US Partner UA Races to Avert Bankruptcy

C

chipmunn

[A href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16363-2002Dec5.html]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16363-2002Dec5.html[/A]

Why isn't this article posted on the United board? It is all about United's activities over the past couple of days, and there is only one very minor mention of US Airways.

Why isn't this article posted on the United board? It is all about United's activities over the past couple of days, and there is only one very minor mention of US Airways.

[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]apparently the U employees arent capable of clicking on the UAL forum.Capn Chip spins these links like its somehow UAL thats dragging U down...[/FONT][/STRONG]

[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]apparently the U employees arent capable of clicking on the UAL forum.Capn Chip spins these links like its somehow UAL thats dragging U down...[/FONT][/STRONG]

Guys, It's very obvious why Chip is posting these developements at UA here.....have you not heard how our "Code-Share Agreement" with UA is a big part of the plan for U to emerge from Chapter 11??

I realize that many are tired of hearing about "Unique or Interesting Corporate Transactions".....I am too!! but I'm not going to rip into Chip for posting news that does have a real impact on what was/is part of our companies current master restructuring plan.

Should UA have to cut people?......or when UA should have to cut flights?. This could impact this plan in numerous ways.....and it could impact each and everyone in numerous ways.

The negatives.Potential Flow-Thru profits from the code-share could decline dramatically...thus impacting us negatively!!

Passengers will be twice as nervous about making advanced bookings on two airlines linked...and both in BK (UA pending of course)

Should UA pull-back service? Would U be in any position to jump on it?....or would another healthier carrier that hasn't been gutted of people and equipment be ready to jump in?

How would this reflect on our ability to become part of the Star Alliance?

You can speculate a on a few positives for U......and a million more negatives....but UA's info is important for us to see...and hopefully understand. I prefer to not venture to the UA board....I would be concerned with views and opinions expressed being mistaken as an attack at UA's people....and that's the last thing I want to do..or be part of. I would like to see both companies get thier collective acts together....and aid one another seperately yet jointly. This will keep more folks on both sides employed. (Hopefully) .

Guys, It's very obvious why Chip is posting these developements at UA here.....have you not heard how our "Code-Share Agreement" with UA is a big part of the plan for U to emerge from Chapter 11??

I realize that many are tired of hearing about "Unique or Interesting Corporate Transactions".....I am too!! but I'm not going to rip into Chip for posting news that does have a real impact on what was/is part of our companies current master restructuring plan.

Should UA have to cut people?......or when UA should have to cut flights?. This could impact this plan in numerous ways.....and it could impact each and everyone in numerous ways.

The negatives.Potential Flow-Thru profits from the code-share could decline dramatically...thus impacting us negatively!!

Passengers will be twice as nervous about making advanced bookings on two airlines linked...and both in BK (UA pending of course)

Should UA pull-back service? Would U be in any position to jump on it?....or would another healthier carrier that hasn't been gutted of people and equipment be ready to jump in?

How would this reflect on our ability to become part of the Star Alliance?

You can speculate a on a few positives for U......and a million more negatives....but UA's info is important for us to see...and hopefully understand. I prefer to not venture to the UA board....I would be concerned with views and opinions expressed being mistaken as an attack at UA's people....and that's the last thing I want to do..or be part of. I would like to see both companies get thier collective acts together....and aid one another seperately yet jointly. This will keep more folks on both sides employed. (Hopefully) .

Latest posts