US Airways Recognized for Contributions to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Airline's Assistance i

usfliboi

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
US Airways Recognized for Contributions to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Airline's Assistance is Critical to Disaster Response
Published: Tuesday, 30 Aug 2011 | 2:56 PM ET Text Size
TEMPE, Ariz., Aug 30, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The American Red Cross recently recognized US Airways (NYSE: LCC) for its support of Red Cross disaster response work by naming the airline a 2011 Disaster Responder.

Red Cross Disaster Responders pledge donations on an ongoing basis, in advance of major disasters, to help the Red Cross ensure an immediate response to meet the needs of those affected by disasters of all sizes, at no cost and regardless of income.

US Airways has been a partner and contributor to the Red Cross for many years.

The Red Cross is able to gain a significant cost savings for mission-related travel, particularly during times of disaster, as one of the recipient charities of US Airways' Miles of Hope program. As a Disaster Responder, US Airways' support allows the Red Cross to more readily deploy volunteers and more effectively respond to the needs of those affected by disaster.

"Our employees and frequent flyers always ask how they can offer support following a disaster," said Julie Coleman, US Airways' director, community relations. "We're proud to partner with the Red Cross to provide travel assistance for relief workers so they can help those who are in need." "Thanks to the support of US Airways and other organizations, the Red Cross has a reliable funding base for its disaster relief program," said Neal Litvack, Red Cross chief development officer. "This generosity enables the Red Cross to respond immediately to the needs of individuals and families impacted by disaster down the street, across the country and around the world, providing food, shelter, mental health counseling and other essential assistance to those affected." For more information or to make a donation to support the Red Cross Disaster Relief and help provide food, shelter, counseling and other assistance to victims of thousands of disasters across the country each year, visit RedCross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to make a donation. US Airways Dividend Miles members can donate unused miles to the Red Cross by visiting US Airways.com (Dividend Miles >> Use Miles).

About US Airways US Airways, along with US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express, operates more than 3,200 flights per day and serves more than 200 communities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Central and South America. The airline employs 32,000 aviation professionals worldwide and is a member of the Star Alliance network, which offers its customers more than 21,000 daily flights to 1,185 airports in 185 countries. Together with its US Airways Express partners, the airline serves approximately 80 million passengers each year and operates hubs in Charlotte, N.C., Philadelphia and Phoenix, and a focus city in Washington, D.C. at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. For two years in a row US Airways was the only airline included as one of the 50 best companies to work for in the U.S. by LATINA Style magazine's 50 Report for 2011.

The airline also earned a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality index for the sixth year in a row. The Corporate Equality index is a leading indicator of companies' attitudes and policies toward lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees and customers. US Airways also ranked #1 among its competing hub-and-spoke network carriers for 2010 performance as rated by the Wichita State University/Purdue University Airline Quality Rating (AQR). For more company information visit usairways.com, follow on Twitter @USAirways or at Facebook.com/USAirways. (LCCG) About the American Red Cross: The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and counsels victims of disasters; provides nearly half of the nation's blood supply; teaches lifesaving skills; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a charitable organization -- not a government agency -- and depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its humanitarian mission. For more information, please visit www.redcross.org or join our blog at www.redcrosschat.org.

-Fly With US- SOURCE: US Airways CONTACT: US Airways Media Relations, 480-693-5729 Copyright Business Wire 2011 -0- KEYWORD: United States

North America

Maybe the Red Cross can come out and and take a look at this so called merger Parker can't put together, I think this place qualifys as a "DISASTER". :D

Reactions: 1 person
US Airways Recognized for Contributions to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Airline's Assistance is Critical to Disaster Response
Published: Tuesday, 30 Aug 2011 | 2:56 PM ET Text Size
TEMPE, Ariz., Aug 30, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The American Red Cross recently recognized US Airways (NYSE: LCC) for its support of Red Cross disaster response work by naming the airline a 2011 Disaster Responder.

Red Cross Disaster Responders pledge donations on an ongoing basis, in advance of major disasters, to help the Red Cross ensure an immediate response to meet the needs of those affected by disasters of all sizes, at no cost and regardless of income.

US Airways has been a partner and contributor to the Red Cross for many years.

The Red Cross is able to gain a significant cost savings for mission-related travel, particularly during times of disaster, as one of the recipient charities of US Airways' Miles of Hope program. As a Disaster Responder, US Airways' support allows the Red Cross to more readily deploy volunteers and more effectively respond to the needs of those affected by disaster.

"Our employees and frequent flyers always ask how they can offer support following a disaster," said Julie Coleman, US Airways' director, community relations. "We're proud to partner with the Red Cross to provide travel assistance for relief workers so they can help those who are in need." "Thanks to the support of US Airways and other organizations, the Red Cross has a reliable funding base for its disaster relief program," said Neal Litvack, Red Cross chief development officer. "This generosity enables the Red Cross to respond immediately to the needs of individuals and families impacted by disaster down the street, across the country and around the world, providing food, shelter, mental health counseling and other essential assistance to those affected." For more information or to make a donation to support the Red Cross Disaster Relief and help provide food, shelter, counseling and other assistance to victims of thousands of disasters across the country each year, visit RedCross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to make a donation. US Airways Dividend Miles members can donate unused miles to the Red Cross by visiting US Airways.com (Dividend Miles >> Use Miles).

