Us Airways Strategic Analysis

cltbay1homie said:
700..how many holidays does a person need in one year along with their vacation and sick time? <_<
[post="267646"][/post]​

Our contract is so bad now even ex iam contract negotiators from the nineties are jumping ship into management in clt. 10 holidays a year and a 1% paycut with full vacation. Not a bad deal, and all that placid harbor training put to good use.

DR.EVIL said:
Our contract is so bad now even ex iam contract negotiators from the nineties are jumping ship into management in clt. 10 holidays a year and a 1% paycut with full vacation. Not a bad deal, and all that placid harbor training put to good use.
[post="267647"][/post]​

now Evil..I have to to offer a rebutil on this one...It had nothing to do with the IAM/US Airways sleeping arrangement I was told by a manager just yesterday, that a breathing and a handshake will get you a formans job. He also said that a pretty mouth would also help..Damm the luck...I only got six teeth left up front.

You people, particularly Mr. 320 need to get LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!! Who gives a sh*t about an airline really that treats you like crap! I mean really people, get a GRIP!

Yes, grass is REALLY greener outside of US Airways!

SalesGuyCCY said:
You people, particularly Mr. 320 need to get LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!! Who gives a sh*t about an airline really that treats you like crap!  I mean really people, get a GRIP!

Yes, grass is REALLY greener outside of US Airways!
[post="267657"][/post]​

I'll tell you who really gives a sh*t..........the 23,000 employees that are still here and still want to be here! We're all happy for you that you found the grass greener on the other side! With an attitude like that, sounds like it was way past your time to go! :down: With the right management, AWA, running this Airline, this company probably has its best chance ever of surviving. And with a management that would respect their employees all of the remaining US employees would feel like they've died and gone to heaven! It's all good, chill out...why are you still subjecting yourself to all this misery? I mean c'mon, you left this crappy company didn't you? :down: Gimme a break!

That's the BIG question: Why do you WANT to be there?!? You must have more sense than that?!!? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatnow? said:
I'll tell you who really gives a sh*t..........the 23,000 employees that are still here and still want to be here! We're all happy for you that you found the grass greener on the other side! With an attitude like that, sounds like it was way past your time to go! :down: With the right management, AWA, running this Airline, this company probably has its best chance ever of surviving. And with a management that would respect their employees all of the remaining US employees would feel like they've died and gone to heaven! It's all good, chill out...why are you still subjecting yourself to all this misery? I mean c'mon, you left this crappy company didn't you? :down: Gimme a break!
[post="267665"][/post]​

Believe it or not, I do want to be here. I have left my job at US for over a year, while I enjoyed the time away from what I thought was terrible, in the end it brought me back to a job that I would not give up unless I have to. I did the whole grass is greener on the other side, and found that it's really ALL the same! My job at US entitles me to more time off and flexibility, better insurance coverage at what I think is STILL a pretty good arangement for the price we pay for it. My neighbors are still envious as to the amount of time that I'm home when they're gone from dawn to dusk! My salary, well it's not what it used to be years ago and I've got to work a couple of days more each month, but in the end it's still pretty damn good for the job I do here. While the enviroment isn't a healthy one right now, I don't dwell on the negative and I sure don't take all of this personally and hope for the best! Yes, it could all end one day, but I'm glad I've had the oppurtunity to do what most people never have! So the answer to your question, YES...I do have more sense than that! ;)

SalesGuyCCY:

If a person wants to work at US Airways what right to you have to criticize their decision? Did anybody criticize your decisions when you were laid off?

I'm glad you moved on and appear to be happier, but there are 23,000 mainline employees, MDA employees, PSA employees, and Piedmont employees who are working at US Airways because they want to.

I believe your posts are in poor taste and what right do you have to say they should "get a life" or have "limited goals" because they care about their company?

Did anybody criticize your decisions when you were laid off from US Airways?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

As (at the time) a US1, I can assure you that it was indeed Bronner and the Chapter 11 filing that caused the booking away. To suggest otherwise is to do nothing more than act as a management shill.

Or, I guess that a CP (who is not CP anymore largely because of that and subsequent management actions), the purchasing department at a Fortune 250 business that does millions of dollars (less) than it used to, and the word of one of the top 5 corporate travel agents in the world know less about why they collectively did not buy tickets than a line pilot with no union or company position.

David Bronner's liquidation comment was designed to be a "Club" over labor's head to get concessions and every negotiator knew it. Following Bronner's comments Bruce Lakefield calmed the liquidation talk.

The bankruptcy filing, labor's resistance to the new contracts, the increased percentage of holiday sick calls, the strike press releases, and labor leader "tough talk" in the press caused the greatest amount of passengers "booking away" from the airline.

According to people in the Marketing and Planning Department, bookings dropped off the cliff when labor publicly resisted participating in the new business plan.

Bronner's comments did hurt passenger confidence, but his words did not even come close to the damage labor did to revenue.

Regards,

USA320pilot

USA320Pilot said:
David Bronner's liquidation comment was designed to be a "Club" over labor's head to get concessions and every negotiator knew it.

Labor negotiators don't buy tickets.

Following Bronner's comments Bruce Lakefield calmed the liquidation talk.

Uhh, no. Bronner's remarks were given far greater coverage than Lakefield's damage control.

According to people in the Marketing and Planning Department, bookings dropped off the cliff when labor publicly resisted participating in the new business plan.

So, according to "management," they were not at fault?

According to several industry sources, used bridge salesmen are drawing up plans to convene on the next LGA LEC meeting.

Bronner's comments did hurt passenger confidence, but his words did not even come close to the damage labor did to revenue.

See my post above as to "passenger confidence."

See also the philly meltdown (directly attributed to management failures after extensive federal investigation). See also the PAWOB numbers since the second BK filing.

Clue:

I find it interesting that your continued comments about US Airways’ demise are not coming true, sort of like Vaughn Cordle’s opinions. By he way, where has Vaughn been lately? You continue to post your inaccurate comments with a readily apparent “ax to grindâ€￾ even when your wrong, again.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
David Bronner's liquidation comment was designed to be a "Club" over labor's head to get concessions and every negotiator knew it.
Ummm ... and the strike press releases and labor leader "tough talk" in the press was designed to be a "Club" over management's head to resist concessions and every negotiator knew that, too.

So both sides engaged in the same tactics, yet it was only labor that caused the booking problems, huh. OK, got it! :up: