US Pilots Labor Thread Aug 27-Sep 3 KEEP ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
Another week another thread (although slightly late).

PLEASE remember the rules of the board--personal remarks will be deleted and the poster suspended without warning or comment.

Thank you.

Bill Wilder is entitled to his opinion but what I find interesting is the whole idea of whether the Nicolau list conforms to ALPA Merger Policy. Who determines whether it conforms? Well, what entity normally settles disputes involving contracts or policies: an arbitrator! Whose opinion carries more weight: a labor attorney or an arbitrator with decades of experience and hundreds of RLA cases decided? That the Nicolau list conforms to ALPA policy is a fait accompli.

Notice also how Bill Wilder dances around the DFR issue. He says USAPA has the right to negotiate a new list and that may be true but of course the Addington suit is about USAPA negotiating a new list that disadvantages the West. Arguing the various case-laws is academic. That USAPA egregiously violated its DFR to the West pilots is so obvious even Mr. Wilder didn't touch it.

Bill Wilder is entitled to his opinion but what I find interesting is the whole idea of whether the Nicolau list conforms to ALPA Merger Policy. Who determines whether it conforms? Well, what entity normally settles disputes involving contracts or policies: an arbitrator! Whose opinion carries more weight: a labor attorney or an arbitrator with decades of experience and hundreds of RLA cases decided? That the Nicolau list conforms to ALPA policy is a fait accompli.

Notice also how Bill Wilder dances around the DFR issue. He says USAPA has the right to negotiate a new list and that may be true but of course the Addington suit is about USAPA negotiating a new list that disadvantages the West. Arguing the various case-laws is academic. That USAPA egregiously violated its DFR to the West pilots is so obvious even Mr. Wilder didn't touch it.

As usual you miss the point entirely. Wilder is trying to tell you that the cart was placed well before the horse in this case and when USAPA tried to point that out Wake said....."What cart" ??

So usapa found the only attorney in the country that sort of agrees with them. But B&W is not some uninterested third party that looked at this case.

B&W have an interest in the outcome and in usapa. First they did work for the east pilots by filing suit against the west. But more important than that. This entire blog and comments are nothing more than a job application.
When usapa loses the appeal in the ninth circuit. Usapa and the east pilots are going to be mad and as usual blame someone else for their misfortunes. They will be looking for new legal counsel. So here steps up B&W to fill the now vacant spot. But reading carefully B&W has stated clearly that while they agree that the Nicolau was unfair. Pure opinion and has more to do with the law suit they filed.

There is nothing that they will be able to do about the award. The last thing that this pilot group needs is another lawyer with a bias towards one pilot group or the other. How about if usapa decided to bring in Jeff Fruend as the legal counsel. Would the east pilots consider that a fair and balanced decision?
Same thing here. No, bringing in B&W would be an east leaning lawyer. Designed to continue to disadvantage the west. When you look at someone’s motivation the things they say and do shine through.

Wilder is looking for a job. This blog was a job application.

fait accompli? that thread got yanked off the board. But that's the board monitor's choice and responsibility. I won't try to repaste or even put on the link.

Nicolau, Nicolau, Nicolau! Ah the transcripts of his deposition in the MDA case this month. Didn't know? The NIC himself got deposed by Haber, didn't he? Interesting reading, I'm sure. But who does it help more, MDA V ALPA or USAPA V AOL? Collateral damage. Ain't it a bXXXXX. He still got jurisdiction on this, doesn't he?

Unfortunately now it's just your opinion, not backed by any text. But that's the way it goes. I wasa looking for a "Yogi-ism" to go with what Nic had to say, but I just couldn't find one. But we still have deep depth.

OOPS, got to get back to my emails. Forbes just told me a won a free trip to France! Maybe I can fly on my own flight!

Nicolau, Nicolau, Nicolau! Ah the transcripts of his deposition in the MDA case this month. Didn't know? The NIC himself got deposed, didn't he? Interesting reading, I'm sure. But who does it help more, MDA V ALPA or USAPA V AOL? Collateral damage. Ain't it a bXXXXX. He still got jurisdiction on this, doesn't he?
How about sharing the transcripts with the unwashed masses?

Just like the Aug 20 hearing in PHX, let us decide what Nicolau said and how.

fait accompli? that thread got yanked off the board. But that's the board monitor's choice and responsibility. I won't try to repaste or even put on the link.

Nicolau, Nicolau, Nicolau! Ah the transcripts of his deposition in the MDA case this month. Didn't know? The NIC himself got deposed, didn't he? Interesting reading, I'm sure. But who does it help more, MDA V ALPA or USAPA V AOL? Collateral damage. Ain't it a bXXXXX. He still got jurisdiction on this, doesn't he?

Unfortunately now it's just your opinion, not backed by any text. But that's the way it goes. I wasa looking for a "Yogi-ism" to go with what Nic had to say, but I just couldn't find one. But we still have deep depth.

OOPS, got to get back to my emails. Forbes just told me a won a free trip to France! Maybe I can fly on my own flight!

Rick,

Good seeing you the other day in the crewroom. I still owe you a cheese steak from the last union meeting at the Ramada. I am going to bid the 330 so we can work together again. Take care.

Hate

Rick,

Good seeing you the other day in the crewroom. I still owe you a cheese steak from the last union meeting at the Ramada.

You owe me more than that.

I am going to bid the 330 so we can work together again. Take care.

Stick with the Boeing. You'll never get past the oral. If the oral doesn't get you, the EFIS/MCDU/ACP/RMP/PFD/ND/ECAM/FAC/SEC/BSCU/ACARS/IDPU/FCU/FMC will. D, we all have to know our limits.

I thought Megasnoop had posted that his name was "Steve B", not Rick?

As in Steve Bradford? Your'e a hoot. You really dont get my tasteless humor. Don't think I didn't catch heck from my handlers on that one.

I am not trying to out Mega, but am simply questioning his credibility when he has previously questioned mine. I am not trying to cost him his job or even his anonymity, but if he can question my credibility I think the same is true when something like this pops up.

Your'e a hoot. Of course I have no credibility. I don't claim to. You do? You think your'e some kind of impartial "that's the way it is" reporter. After 500+ anti-U posts? You really think anyone back here is buying that?

Mega, feel free to send me a totally confidential PM if you wish to clear this up for me.

You are not worthy. Too much lost band width and overseas layover minutes.

Mods, if you feel this crosses any line feel free to delete it. I think it asks a valid question, but you may see it differently.

MODS, from my point, don't touch this. Please, don't touch this.

There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em. Yogi Berra

I thought Megasnoop had posted that his name was "Steve B", not Rick?

hp, youv'e got to stop believing everything you read on the chat board.

(I edited this after I received an answer to a question I had posted.)

Such a shame. With your 500+ anti-U posts, I'm sure we're dying to hear all your natural opines.

"Of course I have no credibility. I don't claim to. " Megasnoop 8/28/09.

You do me proud. Signing off with a Megasnoopism. I got to think about replacing the Yogi-isms with snoop-isms.

Status
Not open for further replies.