airbus A319, A320 and A321 models

ACE Investment
[post="306037"][/post]​
Then why even bother posting this..........developing

"As US Airways moves forward post emergence, we expect to see an acceleration of, and increasing growth in, the work that ACTS does for the new carrier," said William Zoeller, President and CEO of ACTS. "At this stage final contracts have not been completed, but ACTS expects the commercial relationship to be a significant and profitable segment of its business going forward."
ho ho ho......see pit maint go to clt and downsize to your basic checks......
i'll see you in court!! ;)

delldude said:
ho ho ho......see pit maint go to clt and downsize to your basic checks......
i'll see you in court!! ;)
[post="306102"][/post]​
No....no...no.....delldude.....They have a "contract" with "scope' language that was already tested.......you didn't know that???? Everything is gonna be just peachy..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rants.

Yes the company can close PIT and move ALL mtc to CLT, there is nothing in the contract that prevents that, just as long as the work is done in-house.

Put your spoon back.

700UW said:
Don't let the facts get in the way of your rants.

Yes the company can close PIT and move ALL mtc to CLT, there is nothing in the contract that prevents that, just as long as the work is done in-house.

Put your spoon back.
[post="306110"][/post]​
I never said that the company cannot close pit, and move maint. to clt.....I'm merely pointing out what I have stated for years........The companys' intent is to rid itself of as much maint as possible, and do it regardless of your sacred "scope" language....... and YOUR ORIGINAL post on this thread lends credence to my thoughts...That is not a "rant", 700......merely an OPINION of this poster......Now....You have a GOOD DAY!!!!!

Well...If the IAM contract means anything at all?

The work that's agreed too can be performed just about anywhere...as long as its done by U/LCC IAM represented mechanics in regards to all the Heavy Maintenance on the Airbus Narrow Body Fleet and 50% of the dwindling Boeing 737-300/400 Fleet. Those facts are set in stone as no further rulings against the IAM were imposed prior to emerging from Chapter 11 today.

The location as to where the future work is to be performed is as up in the air as Maggies Bloomers in a whirlwind. But here are some facts on the subject. PIT Hangar 5 where Heavy Airbus 320 Family work is done...IS on a month to month lease agreement from BK Part 1....former Hangars 1 and 2 have been vacated per the BK proceedings....and possibly will be torn down in the near future?

The CLT Base Maintenance Hangar and its new Line Hangar are on very secure Long term lease agreements..as no last minute slight of hand was attempted as it was in regards to many facilities in PIT in BK Part 1.

With all the above being what it is....CLT looks lke the long term candidate for the work...but with the NMB getting into the mix in regards to the IBT at the old HP...this could be impacted in some manner , but the mathmatics of this situation makes this far less likely.

Rumors have it that TIMCO is moving into the FAB (Final Assembly Building /Engine Shop) in PIT within less than 120 days...so this leaves our engine shop without a home if the rumors are true? So does this work shift within existing PIT facilities?...move to CLT?...or does the contract allow for yet more outsourcing of this work? I tend to believe that this work is history. Hello ACTS or even TIMCO whom HP already has ties too.

Nobody really knows exactly what's taking place....but a good starting point on re-shaping this company is breaking the U culture of keeping people un-informed and by doing so promoting mis-trust. This should be at the top of the list of things Doug and Crew need to address and change.

Keep the Pins , Hamburgers , Hot Dogs and cakes...fix this culture in a very quick and dramatic way...do it by telling us what the vision is...at least people won't be strung along and they can better prepare for what tomorrow brings.

Just my opinions....Fire away.

Phantom Fixer said:
Well...If the IAM contract means anything at all?

The work that's agreed too can be performed just about anywhere...as long as its done by U/LCC IAM represented mechanics in regards to all the Heavy Maintenance on the Airbus Narrow Body Fleet and 50% of the dwindling Boeing 737-300/400 Fleet. Those facts are set in stone as no further rulings against the IAM were imposed prior to emerging from Chapter 11 today.

The location as to where the future work is to be performed is as up in the air as Maggies Bloomers in a whirlwind. But here are some facts on the subject. PIT Hangar 5 where Heavy Airbus 320 Family work is done...IS on a month to month lease agreement from BK Part 1....former Hangars 1 and 2 have been vacated per the BK proceedings....and possibly will be torn down in the near future?

The CLT Base Maintenance Hangar and its new Line Hangar are on very secure Long term lease agreements..as no last minute slight of hand was attempted as it was in regards to many facilities in PIT in BK Part 1.

With all the above being what it is....CLT looks lke the long term candidate for the work...but with the NMB getting into the mix in regards to the IBT at the old HP...this could be impacted in some manner , but the mathmatics of this situation makes this far less likely.

Rumors have it that TIMCO is moving into the FAB (Final Assembly Building /Engine Shop) in PIT within less than 120 days...so this leaves our engine shop without a home if the rumors are true? So does this work shift within existing PIT facilities?...move to CLT?...or does the contract allow for yet more outsourcing of this work? I tend to believe that this work is history. Hello ACTS or even TIMCO whom HP already has ties too.

Nobody really knows exactly what's taking place....but a good starting point on re-shaping this company is breaking the U culture of keeping people un-informed and by doing so promoting mis-trust. This should be at the top of the list of things Doug and Crew need to address and change.

Keep the Pins , Hamburgers , Hot Dogs and cakes...fix this culture in a very quick and dramatic way...do it by telling us what the vision is...at least people won't be strung along and they can better prepare for what tomorrow brings.

Just my opinions....Fire away.
[post="306152"][/post]​
Very good read Phantom.....my take is A/C maint(heavy) will leave PIT altogether..line, and MAYBE some checks left....As you pointed out with the NMB, and the IBT getting into the mix, this could become somewhat of a sticking point as far as CLT is concerned..only time will tell...as far as FAB, my understanding is the building in CLT that used to house the "other" engine facility is still under lease, or owned(i'm not sure which one), by US.....could move it there, or move it back to the SSB building in Pit, which I find unlikely.....Also heard that hangar 6 in PIT (currently being used as stores facility)....is being looked at by HJ Heinz Co.....Therefore, stores would have to go to SSB, where the engine shop ends up...nobody knows....from what I have been told, though, even if TIMCO would occupy FAB, they would NOT do US engine work