Us Airways To Scrutinize Sales And Marketing Dept.

usfliboi

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
US Airways To Scrutinize Sales And Marketing Dept.

FEBRUARY 03, 2004 -- US Airways vice president of sales and marketing Steve Tracas this week will leave the company after six years, the latest in a string of executive resignations at the nation's seventh-largest airline. According to a spokesperson, Tracas' personal decision provides US Airways an opportunity to carefully examine the sales and marketing department.

"We will take a close look at all the functions in that department and possibly restructure," the spokesperson said.

In the interim, many of Tracas' sales responsibilities, which included corporate sales, will be handled by Douglas Leo, vice president of international. Senior vice president of marketing and planning B. Ben Baldanza continues to oversee marketing activities.

"We are disappointed Steve is leaving," the company spokesperson said. "He made valuable contributions to revenue generation during very tough times. The fact that we have met our revenue plan is a testament to him and the entire salesforce."

Ill admit ! This concerns me . Is this Dave pushing people out or is it these guys see the writing? Chip a320 you heard anything? This could be normal or people who agreed only to stay a short while or a result in cuts as far as incentives?

Ok, I know that the article at the top of this thread was posted earlier on another thread, but this is as good a place as any for this:

The last line says "The fact that we have met our revenue plan is a testament to him and the entire salesforce."

Did anyone else see anything odd in that statement? Am I the only one that remembers that the reason for more concessions was that we WEREN'T meeting revenue projections? What gives here? Could the company spokesman be talking out of both sides of his mouth?

Any thoughts?

Jim

Without taking from the spirit of this article, revenue isnt all something they have control over. The question was, why do you feel these people are bailing. ? Im wondering if in fact they are being pushed or is it they see something bigger?

usfliboi said:
US Airways To Scrutinize Sales And Marketing Dept.

FEBRUARY 03, 2004 -- ....According to a spokesperson, Tracas' personal decision provides US Airways an opportunity to carefully examine the sales and marketing department....
That is, of course, assuming that anyone in CCY can even FIND a marketing and sales department.

Oh there is a marketing department. They spend their time making excuses on how they can't rationalize the fare structure, and coming up with ideas on how to treat their best customers like management is trying to treat the fine employees at U.

I am inclined to believe that they just don't get it......

At least they didn't give the sales responsibility to BBB.

And when the music stops that's what you'll be..........

My best to you all.

You know I heard somewhere that B. Ben wants to match the most successful airline's pricing structure. Hmmmm. Also heard that he doesn't want to put it in play until more concessions. Basically, every cut coming out of the employees pockets is going to underwrite lower fares to go up against you know who. The plot thickens...