US Military arresting civilians

Wow, a breakthrough. I think you finally getting it! :up:

By the way , I'm not alone in my opinion:

So you are admitting you were a chump?

P.S. When exactly did the US military stop being "our" military? Do you have an exact date and time?

While i don't think it was the military this time, all of you should be aware the US military is already authorized by the congress and the president of the united states to enforce local laws under the Posse Comitatus Act .

Were there any US military units actually on scene? Both the articles you linked to are dated Sept 2008.

The video you posted a link to does not show anyone in cammies, just police in riot gear. Hardly evidence of the US military snatching people off the streets.

I never said there were military snatching people off the streets if you checked..... :shock:

That's kind of funny on your part 777.........the article linked about the G20 could not have been written a year before it happened... :huh:

The link referencing military involvement in civilian affairs explains how/when it was authorized if you failed to notice Hot Dog.

Your rose colored glasses need a new subscription my friend......2009 is the date referenced for the G20 actions..... :lol:

I am flabbergasted that you have let these very visible notifications slip by your omnipresent vigilance........ :lol:

I never said there were military snatching people off the streets if you checked..... :shock:

That's kind of funny on your part 777.........the article linked about the G20 could not have been written a year before it happened... :huh:

The link referencing military involvement in civilian affairs explains how/when it was authorized if you failed to notice Hot Dog.

Your rose colored glasses need a new subscription my friend......2009 is the date referenced for the G20 actions..... :lol:

I am flabbergasted that you have let these very visible notifications slip by your omnipresent vigilance........ :lol:

The two articles you posted links to were dated Sept, 24 2008 and Sept, 30 2008.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/09/24/army/

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army...eland_090708w/#

What you had said was....

There also was homeland security and US military on scene.....

And then linked to those two articles. However niether one talked about the G20 summit.

If your talking about the link to pittnews.com GTL posted the link, not you.

Yup. Fool me once shame on you, but you won't do it again.

December 23, 1913. Not sure on the time.

Shame on you Ed for being a hypocrite. I'm going to guess that when you sent in a resume for the job you currently have you put down your military service. If the job you have is directly related to the one you have now it probably helped you get that job. Even if it is not directly related it still helped you. Have you ever used the benefits available to veterans? If so that makes you a hypocrite. If sometime in the future you find out you have a condition related to your military service are going to use the VA system? Or are you just too ashamed and you are just going to suck it up.

December 23, 1913. So I guess the men who liberated Western Europe were just a bunch of fools for letting themselves be used. Wonder what the world would be like if they hadn’t?

The two articles you posted links to were dated Sept, 24 2008 and Sept, 30 2008.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/09/24/army/

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army...eland_090708w/#

What you had said was....

There also was homeland security and US military on scene.....

And then linked to those two articles. However niether one talked about the G20 summit.

If your talking about the link to pittnews.com GTL posted the link, not you.

Those two articles referenced the decision in 2006/2007 that allow US military to intervene into domestic issues...Obviously twice now you failed to realize that.

Here is the part you failed to notice:

It only took a few paragraphs in a $500 billion, 591-page bill to raze one of the most important limits on federal power. Congress passed the Insurrection Act in 1807 to severely restrict the president's ability to deploy the military within the United States. The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 tightened these restrictions, imposing a two-year prison sentence on anyone who used the military within the U.S. without the express permission of Congress. But there is a loophole: Posse Comitatus is waived if the president invokes the Insurrection Act.

Section 1076 of the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 changed the name of the key provision in the statute book from "Insurrection Act" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order Act." The Insurrection Act of 1807 stated that the president could deploy troops within the United States only "to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy." The new law expands the list to include “natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition" -- and such "condition" is not defined or limited. . . .

The story of how Section 1076 became law vivifies how expanding government power is almost always the correct answer in Washington. Some people have claimed the provision was slipped into the bill in the middle of the night. In reality, the administration clearly signaled its intent and almost no one in the media or Congress tried to stop it . . . .

Section 1076 was supported by both conservatives and liberals. Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.), the ranking Democratic member on the Senate Armed Services Committee, co-wrote the provision along with committee chairman Sen. John Warner (R-Va.). Sen. Ted Kennedy openly endorsed it, and Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.), then-chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, was an avid proponent. . . .

