Us Airways Reports April Traffic

for about every ten or eleven planes out the window costs maintenance one track of mechanics......keep it in mind.
say some seventy five per track give or take??(25 x 3 shifts)

Ok... I am getting tired of hearing USA320Pilot state as fact that Republic will get the ERJ-170/190 flying... example:

It's my understanding that both US Airways & America West will lose older, less efficient aircraft and Republic could fill some of the void with 50 EMB-170/190s of which at least 28 will be EMB-170s.

So, from the Republic Airways Holdings Announces Court Approval of Omnibus Agreement with US Airways, points 2, 3, and 5:

Prior to the effective date of US Airways' plan of reorganization, but no later than December 31, 2005, US Airways may exercise its option to obtain approximately $110 million through the sale and financing of certain assets including ten EMB-170 aircraft currently owned by US Airways and three EMB-170 aircraft currently committed for delivery to US Airways, other EMB-170 related assets and a sale/leaseback financing of 113 commuter slots at Washington Reagan National Airport and 24 commuter slots at New York LaGuardia Airport. In addition US Airways will assign to Republic the leases for an additional 15 EMB-170 aircraft. Republic would enter into a regional jet service agreement that would continue the operation of the EMB-170 aircraft as US Airways Express.

A conditional commitment from Republic Airways Holdings and/or Wexford Capital LLC to invest $125 million in new equity upon US Airways' emergence from Chapter 11. The proposed $125 million equity investment is subject to a number of conditions, including US Airways securing at least $350 million in new cash investment (including the $125 million from Republic/Wexford and the $125 million previously secured from Eastshore Aviation, LLC) and Republic's right to approve US Airways' business plan.

In the event that US Airways draws down the equity commitment, Republic, at the request of US Airways, may purchase, finance and operate as US Airways Express an additional 22 Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft.

I believe US Airways has drawn $75mil of DIP financing, which is not exit financing in point 3, and is not an asset sale as in point 2. Thus, I believe that US Airways at this point has no obligation to transfer the ERJ-170/190 flying to Republic (yet).

Am I missing something?

funguy2 said:
Am I missing something?
[post="266641"][/post]​

Well, just that the $75 + $25 million draws were from AirWis, not Republic. Republics $125 million in equity financing doesn't happen till we exit BK, if then.

But in the end you're right - US is under no obligation at this point to transfer any Emb-170's or slots to Republic. Until both happen, US won't get either the $110 million for the assets or the $125 million equity investment (the investment subject to a waiver of the asset sales by Republic).

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
But in the end you're right - US is under no obligation at this point to transfer any Emb-170's or slots to Republic.  Until both happen, US won't get either the $110 million for the assets or the $125 million equity investment (the investment subject to a waiver of the asset sales by Republic).

That is what I thought...

And it occurs to me that the EMB-170/190 (sorry about the ERJ habit) and the much more so the slots at DCA/LGA are probably very high on the reasons why HP would want to be involved. In other words, if U doesn't own the slots EMB-170/190 order, maybe HP backs away from the deal... Thus, I would expect there to be some urgency to get this done before US Airways needs to tap the $110mil asset sale agreement.

Anyways, the way USA320Pilot posts items similar to "facts", its hard to keep track. I have seen many posts where there is an assumption that Republic gets the EMB-170/190's and then this, that, and the other... Problem is, if this, that, and the other are based on the Republic EMB-170/190 deal... well, that hasn't happened yet, and it may not.

I'm not sure whether HP would be that interested in the slots since they're all for RJ's - unless those 134 (for both airports) represent about all the "commuter" slots we have at those airports. I've no idea how many we've got, but assume that's not all.

funguy2 said:
(sorry about the ERJ habit)
[post="266670"][/post]​

Hey, no problem with me. I try to separate it from the other Embraer RJ's for Rico's benefit :D and because it's really a different plane than the -145's. I guess someday someone will have to invent a different name for these larger "express" planes.

Jim

ClueByFour said:
That would be BSJ--Busted Scope Jet.

Better yet--SRJ. Scope Retired Jet.
[post="266695"][/post]​

Or MRJ - Mainline Replacement Jet

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
I guess someday someone will have to invent a different name for these larger "express" planes.

Jim
[post="266676"][/post]​

How about Fokker 100s? :eek: :down:

Bring back the F-100s. As good as the E 170s, except they hold more people.

One pile of sh!t is as good as another.

hharotz said:
How about Fokker 100s? :eek: :down:
[post="266705"][/post]​

Heck, with Bombardier officially developing a 110-130 seat "RJ", it won't be that long before we can call them either ARJ's or BRJ's - Airbus or Boeing Replacement Jets.

Jim