Us Airways Says See Ya To Credit Union Employees

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Service Changes

As part of US Airways' examination of all aspects of its operation to reduce costs, the company has reluctantly informed the US Airways Federal Credit Union and Piedmont Aviation Credit Union that it will no longer be able to provide their employees with such services as payroll administration, travel privileges and medical benefits. While the effective date for the changes has yet to be determined, the company will work with the Credit Unions' management teams to ensure a smooth transition to their own payroll systems and medical coverage. This decision has no impact on US Airways employees' financial relationships with the Credit Unions.

Im surprised this didn't happen long ago. My understanding from our Hospital credit union(s) is that regulations require there be completely separate differentiation between our hospital and our credit union - about the only thing we give them is some limited PC tech support - they can't even be a part of our hospital LAN or WAN, much less any other benefits like medical, etc.

Wow! I always thought they were lucky in a sense to be able to fly non-rev, but yet only work 'banker's hours' (no pun intended)
Best of luck to them!

Just not right to give it all to them then just pull it out from under them. Some have been there longer than dirt. It is part of their lives.

Just not right!

Doc said:
Just not right to give it all to them then just pull it out from under them. Some have been there longer than dirt. It is part of their lives.

Just not right!
Your logic escapes me. Why should they be treated any different that actual employees? The beatings continue here unabated. Why should credit union employees not take their lickings, too?

Hopefully the USAirways logo will disappear from all items associated with the credit union from checks to calenders. Why give the company the "free" advertising? They should have at least let the employees keep the flight benefits!!!! The cost was minimal!!

Now that the Credit Union members have taken the hit management can turn their focus to the 700+ people/suckers on the free fly list and eliminate them. Former CEO's, other airline CEO's, officers, family members, parents, etc. They're the very people that can afford to pay for a ticket and they're given seats for free and in some cases bumping full paying pax out of First Class to accomodate their bloated egos. Time for that list to go away and if Lakefield wanted to score some points from the employees perspective he'd do just that and he'd do it right now!

Light Years said:
I believe she's a substitute teacher living in Arlen, TX with her husband. ;) :D
I love Hank and Peggy Edited. I'll have you know, though, that their neighbors recently had an unpleasant experience with alleged reverse discrimination at my alma mater. In fact, just last night.

For the sake of arguement, let's accept the company's conention on medical insurance and payrolll costs for company for CU staff. But how do NRSA travel priviliges for the CU staff contribute in any significant way?

MrAeroMan said:
Now that the Credit Union members have taken the hit management can turn their focus to the 700+ people/suckers on the free fly list and eliminate them. Former CEO's, other airline CEO's, officers, family members, parents, etc. They're the very people that can afford to pay for a ticket and they're given seats for free and in some cases bumping full paying pax out of First Class to accomodate their bloated egos. Time for that list to go away and if Lakefield wanted to score some points from the employees perspective he'd do just that and he'd do it right now!
As Don't Call Me Shirley alluded to, the cost cuts aren't in getting rid of the travel priveleges b/c NRSA seats obviously aren't displacing any revenue. The real cuts are in the benefits which are becoming exuberantly expensive thanks to rising medical insurance rates.

And (Not) Shirley...I think that the main reason that travel benes were also cut was to make a clean cut. Why grandfather NRSA benefits when everything else is cut? Make it clean and eliminate any ties...

MrAeroMan said:
MrAreoMan, lakefield could'nt eliminate the "good ole boy" list he would be barring himself from future perks once he takes his golden parachute plunge. come on man, what are you thinking? :unsure:

Back