US Airways Provides Update On Next Steps for Proposed Merger With Delta

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003

"We are absolutely determined to take necessary steps to move the process forward"

See Story

US Air 'confident' Delta will begin due diligence process

See Story

US Airways says committed to proposed takeover of Delta Air

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

"We are absolutely determined to take necessary steps to move the process forward"

See Story
US Air 'confident' Delta will begin due diligence process

See Story
US Airways says committed to proposed takeover of Delta Air

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Parker can say whatever he wants, but as long as DL's management comes to the BK court with a POR within their exclusivity period, the PR spin from Tempe matters not.

Parker can say whatever he wants, but as long as DL's management comes to the BK court with a POR within their exclusivity period, the PR spin from Tempe matters not.

If a POR is filed in exclusivity period does that mean its guaranteed to pass the muster?

No.

And that is what has the DAL management worried.

Because I'm guessing LCC can come up with a better plan on paper. But on paper one cannot put a dollar value on employee goodwill or unrest.

Utlitmately, the DAL employees will quash the plan. And the DAL pilots will lead the way. They want no part of being anywhere near a group of pilots who started the dominoes falling. And they want no part of a management who treats employees as liabilities instead of assets.

pilot

No.

And that is what has the DAL management worried.

Because I'm guessing LCC can come up with a better plan on paper. But on paper one cannot put a dollar value on employee goodwill or unrest.

Utlitmately, the DAL employees will quash the plan. And the DAL pilots will lead the way. They want no part of being anywhere near a group of pilots who started the dominoes falling. And they want no part of a management who treats employees as liabilities instead of assets.

pilot

"pilot"

I know many pilots at Delta. Every one of them complains that, just like most airlines, Delta treats its employees like numbers, not people. They have said for years that the Delta family is a thing of the past. I guess you know better, though.

As far as wanting to be anywhere near a group who started the dominoes falling, U pilots have fought more battles for the profession than you ever will. We also remember that it was Delta pilots who allowed unlimited RJ flying. That was the biggest domino of all.

U pilots don't look forward to associating with clowns like you, either. But don't worry, they'll be a lot more honorable than the DAL boys during the Pan Am transaction.

And the creditors don't give a damn about employee goodwill. Once they get paid, they're out.

dariencc

it was Delta pilots who allowed unlimited RJ flying. That was the biggest domino of all.

U pilots don't look forward to associating with clowns like you, either. But don't worry, they'll be a lot more honorable than the DAL boys during the Pan Am transaction.

And the creditors don't give a damn about employee goodwill. Once they get paid, they're out.

dariencc

Well said dariencc !!

Tempe is now saying that the merger assumes that pilots use Delta scope. It will come down to cost benefit analysis whether the CR9 and E175 go back to mainline pilots.

Of course the company could shove first class back in. That would be better for our elites.

Interesting times. :blink:

"pilot"

I know many pilots at Delta. Everyone of them complains that, just like most airlines, Delta treats its employees like numbers, not people. They have said for years that the Delta family is a thing of the past. I guess you know better, though.

As far as wanting to be anywhere near a group who started the dominoes falling, U pilots have fought more battles for the profession than you ever will. We also remember that it was Delta pilots who allowed unlimited RJ flying. That was the biggest domino of all.

dariencc

Well, since you are new here let me fire back.

I've been with LCC (original AAA) probably since before you could shave. I've fought the battles you speak of. I was one of the no guys. How about you? I stood for the profession, and the pension, and fighting off the RJ's, and fighting for the junior guys, and against the pay cuts, work rule givebacks, sissy leather jackets, the PHL, LGA, and CLT cowards, against Pollock and his ilk. Did you? For how many years sparky? I was no before you were even working here.

You speak of honor? You mean the 57% of the LCC honorable guys who agreed to start the dominoes falling? The ones who said go ahead, take what you want, all I want is a JOB? Notice how the cowards call it a job? Honor? Among the majority of LCC pilots? You must live on Mars.

The DAL guys also have no honor. And my point is that they wouldn't want to be in the same room as the LCC scum. And I agree with them. They screwed the Pan Am guys. Piedmont screwed the Empire guys. The LCC guys screwed THEIR OWN BROTHERS WITH MDA, 90 hour months, no stock, etc..... Honor? JEEEEEEZ.

Clown? Unless you voted no on each and every one of the proposals that came down the pike both before and after BK you are no better than the "clowns" at DAL.

But for the record, the LCC guys started the pension giveback. And that's the domino trail I'm talking about.

pilot

I'm betting you voted yes. I'm betting you are one of the 57%.

Back