Us Airways Says Repair Jobs Can Be Saved

He was a director at Stores, never a VP. And from the AGCs he was alot better to deal with then his predecessor. (in regard to the line, not talking about base.)

He may have been better to deal with, but what did the dealings bring......nothing.
He was just trying to be the nice guy who would listen and talk nice because he was put in an area he had little knowledge about. No withstanding the argument that you do not have to know everything about the industry to be a VP, he knew did know financial isues. This could be easily recognized if you ever had a one-on-one with him like I did. I posed very direct questions to him and he tried, what I picked out to be, a very indirect wanna-be political response.

I ask anyone on these boards to give an example of something positive he did for the dept.

The only thig he gets praise for, is telling the truth about how he felt. From what I understand he tried to go head to head with people above him telling him they can't farm out the AB work. Once again, while earnest, you have to know how and when to pick your fights. Another lesson he learned while here.

None-the-less, he still found another job and a VP at it. Supports my argument that you will not find the top dogs on the unemployment line when you "shut it down" because "the concession stand is closed" and we want "full pay to the last day"

For line maintenance he told the duty managers to stop sending AOG parts for broke airplanes without sending US Airways Mechanics to fix the plane as the contract said. Issued a memo to them and took action when one of the DMs violated it.

Was helpful with Rakesh getting the Line Hangar built in CLT.

Established the Fuel Tank Crew in CLT.

Back