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, warned on Sept. 19 that "we certainly do not need to make it easier for Presidents to declare martial law," but his alarm got no response. Ten days later, he commented in the Congressional Record: "Using the military for law enforcement goes against one of the founding tenets of our democracy." Leahy further condemned the process, declaring that it "was just slipped in the defense bill as a rider with little study. Other congressional committees with jurisdiction over these matters had no chance to comment, let alone hold hearings on, these proposals."

Duh..........

And contrary to your opinion there was HS and US Military on the scene.......... :eek:

Then please show me evidence that the US military was on scene and participated in the arrest of protestors.

And contrary to your opinion there was HS and US Military on the scene..........

HS and Military were there HotDog.... :lol:

Quite documented in the media..................... :lol:

Now you twist words backed into a corner.................... :lol:

And contrary to your opinion there was HS and US Military on the scene..........

Sounds quite easy to prove then Soldier.

Sounds quite easy to prove then Soldier.

You should know from all your empirical judicial knowledge and experience that the burden of proof is upon the accuser.............. :mf_boff:

And as an aside.....if you do not possess the ability to conduct research on your own how do you expect to make it in the arena of jurisprudence..... :blink:

However in the spirit of decorum and honesty in this forum.....

I must admit.......I have been caught with my pants down regarding military intervention with the G20 in Pittsburgh........curiously you may wonder why I steadfastly defend this position.

For one thing I reside in the city that has six proud Lombardi trophies and three Stanley Cups.

Secondly it came to me that all those Apache and Blackhawk helicopters that were flying all over Pittsburgh during the G20, were in fact operated by the Boy Scouts of America .

Thirdly, I again have been caught with my pants down regarding my statements that Homeland Security was on scene in Pittsburgh......I must humbly apologize that the US Secret Service was running the op in the 'Burgh (as its affectionately referred to here) and again I apologize.

