US FAs push back against TSA pat downs

I don't know if this story is on line, but last night on the local news at 11P WBTV did a story that made me sick inside & out. It was on a US f/a who is a breast cancer survivor being forced by CLT TSA to remove her prosthetic breast.

All of us together have to stop this TSA abuse & sexual assaults at the nations airports. Wed. 24 Nov is National Opt Out Day. Even though every day should be opt out day. We is the official day. I can tell you Pissy & Nappy are VERY worried. They've put them selves in a big hole.

www.optoutday.com

www.wewontfly.com

I don't know if this story is on line, but last night on the local news at 11P WBTV did a story that made me sick inside & out. It was on a US f/a who is a breast cancer survivor being forced by CLT TSA to remove her prosthetic breast.

All of us together have to stop this TSA abuse & sexual assaults at the nations airports. Wed. 24 Nov is National Opt Out Day. Even though every day should be opt out day. We is the official day. I can tell you Pissy & Nappy are VERY worried. They've put them selves in a big hole.

www.optoutday.com

www.wewontfly.com

Oh, no.....that's uncalled for. I wonder if that's the same f/a who was so upset by the "pat down" she had to get off the trip.

Lord, we have become our own worse enemy.

Oh, no.....that's uncalled for. I wonder if that's the same f/a who was so upset by the "pat down" she had to get off the trip.

Lord, we have become our own worse enemy.
No it was NOT the same person. The F/A you question for being removed is a class act. So is this gal, but I know the one that got removed 2 weeks back. I was shocked! She is a total "perfect" F/A so these pat down must be something else. To grope a pax is questionable, grope a crew member is unacceptable. Esp when there is a congressional exemption for CREW PASS. ENOUGH. Think folks don't just react.

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/10927931/1/tsa-security-rules-will-change-for-pilots.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

This is excellent news. It looks as if the TSA is using some common sense. I look forward to them extending the same common sense to us flight attendants in the near future.

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/10927931/1/tsa-security-rules-will-change-for-pilots.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

This is excellent news. It looks as if the TSA is using some common sense. I look forward to them extending the same common sense to us flight attendants in the near future.
Don't hold your breath.

I have not yet been subjected to this while on duty. In my experience, we as crews have been able to just get through the normal screening process. Actually last week, while traveling out of uniform (but with my crew tag) They let me go through but everyone around me got to go through the "zapper".

I do my best not to set off alarms so I can avoid the massage. :blink:

I've heard from a TSA employee that this will not exclude crews from the new pat downs, so the abuse noted in the story below can still happen. :(

Is Cathy with US?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLf9hs9bfSA

33 Year Flt Attendant was asked to remove Prosthetic breast (cancer survivor)

Cathy Bossi lives in south Charlotte and has been a flight attendant for the past 32 years, working the past 28 for U.S. Airways.

<>

She says two female Charlotte T.S.A. agents took her to a private room and began what she calls an aggressive pat down. She says they stopped when they got around to feeling her right breast… the one where she'd had surgery. "She put her full hand on my breast and said, 'What is this?'. And I said, 'It's my prosthesis because I've had breast cancer.' And she said, 'Well, you'll need to show me that'."

Cathy was asked to show her prosthetic breast, removing it from her bra. "I did not take the name of the person at the time because it was just so horrific of an experience, I couldn't believe someone had done that to me. I'm a flight attendant. I was just trying to get to work."

Well Debbie and I were with Floyd the other day and I had no idea he like chewing tobacco. He told the TSA rep that he needed a pat down because he had Prince Albert. I'm still not sure why he didn't put it through the X-ray machine.

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry for the misspelling of your sign in name.
It could have been worse, for instance if you'd omitted a letter or a certain letter. ;)

Regarding number 1's examples, how exactly does screening prevent any of the above except smuggling?
I wasn't insinuating that the TSA screening does or would have prevented the examples I stated; my point was that, from the point of view of the TSA, such behavior, however rare, seem to indicate that there would be a net security benefit from requiring some form of flight crew screening.

While you appear to accuse me of having a superiority complex simply by way of the fact that I wear a uniform; may I pose that you certainly appear to have the same regarding us basic folk.
Superiority complex is too severe and personal a term. I was trying to allude to a more generalistic overall mild and pervasive occupational pride that one might well imagine goes with being a flight attendant. I'm thinking our impressionistic wavelengths are not in tune.

I haven't posted on these forums in a long time, but this topic is mouthwatering.

I worked in a small station for 3 years and we worked literally side by side with the TSA. I got to watch exactly how bad they can get. Digging through suspicious bags and removing "dangerous" IPODS, holding off digital cameras for "further inspection" etc. Flipping through photo albums, to pass the idle time by, mocking photo and the like. I actually witnessed with my 20/20 vision, an agent consider putting a bulldog through the bag screening machine. I told him he couldn't do that, and he agreed. So I watched him, and I swear on my mother's soul, PAT DOWN THE DOG!
They are a sad group with too much power. I read stories of agents saying "I'll watch the video later" of attractive women getting patted down. I know you can't trust everything you read on the internet, but where there is smoke, there is usually fire.
My solution? I was hoping you would all ask.

First, eliminate the TSA. They had their fun, made their money, but the jig is up! Buh Bye.

Second: A big reward for anyone preventing/interfering with a terrorist act.
Example: The guy stopping the underwear bomber. He should receive a ten million dollar reward for stopping the terrorist.
We police our own skies and get rewarded for it. No one wants to get involved? Pay them to. With as many as 500 eyes looking in your direction, waiting for you to move, you'd have to be insane to try anything.
It costs upwards of a Billion dollars a year to fund the TSA, I'm sure everyone will come up with a different dollar amount if they look. With everyone being vigilant, how many times would the government actual pay out a terrorist reward? Think about that. Put that money back into our schools, infrastructure etc. Think of the possibilities!
I know, it's brilliant.

First, eliminate the TSA. They had their fun, made their money, but the jig is up! Buh Bye.

Second: A big reward for anyone preventing/interfering with a terrorist act.
Example: The guy stopping the underwear bomber. He should receive a ten million dollar reward for stopping the terrorist.
We police our own skies and get rewarded for it. No one wants to get involved? Pay them to. With as many as 500 eyes looking in your direction, waiting for you to move, you'd have to be insane to try anything.
It costs upwards of a Billion dollars a year to fund the TSA, I'm sure everyone will come up with a different dollar amount if they look. With everyone being vigilant, how many times would the government actual pay out a terrorist reward? Think about that. Put that money back into our schools, infrastructure etc. Think of the possibilities!
I know, it's brilliant.

[/size]

Brilliant solution!