Is There Any Plan B Except Bk?

Outsider

Jun 14, 2004
"We're not negotiating any contract changes with US Airways, period,'' Joe Tiberi, a spokesman for the International Association of Machinists, said yesterday. He said the union would be willing to discuss ways the company could save money through improved efficiencies.

Outsider said:
"We're not negotiating any contract changes with US Airways, period,'' Joe Tiberi, a spokesman for the International Association of Machinists, said yesterday. He said the union would be willing to discuss ways the company could save money through improved efficiencies.
Sorry no plan "B" and BK is really plan "A"

P.s. There already is a topic with the IAM comments

Out sourcing of heavy maintenance which leads to heavy layoff is an alternative.

Outsider,

They have to do what they have to do.

-Voting 'no' and voting often.

Outsider said:
Out sourcing of heavy maintenance which leads to heavy layoff is an alternative.
Outsider

I did read your post no need to PM a copy of it to me.

I thought it was funny kinda stir the pot type post so no need to reply.

Hope I didn't disappoint you by not flaming on ya.

Pitguy,

Is it not the responsibility of unions to try keeping as much jobs as possible? Following the news for a while, it is a question: why is it that level of mistrust between IAM and the management is so high that despite other groups they do not even want to listen to problem? It seems that they are stranger.

Regardless of whether I agree with their stance, the IAM does not want to listen as either way they are losing jobs. They can listen, negotiate and ratify a new agreement that will almost surely result in outsourcing heavy maintenance. Or, they can do nothing and let a bankruptcy judge do the same thing. Why waste the time, resources and emotional energy in negotiating a new agreement when the company will ultimately get what it wants anyway.

Outsider said:
Pitguy,

Is it not the responsibility of unions to try keeping as much jobs as possible? Following the news for a while, it is a question: why is it that level of mistrust between IAM and the management is so high that despite other groups they do not even want to listen to problem? It seems that they are stranger.
Outsider need you even ask?

With the magnitude of what management did with the outsourcing of Airbus aircraft how can there be any trust?

If management can't abide by the contract then how can you have any trust?

They want trust? The need to admit they were wrong, that it was siegels idea and get the Airbus in-house. Then and only then should the IAM even sit down and listen to the company.

USFlyer said:
Regardless of whether I agree with their stance, the IAM does not want to listen as either way they are losing jobs. They can listen, negotiate and ratify a new agreement that will almost surely result in outsourcing heavy maintenance. Or, they can do nothing and let a bankruptcy judge do the same thing. Why waste the time, resources and emotional energy in negotiating a new agreement when the company will ultimately get what it wants anyway.
USFlyer

Anything is possible but I don't see how the IAM membership would ratify a new agreement that outsourced Airbus heavy maintenance.

As far as a bankruptcy judge how do you know for a fact what he/she would do?

Do you have a source or any case law or are you using your crystal ball?

Well, first, the Company probably wouldn't agree to anything that did not include outsourcing heavy maintenance. Second, the judge will not dictate the terms of the contract; all he can do is throw the existing one out if the Company meets certain criteria. You can be damn well certain the Company will have met those criteria if they choose to reenter Chapter 11. A legal type (ITRADE?) can better explain what the judge's options are should the Company & IAM get to this point.

usairways_vote_NO said:
USFlyer

Anything is possible but I don't see how the IAM membership would ratify a new agreement that outsourced Airbus heavy maintenance.

As far as a bankruptcy judge how do you know for a fact what he/she would do?

Do you have a source or any case law or are you using your crystal ball?
Because the judge works for the creditors dofus....

He will let the company have as much leeway as necessary to reemerge and become a viable option for the SHAREHOLDER and CREDITOR......

Did you see the word worker in the previous statement,...I didnt think so...

You on the other hand have the right to a job action, strike if you will....

That is a line I would relish crossing....Have a nice day!!

USFlyer said:
Well, first, the Company probably wouldn't agree to anything that did not include outsourcing heavy maintenance. Second, the judge will not dictate the terms of the contract; all he can do is throw the existing one out if the Company meets certain criteria. You can be damn well certain the Company will have met those criteria if they choose to reenter Chapter 11. A legal type (ITRADE?) can better explain what the judge's options are should the Company & IAM get to this point.
Well, first, the membership probably wouldn't agree to anything that included outsourcing heavy maintenance.

Second, I agree all he can do is throw it out in which case IAM can seek selfhelp. I know full well the process involved. The company must meet these 9 requirements

1. The debtor in possession must have made a proposal to the union.
2. The proposal must be based upon the most complete and reliable information available at the time of the proposal.
3. The modification must be necessary to permit reorganization.
4. The modification must provide that all affected parties be treated fairly and equitably.
5. The debtor must provide the union with such relevant information as is necessary to evaluate the proposal.
6. The debtor must have met with the collective bargaining representative at the reasonable times subsequent to making the proposal.
7. The debtor must have negotiated with the union concerning the proposal in good faith.
8. The union must have refused to accept the proposal with good cause.
9. The balance of the equities must clearly favor rejection of the agreement.

bigbusdrvr said:
Because the judge works for the creditors dofus....

He will let the company have as much leeway as necessary to reemerge and become a viable option for the SHAREHOLDER and CREDITOR......

Did you see the word worker in the previous statement,...I didnt think so...

You on the other hand have the right to a job action, strike if you will....

That is a line I would relish crossing....Have a nice day!!
I do not care if he works for Lakefields granny he has to follow the code as noted in previous post.

From your handle I take it you are a pilot and I am sure you already relished crossing the line at least once before.

I rather be called a dufus anytime over a scab but I will not resort to name calling.

touche

bigbusdrvr,

I bet you loved 1992. Well guess what it is coming to haunt you back. You are the weakest link. Goodbye!

Outsider,

I see you are new to the board. At least it appears that way. Please go back and read the older threads. Mechanics don't care anymore and will fare better than most. They are the paid poorly already for a crummy job and welcome the end of U. You may not understand this, but it is how it is.

Back