US Dividend Members

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Fisher House Foundation
Fisher House Foundation is best known for the network of 32 comfort homes on the grounds of military and major Veteran medical centers. The houses are 5,000 to 8,000 square foot homes, with up to 11 suites, donated to the military and VA by the Fisher family of New York through Fisher House. Fisher House provides support to families of patients receiving care at the nearby medical center and has ensured that families of service men and women wounded or injured in the Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom do not pay for their stay at a Fisher House.

Donated miles will be used to reunite families by providing airline tickets to these wounded heroes for a leave or pass from a hospital, or for their families to visit them.
Turn your Dividend Miles into "Hero Miles"
This Memorial Day weekend, we’re partnering with CNN networks to recognize the work of Fisher House Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides temporary residence for families of patients receiving major medical care at military and Veterans Administration centers. Over the holiday weekend, CNN will run promotions across all platforms encouraging their audience to donate frequent flyer miles to the “Hero Milesâ€￾ program and US Airways will match all Dividend Miles donated.

Since its founding in 1990, the Fisher House has offered more than 2 million days of lodging to more than 100,000 families. Presently, the network consists of 37 homes. Donate your Dividend Miles to Fisher House Foundation and have them matched by US Airways.

Editorial from Local Paper's Website

Today we should just put aside all OUR differences and short comings. Our problems are little compared to what Todays Servicemen and Women and Their Families are going thru. They deserve ALL OUR Thanks. And A Big THANK YOU My Friends!

To Our Fallen Countrypersons, My Prayers and Thoughts are with you today and everyday. May You Rest in Peace and NEVER be Forgotten!

I would like to Thank All members of this forum and the Moderaters for pinning this. This is a real good cause to help OUR fellow servicemembers and their families. I hope this brought out some attention and Alot of Goodness from US Aviation board members. Of All the sacrifices we all complain about, our stuff is mute compared to Theirs!

Again I want to Thank All Service Members, Active, Reserves and National Guard. I am Proud that We are Protected by Men and Women as We have. And May Our Fallen Friends Never be Forgotten. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

FISHER HOUSE MEMORIAL DAY FINAL NUMBERS
Over Memorial Day weekend, US Airways partnered with CNN networks to recognize the work of Fisher House Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides temporary residence for families of patients receiving major medical care at military and Veterans Administration centers. Over the holiday weekend, CNN ran promotions across all platforms encouraging their audience to donate frequent flier miles to the “Hero Milesâ€￾ program and US Airways matched all Dividend Miles donated during this timeframe. Through the US Airways Miles of Hope® program, our generous customers donated 36,191,336 miles over the three day weekend!

Congrats to everyone who donated. Thats a lot of miles.... :up: :up: :up:

Latest posts