US Airways seen buying American

US / United should have been a done deal. Who in the hell would have thought the Government would muck it up. Cost United employees a trip to BK and their pensions.

Wow , that's pretty harsh of you to compare someone to David Koresh. To CM defense , the UAL deal was very close to a done deal. I see no problem with him posting the articles that he does. Why don't you guys just Fn chill with the insults to this man. He doesn't co e on here and insult anyone . But yet most of you seem it's ok to insult a guy who is just posting info for oters to read . If you don't like what he post then press ignore .
Yep you're right. It is downright unfair to David Koresh.

There will be no hostile takeover. If there is a Merger Parker will be invited in by the creditors and AA's current management.

I have no doubt Doug Parker will come out swinging. He has to. His legacy is at stake.

And is his ego....As I have stated before, any merger will be ego driven at the expense of all employees affected...Now DP may be a financial guru, I do not think he has the smarts to run a global carrier unless he gets out of that regional mindset..

I wish US would just switch to oneworld. They could get a lot of benefits without the merger mess. I seem to be in the minority, but I think if US ever gets their current merger completely finished with all joint contracts, switches to oneworld, and keeps building DCA,CLT,and PHL, they could be the great airline they once were. They need to focus on their strengths and keep upgrading their product. I remember flying USAir in the early 90's and they had great service, including meals on many short flights. I think trying to be lowcost and full service is too hard. They should go back to being full service and dominate the East the way they once did. Corporate contracts could bring in a lot of money. If they focused on the East and partnered with AA out west, they would be in great shape. I think there is enough business to go around and all could be successful (AA/US, UA/CO, DL/NW). I'd like to see everybody "win", not just the people on the top. But, what do I know...

I wish US would just switch to oneworld.

I am happy that US is a member of Star Alliance. From my perspective as a passenger, I like my choices of flying primarily on US, but having the option of choosing UA for some of my flights. I don't see what benefit US passengers in the Seattle area would gain by having US in Oneworld.

I am happy that US is a member of Star Alliance. From my perspective as a passenger, I like my choices of flying primarily on US, but having the option of choosing UA for some of my flights. I don't see what benefit US passengers in the Seattle area would gain by having US in Oneworld.

The benefit is that if US wants to tie up with AA, then switching to oneworld allows them to do so without merging. If they also cooperate with AS, as AA does, then you could fly US,AA, or AS and earn miles. That offers many more options in SEA than does UA. Obviously any change is going to effect certain pax, but I'm sorry to tell you-US is going to do what's best for the company to compete and grow, regardless of what a passenger living in SEA (or DTW or OKC or XXX) wants.

The benefit is that if US wants to tie up with AA, then switching to oneworld allows them to do so without merging. If they also cooperate with AS, as AA does, then you could fly US,AA, or AS and earn miles. That offers many more options in SEA than does UA. Obviously any change is going to effect certain pax, but I'm sorry to tell you-US is going to do what's best for the company to compete and grow, regardless of what a passenger living in SEA (or DTW or OKC or XXX) wants.
I think DP is an advocate of the Star Alliance..... He has said that many, many times.

I think DP is an advocate of the Star Alliance..... He has said that many, many times.

I'm sure he is-because US is IN the *A. If US & AA merge, then he would probably advocate for oneworld because they would be in oneworld (I'm assuming that should a merger happen, AA would stay in their current alliance and not switch to *A). All I was saying, is that if US really wants to merge with AA, then why not try oneworld and avoid the messiness of a merger? If they see a benefit in merging, why wouldn't there be some benefit in closely cooperating with AA?

I remember flying USAir in the early 90's and they had great service, including meals on many short flights. I think trying to be lowcost and full service is too hard. They should go back to being full service and dominate the East the way they once did. Corporate contracts could bring in a lot of money. If they focused on the East and partnered with AA out west, they would be in great shape. I think there is enough business to go around and all could be successful (AA/US, UA/CO, DL/NW). I'd like to see everybody "win", not just the people on the top. But, what do I know...
The company lost a lot of money running the airline you want to bring back and they have made a lot of money running the type of airline you see today.

The company lost a lot of money running the airline you want to bring back and they have made a lot of money running the type of airline you see today.

We would all like to see the airlines deliver a great product like they used to when ticket prices were regulated and the only competition was via service and perks. The closest you get to that level of service now is probably NetJets :lol:.

Well, truth be told US still hasn't made "a lot of money running the airline you see today." In fact, on average US has lost over $200 million/year since the merger through the last complete year available - 2010. The analyst's are predicting a small profit this year, but not nearly enough to reverse the average.

Jim

Well, truth be told US still hasn't made "a lot of money running the airline you see today." In fact, on average US has lost over $200 million/year since the merger through the last complete year available - 2010. The analyst's are predicting a small profit this year, but not nearly enough to reverse the average.

Jim
Sorry I was thinking specifically about a couple years ago when the profit was a record (IIRC) for the company.

Latest posts

Back