US Airways to improve Web site for travelers

The statements made are ludicrous. They are playing catch up. The OLD US website was about 10 years ahead of what they have today.

Here's what we want. A WEB SITE THAT WORKS. Is that too much to ask for? And we have to wait until NEXT year? There may not be any customers left by then if things keep going the way they are.

AA, DL, CO, and to a lesser extent UA all have working web sites that are fast and easy. The difference is not that they had a 10 year jump, THEY SPENT THE MONEY to develop working sites.

I won't even get into WN, B6 or VX web sites..........

The statements made are ludicrous. They are playing catch up. The OLD US website was about 10 years ahead of what they have today.

Here's what we want. A WEB SITE THAT WORKS. Is that too much to ask for? And we have to wait until NEXT year? There may not be any customers left by then if things keep going the way they are.

AA, DL, CO, and to a lesser extent UA all have working web sites that are fast and easy. The difference is not that they had a 10 year jump, THEY SPENT THE MONEY to develop working sites.

I won't even get into WN, B6 or VX web sites..........

I'm surprised with all of your connections in PHX that you are not part of the testing, are you?

What are you talking about? Your comment makes no sense and is erroneous.

It's called "Reading Comprehension" and is taught in most elementary schools -- sign up for a class and learn it before you post more drivel.

Heres's the translation... The operation is America West with the US Airways name slapped on, the US Airways culture is gone. Furthermore the sytnax of your sentence is erroneous.. the term is incongruous. Let's be considerate and tolerant of ones viewpoint.

Here is a big one. When are we going to be able to book code share flights again? With the old US site we could do so. Yea, that website had many bugs but you sure could do a lot more with it.

Also the search by price function it would be nice to have that back. Searching in a 7 day window stinks.

I'm surprised with all of your connections in PHX that you are not part of the testing, are you?

We have been very critical of the team in Tempe, so they won't talk to us any more. The customer REALLY is the enemy to them.

It would make perfect sense to have frequent customers who know what they're doing test the new site, but since when has Tempe done anything which makes sense?

This team is in over their heads. They did a decent job with HP because it was a regional airline with a defined focus. This combined company has no focus--it doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up, and is losing premium revenue every day. It will take a while to show in the numbers, but elites are leaving in droves--regardless of what the spinmeisters are saying.

That said, is it too much to ask for a web site that just works?

We have been very critical of the team in Tempe, so they won't talk to us any more. The customer REALLY is the enemy to them.

Art,

Are you saying that Tempe no longer has an official dialogue with FFOCUS and no longer recognizes FFOCUS as an advocacy group? Do you folks continue to have a liason with Tempe or do you mean that FFOCUS is out in the cold in Tempe's eye?

regards,

Barry

Barry,

Officially we were never "recognized" but they did listen to us. They are apparently following in CCY's footsteps in that when they don't like what they have to say they stop talking to us.

That's fine with me because it just strengthens our resolve and will increase the pressure for change.

Back to the topic at hand..........

Heard from the western res center that US is now mirroring the FTP'S to United's system. Just a little hint of what is about to come down.
How is UA with the customer these days?

That said, is it too much to ask for a web site that just works?

And could someone pass this onto Little Joe on the IT Bonanza... when are we going to be able to change the email address in our DM account online? I was booking an award ticket for my wife in her account this morning when I noticed her old email address was still in the system. I "attempted" to fix it and it would not change.

This is a fundamentally necessary customer transaction, yet it's been an outstanding bug since a year ago May. On any other website where one has to use an email address for communication, this is something that HAS to work from day one.

Oh, and so does processing credit cards in order to complete a reservation, but that's another story. :shock:

Heard from the western res center that US is now mirroring the FTP'S to United's system. Just a little hint of what is about to come down.
How is UA with the customer these days?

Unless they've improved drastically in the last year, which I really doubt, UA would be a perfect fit for US. Both of them don't give a hoot about customers when things go wrong.

The last straw was a misconnect in DEN on an award ticket, and they refused to change my return flight to reflect the fact that I never made it to MTJ. I had to buy a walk-up one way ticket on Spirit Airlines to get back home, which, like Southwest, wasn't too much money (around $250).

Even US never screwed me over that badly, although I've stayed away from mainline flights since Tempe took over, so it could be just as bad.