Us Airways To Add U.s. Agents

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways will hire 30 new reservation agents in Winston-Salem to serve its most frequent fliers, the company said Wednesday.

The move comes after complaints from several of the airline's elite passengers about getting more non-native English speakers on the phone. US Airways had been using more reservation agents offshore, in such places as El Salvador and the Philippines, as it was cutting costs. The airline it merged with, America West, had only domestic reservations centers in Reno and Tempe, Ariz.The company plans to begin training the 30 agents by Nov. 7. They will work with Silver, Gold and Chairman's Preferred Dividend Miles members.

heyray said:
HIRE??????

What about recall?
[post="311709"][/post]​
How many REZ personnel are on furlough? Maybe the paper has it wrong and they are recalling 30, or the company just did not make it clear what exactly the hiring is.

The media can be very stupid even when you spoon feed it.

Dog Wonder said:
u wan to go where?

we no fly there

no you are wrong

how is my anglish?
[post="311940"][/post]​

Don't forget the often used

Just go to the airport, they take care of it there. No problems.

There are no furloughed Res Agents, they were all recalled or forfeited their rights of recall. The EO was very clear, they were not furloughed that is why they are hiring not recalling.

This is a scream....... Not one person from the Revenue Accounting building that is closing in the future would come. Now there is a sign stuck out in front of the Reservations Center so hopefully some fool driving by will apply. Remember, it will be less than $9.00 per hour, working weekends and holidays forever and forget about ever seeing a first shift. Come one, come all........... Hurry, there are only 30 slots available.....

30 agents? Haven't 300 plus taken the early out in Winston, or are some still waiting to leave?
This hiring is just fluff meant to appease some CHP members who are complaining. 30 agents spread over a 24/7 operation is only going to put a few extra reps on the phones at any given time. How are the phone lines anyway, are there alot of calls on hold?

I'm not elite(anymore) and it drives me nuts getting incompetent agents who also happen to be outsourced, on TOP of the language barrier. I'm sure they're nice people and mean well, but they just aren't cutting it.

See my recent post at flyertalk, then see all the responses echoing similar experiences. We all knew that it was a customer service mistake to outsource the calls to the lowest bidder. Adding 30 agents is a step in the right direction.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474928

reznc said:
There are no furloughed Res Agents, they were all recalled or forfeited their rights of recall. The EO was very clear, they were not furloughed that is why they are hiring not recalling.
[post="311963"][/post]​

Thank you reznc, I mistakenly thought we had res agents on furlough, but several people have advised me otherwise

reznc said:
[post="311963"][/post]​

Doe's this include the Pit agents who took the furlough? Did they all get a call back to see if they want to come to INT?

PHL said:
I'm not elite(anymore) and it drives me nuts getting incompetent agents who also happen to be outsourced, on TOP of the language barrier. I'm sure they're nice people and mean well, but they just aren't cutting it.

See my recent post at flyertalk, then see all the responses echoing similar experiences. We all knew that it was a customer service mistake to outsource the calls to the lowest bidder. Adding 30 agents is a step in the right direction.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474928
[post="312034"][/post]​

Oh Oh, I just realized that I called the Silver line out of habit, even though I'm no longer Any Preferred. He didn't ask. Of course, they got more $$ out of me in short order.

30 agents? Haven't 300 plus taken the early out in Winston, or are some still waiting to leave?
This hiring is just fluff meant to appease some CHP members who are complaining. 30 agents spread over a 24/7 operation is only going to put a few extra reps on the phones at any given time. How are the phone lines anyway, are there alot of calls on hold?

This just in from "About US" formerly known as "Plane Deal" a former AWA publication, now US Airways publication:

This just in: US Airways’ Reservations Center in Winston/Salem will
soon welcome 30 new agents, who will specifically focus on supporting
the airline’s Dividend Miles Preferred customers. Training is set to
begin on November 7, readying the agents to provide the highest level
of customer service to these valuable customers.
The 30 agents, which represent the first group hiring since the merger’s
official close date, will join a team of nearly 500 current Dividend
Miles-dedicated agents in Winston/Salem.

This just in from "About US" formerly known as "Plane Deal" a former AWA publication, now US Airways publication:

This just in: US Airways’ Reservations Center in Winston/Salem will
soon welcome 30 new agents, who will specifically focus on supporting
the airline’s Dividend Miles Preferred customers. Training is set to
begin on November 7, readying the agents to provide the highest level
of customer service to these valuable customers.
The 30 agents, which represent the first group hiring since the merger’s
official close date, will join a team of nearly 500 current Dividend
Miles-dedicated agents in Winston/Salem.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to send it offshore?
Is the company finally starting to realize you need career talented USA agents in reservations.