US Airways Reports $117.6 Million Loss in November

gilbertguy

Senior
Aug 29, 2002
[BLOCKQUOTE]$36.6 million in other expenses.....is greasing palms that expensive now![/BLOCKQUOTE]

Mod,.,I see lots of posts copied and pasted word for word out of news articles, CHIP does this daily with and without links..For my own info, plz explain what's the diff?......if I had left out any reference to the source(WSJ), is that considered acceptable??
I am a tad confused on the inconsistency factor..thanks!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/6/2003 4:41:07 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:
[P]Mod,.,I see lots of posts copied and pasted word for word out of news articles, CHIP does this daily with and without links..For my own info, plz explain what's the diff?......if I had left out any reference to the source(WSJ), is that considered acceptable??[BR]I am a tad confused on the inconsistency factor..thanks![/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Here is a recent post from another board contributor:[BR][BR]"[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'"][FONT size=3]Complete Story:[?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /][o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][BR]
[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 13.5pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-size: 9.5pt"][A target=_blank href="http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030102/1426000324_1.html"][SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"][FONT color=#336699 size=3]http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030102/1426000324_1.html[/FONT][/SPAN][/A]"[BR][o:p][BR][FONT face=Tahoma]Note that is say "complete story" and has a link. If we know of a link and can find the link, we will cut the text and will post the link to the story.[/FONT][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]

Dow Jones Business News[BR]US Airways Reports $117.6 Million Loss in November[BR]Monday January 6, 4:40 pm ET [BR][BR][BR][A href=http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030106/1640000496_1.html][SMALL][FONT size=2]US Airways Reports $117.6 Million Loss in November[/FONT][/SMALL][/A][BR][BR]<moderator's note: There is a reason why posts are clipped to only the URL - copyright.>

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/6/2003 4:43:30 PM BillLumbergh wrote:

If we know of a link and can find the link, we will cut the text and will post the link to the story.[/FONT][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

I completely understand the legality, ease and functionality of doing this, but I still must respectfully ask "how do CHIP and others,successfully post many many times daily airline news articles with entire text, as I did?" See any one of his daily airline news topics for a given DAY MONTH YEAR and you will see entire articles with the source in parentheses posted under his topic.The links are not hard to find for these posts are they?
Sorry to be so anally inquisitve but thus far I have not received a satisfactory explanation. I actually would prefer a BECAUSE I SAY SO to the lack of clarification.LOL.
Please share the difference with me and I will clam up,as I have never posted an article here until today..THANKS AGAIN!

Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. As Bill has pointed out, that is the proper way to post a link. It is impossible to enforce these rules on a constant basis with the large number of postings each day. Sometimes we do miss these postings that violate our policy.

In the future, if there are any questions, please direct those issues to the moderators via the email option. If you ask a question within a thread, there is a chance that one of the moderators will not read it, especially if the thread isn't active. Remember, sometimes we can't view every single post per the registration rules. You can also use the PM-private message function to contact a moderator.

Thanks!

This is not good!! We burned through another 80 million dollars in November.During the open bidding process other parties looked but nobody bid against Dr. Bronner for the equity stake in U.To be the lone bidder and results like these are not encouraging.I hope RSA isn't looking for a way out and I hope the employees don't give them one with negative votes Friday.We can demonize this man but he is the only investor who believes in this company enough to put some of the money he manages into it!