www.secretservice.gov
September 8, 2009
GPA 10-09
Press Release
SECURITY INFORMATION FOR THE PITTSBURGH SUMMIT ANNOUNCED
First phase includes plans for perimeter near David L. Lawrence Convention Center
(Washington, D.C.) – The United States Secret Service in cooperation with its local, state
and federal security, public safety and military partners, is developing the overall security
plan for the Pittsburgh Summit. The summit will take place Thursday and Friday,
September 24 and 25, 2009.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has designated the Pittsburgh Summit as a
National Special Security Event (NSSE). When an event is designated an NSSE, the
Secret Service assumes its role as the lead federal agency for the design and
implementation of the operational security plan. The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police and the
Pennsylvania State Police, as well as a number of other federal, state and local agencies,
will play a critical operational role in securing the summit and resources will be deployed
to maintain the necessary level of security. These same agencies have been involved in
developing the overall security and transportation plans for the summit.
The first phase of closures announced today affect the area near the David L. Lawrence
Convention Center. In addition to these temporary restrictions, the City of Pittsburgh
will be announcing a more comprehensive transportation plan in the coming days.
Additional announcements are expected in mid-September regarding temporary closures
near the Phipps Conservatory and other possible event sites.
The following security and transportation measures will be in place for the Pittsburgh
Summit in and around the David L. Lawrence Convention Center:
• Secure Restricted Zone: A map detailing the secure restricted zone is attached.
Beginning at 8 p.m. on September 23, 2009, through 8 p.m. on September 25,
2009, the secure restricted zone will be put in place in downtown near the David
L. Lawrence Convention Center. Information on the security zones will also be
available online on the City of Pittsburgh’s new website at www.g20safety.org.
-more-
U.S Department of
Homeland Security
United States
Secret Service
www.secretservice.gov
-2-
Pittsburgh’s Department of Public Safety is developing a comprehensive
downtown-area transportation plan which will be put into effect September 24 -
25. The city expects to release this comprehensive plan the week of September
14, with the primary goal of keeping Pittsburgh safe while still ensuring that
downtown residents, businesses and guests are accommodated to the largest
extent possible. When announced, the transportation plan, along with maps and
other safety information, will be posted on the city’s official summit information
website, www.g20safety.org. Currently, individuals may sign-up via the website
to receive emergency e-mail and text alerts, as well as up-to-date information.
• Checkpoints: There will be checkpoints to facilitate pedestrian access for
members of the public to businesses and residences on Penn Avenue and 10th
Street. Credentials are not required to enter the pedestrian access area.
Individuals entering these areas within the secure restricted zone will be screened
using magnetometers prior to entering the area. Checkpoints will be located at:
o 9th Street and Penn Avenue
o 10th Street and Liberty Avenue
• Prohibited Items: As a security precaution the following items will be
prohibited from the pedestrian access areas within the secure restricted zone:
firearms, ammunition, explosives, weapons of any kind and any other items
determined to be a potential safety hazard. Surrendered items will not be returned
or available for pick-up.
• Airspace Security: An interagency airspace security plan will be implemented
to provide secure airspace over the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. A Federal
Aviation Administration (FAA) advisory listing enhanced restrictions was
released on August 24, 2009 (amended August 31) and can be accessed online at
www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=59419. Pilot inquiries should be directed to
the Special Operations Support Center, available 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT at 202-
267-8276.
It is anticipated that several Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs) will be issued in
support of the temporary flight restrictions for this event. All aircraft operators
should check NOTAMs frequently throughout this event for possible changes and
to ensure they are aware of the latest procedures.
• Water Security: There will be an enhanced security presence on the waterways
around Pittsburgh. The U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port will establish a
waterside security zone starting at 6 a.m., September 24, which will be in effect
through 10 p.m., September 25.
-morewww.
secretservice.gov
-3-
Navigation will be restricted in the entire width of the rivers from the West End
Bridge (mile marker 0.5) on the Ohio River to the South Shore Marina (mile
marker 1.8) on the Allegheny River to the 10th Street Bridge (mile marker 1.5) on
the Monongahela River. Persons and vessels shall not enter into, depart from, or
move within this security zone unless specifically authorized by the U.S. Coast
Guard Captain of the Port Pittsburgh or a designated representative.
Coast Guard related inquiries should be directed to Lt. Sue Kerver at (504) 671-
2020, with specific inquiries concerning the security zone directed to Lt. j.g.
Douglas Kang at (412) 644-5808 ext 2108. For emergencies, the U.S. Coast
Guard can also be hailed via VHF-FM Channel 16.
###

News from New York State Division of Military & Naval Affairs

For more information contact: Eric Durr, 518-786-4581 or (cell) 518-429-5186
Governor Announces New York National Guard Support for G20 Meeting

Five Helicopters and Crews Support Pennsylvania National Guard

ALBANY, NY (09/23/2009)(readMedia)-- Governor David Paterson announced today that the New York Army National Guard is providing five helicopters to support the G20 Summit being held being held Thursday and Friday in Pittsburgh.

"I am proud that the New York Army National Guard is available to support our sister state as Pennsylvania hosts this vital economic summit," Gov. Paterson said. "The men and women of the New York National Guard are always ready for any mission, any place."

Four UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters, and a CH-47D Chinook heavy lift helicopter, are providing transportation support for 2,500 Pennsylvania National Guardsmen and women, as well as police and other security forces as leaders of the worlds 20 largest economies meet Thursday and Friday.

Two of the UH-60's are normally based at Albany International Airport and two work out of McArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma. The CH-47 is base at the Greater Rochester International Airport.

Twenty-three Soldiers deployed to locations in Western Pennsylvania with the helicopters on Monday and they are due to return on Saturday.

The New York Army National Guard aircrew and helicopters are flying in support of the Pennsylvania National Guard's Joint Task Force G20 which is executing Operation Steel Kickoff, security support for the G20 Summit involving 2,500 National Guard Soldiers and Airmen working at the direction of the Secret Service.

The National Guard forces are operating under the control of the Governor of Pennsylvania under compacts that allow National Guard forces from one state to be loaned to another.
Oh...I must again humbly apologize as they were only National Guard troops.......and not US Military......what?
They are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan??

I don't know what to say................ :eek:

Once again dell, show me where the US military participated in the arrest of civilians.