US business parter UA plans to return to basics, Business blueprint presented to creditors

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
On 6/29/2003 7:16:05 PM 737nCH11 wrote:

Chip,

Do you want UAL to liquidate? If so then come right out and say it. If not, then give them a break! We all know that they have some big hurdles to overcome, and I'm sure that Busdrvr and 767Jetz will admit that to you. The point that you seem to overlook is that they are making substantial progress.

It amazes me that you continue to skim over U's problems (and they are many) while focusing solely on UAL. Maybe this will drive the point home: The other day I was in Denver talking with a group of people from various airlines. They didn't know what company I worked for. The question came up as to which airline, if any, would be history two years from now. The answer: a unanimous USAirways! If that doesn't grab your attention then nothing will. Wake up and smell the coffee Hester!

----------------​

737inCh11,

I'll say it.... As I said way back when UAL first went into BK...UAL will SOAR to the TOP. Just watch. This was all about killing labor, and getting out of contracts from unions, vendors and lease holders.

It was the greatest "PLAN" of legal extortion in Labor/mangement history.

With all due respect, I find it interesting UA employees visit the US message board and only post when I start a thread about US' trunk airline business partner. Moreover, why are the UA posters trying to sell me or message board lurkers that UA's fundamental's will meet the stringent bankruptcy financing requirements?

After all, I'm just a US employee...right?

If UA is a slam dunk to meet its financial targets and emerge, why would the UA employees feel the need to dispute my thoughts?
Best regards,
Chip

----------------
On 6/30/2003 1:26:28 AM Chip Munn wrote:

If UA is a slam dunk to meet its financial targets and emerge, why would the UA employees feel the need to dispute my thoughts?

----------------

It has to do with the way you present your thoughts.

Every item you post is highlighted and underscored to make the UAL situation seem bleak unless U (Two months removed from bankruptcy itself) swoops in and ''Relieves'' UAL of the ''Burden'' of ORD,DEN,LAX and SFO.

Why are you so suprised UAL employees post on your threads regarding their employer?

If you were pontificating about AA or any other airline in a similar fashion you can rest assured there would be employees of said airline chiming in on these threads.

As airline employees we all take a great deal of pride in who we work for and when an outsider endlessly fixates on the demise or bleak situation facing ones employer it stands to reason that people will get upset.

What if the UAL people started a thread that unfairly painted U in an unfavorable light? Chip, you couldn''t stay away from it for five minutes.

----------------
On 6/30/2003 10:04:58 AM TheLarkAscending wrote:

----------------
On 6/30/2003 1:26:28 AM Chip Munn wrote:

........ I''m just a US employee......
---------------

At last, we''ve found something upon which we can finally agree.

----------------​

I''ll second that opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts