US Airways rejects PETA ad

Not sure if I buy into your first point as I've not seen evidence to support it. However I would not be even a little surprised if you were dead bang correct.

Your second point I agree with wholeheartedly.

PETA's agenda and views are relevant to the concepts of freedom and liberty due to the fact that if PETA had their way you couldn't buy a burger to save your life. US politely declined which IMO was a sound business decision.

My first point I experienced up close and personal. I used to show dogs and there was a time when PETA went around to shows and let dogs out of their crates. They didn't much care what happened to those loose dogs.

PETA is a dangerous political action group. They reel people in with cute soft bunnies and such, but many have found them out. ELF seems to be active in the northwest but some suspect they have hit the northeast as well. They seem to prefer fires as their MO.

I agree with you that US's decline of their adverts was a smart idea/business decision. Wrapping a plane in the blanket of "evil-doers" would help further their cause and bring disdain to USAirways. USAirways did their homework.

I'm not sure that I consider PETA dangerous. However I imagine US Airways did the correct thing. What would happen if they accepted it and then the NRA came and wanted to paint a plane, Move-On.org or any other quasi-political or otherwise fractionalizing organization?