Personally I've never been a fan of the Red Cross, HOWEVER, I do commend US Airways for stepping up to the plate in an honorable way. IMO one can debate the relative merits of a particular charity, what is not open to debate is the civic duty that corporations have. US Airways' contributions are such an example. The sad part in all of this that many other corporation don't share the sense of moral obligation to society that US does.

US Airways does many things that we may not like but we owe them a pat on the back on this one. They did the right thing this time and they deserves Kudos for doing so. We can kick them in the ass tomorrow. Today however we pat them on the back and say "Ya Done Good"

Maybe the Red Cross can come out and and take a look at this so called merger Parker can't put together, I think this place qualifys as a "DISASTER". :D

What do you consider a disaster??? You must not be employed with US! This airline is not a disaster.! I along with 30,000 plus employees take offense to that. I work my butt off and so so 99% of this companies employees! If you can do better...I invite you to do just that. Im sick of the BS that comes from the "sky is falling" and the entitlement that many feel they deserve. The tide is turning!

Reactions: 3 people
US Airways' contributions are such an example.

While a good thing, I would just note that the miles used to provide the transportation are donated by Frequent Flyers and others, the transportation isn't donated by US. So US gets to remove some liability from the books - the unused miles donated - and gets recognized for a good deed. And truth be told, providing the channel for people to donate unwanted miles to charity is a good thing which also happens to benefit US.

Jim

US Airways does many things that we may not like but we owe them a pat on the back on this one. They did the right thing this time and they deserves Kudos for doing so. We can kick them in the ass tomorrow. Today however we pat them on the back and say "Ya Done Good"

This post reminds me of when the Crips and the Bloods called a (very brief) truce after the 1992 LA Riots. :lol:

What do you consider a disaster??? You must not be employed with US! This airline is not a disaster.! I along with 30,000 plus employees take offense to that. I work my butt off and so so 99% of this companies employees! If you can do better...I invite you to do just that. Im sick of the BS that comes from the "sky is falling" and the entitlement that many feel they deserve. The tide is turning!
Well maybe you need to work a little harder, the tide is turning, just like the tsunami before it hit Japan!

Poor easties, not used to being at an airline that makes money and does the right thing, and the victimhood cries grow more and more unheard and less important...

Reactions: 3 people
Poor easties, not used to being at an airline that makes money and does the right thing, and the victimhood cries grow more and more unheard and less important...
An airline that makes money? Have you taken a good, I mean good look at the balance sheet, were number 1! Victimhood, the only victims are the ones that own stock in this pyramid!

An airline that makes money? Have you taken a good, I mean good look at the balance sheet, were number 1! Victimhood, the only victims are the ones that own stock in this pyramid!
No. All the employees that smugly prophecize the imminent collapse of US Airways are still going to get up the next day, go to work, and do that work the same as they always have in the ways they're supposed to, and they'll do this each day they're supposed to, and they know this, and so does the company, and that's exactly why US just keeps chugging along. This forum is where they come to dump their pent up angst and bile in what is in reality a very deranged and anonymous group therapy session.

For people that love to complain and point the blame, US Airways is the perfect employer.

No. All the employees that smugly prophecize the imminent collapse of US Airways are still going to get up the next day, go to work, and do that work the same as they always have in the ways they're supposed to, and they'll do this each day they're supposed to, and they know this, and so does the company, and that's exactly why US just keeps chugging along. This forum is where they come to dump their pent up angst and bile in what is in reality a very deranged and anonymous group therapy session.

For people that love to complain and point the blame, US Airways is the perfect employer.
Who else would employ DUI DOUG as a CEO? Just his perfect fit!

Who else would employ DUI DOUG as a CEO? Just his perfect fit!

It is truly amazing how a positive topic can be raided yet again by children. These are the people we are supposed to trust to fly aircraft yet they act like they are in first grade. I truly wish you were required to post your full name and employee number these kids could be taken out of the flight deck and put in their sand box! It scares me that one of these kids who are are paid based on souls on board....can act like what you read on here! Shame on you!!! Your co workers are sick of it. They talk about you each and everyday and are fed up! I am one of them!

Kids...click on this link for entertainment. I use to watch it as a little kid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSuWW-m2UzY

I started flying US Airways in 1996 and they've been "Going out of Business" ever since if you listen to all the pundits, yet here they are still rocking and rolling along. Cats should have as many lives as US Airways :D

I started flying US Airways in 1996 and they've been "Going out of Business" ever since if you listen to all the pundits, yet here they are still rocking and rolling along. Cats should have as many lives as US Airways :D

SH...It is because of the team we have at UsAirways.. Despite what you read from a very select group who are bitter at the world, the majority of the employees do not agree with their posts or thoughts! Ninety five percent of the employees at US are hard working dedicated employees who do enjoy their job and dont hate every management team that this company has been led by! If more of them spoke up when the select few spew their venom they would eventually fade away! That has actually begun and an effort has begun in the workplace because we all want this company to continue with or without the misguided leaders of certains unions in this industry!

It is time for a change alright..but in my humble opinion...the change begins on the front lines where I am..not at the top! That has been proven for since 1989 when we began the CEO shuffle.. Many of them have gone away....however some issues remain the same. I wonder why? UsAirways will survive with or without those select few....Take it to the bank! :)