Us Airways Travel Policy Now More Flexible

It's kinda funny that the press release was at 12:01 a.m. This sounds a little crazy but I wonder if this has anything to do with Hurricane Isabel's impact on the East Coast. I'm thinking that management could've possibly decided to do this because in the event that Isabel makes an impact on Charlotte and the trouble of waiving the fee on all the flights through Charlotte.

Jon -

USAirways has a flexible travel policy for circumstances like Hurricanes. In fact the policy has been enacted for BDA due to Fabian and many of the islands in the Caribbean for Isabel. As the forecasted track of Isabel is narrowed, the flexible travel policy will be implimented for stations in the effected areas. Monitor USAirways.com for updated information.

I believe the new policy was implimented to remain competitive.

A year late and millions of dollars short... :rolleyes:

Being out of the computer enhancements loop for awhile, how are res agents to monitor if indeed the customer canceled by midnight of the date of travel? Aren't Passenger name records purged 2 days after last date of intended flight, usually the return??( which would be important if the customer calls back beaucoup months later to use the ticket) Or have they changed this programming to keep records visible in the system longer??