U''s Propaganda

Lilninj

Aug 21, 2002
Hello all,
I just read the Post''s article from today. It again misreports facts. Obviously these figure are being given out by US Airways. They report that CWA is being asked for only $70 million over 6.5 years. The fact is they started at 87 million and have increased that demand on each and every new proposal since then. Now as they report, CWA is being threatened with a fine of 2.5 million per month for six months if they do not reach an agreement for concessions. They are threatening the IAM as well but for a larger figure over 5 million a month for six months.
30,000 a year salary guarantees? HA.
Remember that figure comes from hourly base rate extrapolated. But, it does not mean you get to keep it. They will take a huge amount of that take home pay for the new health plan and when you take your vacation. And if you happen to be between 5 and 6 years seniority, you will go down to below 30,000 a year in any calculation. So, is this a guarantee or just a flat out lie. I call it a LIE guarantee! Sixth year agents will make about 25,000/yr down from the current 34,000/yr due to the slide of A-scale up one more year. I guess that those above 30,000 to begin with are subject to going down much further than others but noone at crystal city wants to admit those facts to the media.
No other group in this company has to deal with the fallout as we do. Yet, the company has no respect for us at all. They think anyone can pacify passengers enough to sell them a ticket with more restrictive rules than they have ever seen. They certainly take us for granted. I doubt the judge will look at us as such a burden to this company. He will probably show us much more respect than Dave has. So, I would welcome his respect, as I have lost all respect for our bonus driven leader.
As Dave takes our customer service for granted, our passengers do not. They will certainly take our competitors due to the better service they will receive after Dave gets the kind of people he wants dealing with the public. Southwest must be having a gut wrenching laugh about U''s management decisions.

I am sorry to reply with this, but as far as U mgmnt goes, it always deals with the bottom line. Good Cust. Svc. is not on the current agenda at this time-it's money! If mgmnt could have monkeys do the work for peanuts, that is just what would be done. Just remeber the BK judge may not grant any compassion towards the CWA and cut deeper than you think. For your case I hope it isn't so. Good luck to all!!!![:((]

Years ago before it was USAIRWAYS and USair it was called....Allegheny Airlines ...It had a nickname of "Agony Airlines".........

Deju Vu....

----------------
On 8/31/2002 11:07:22 AM Lilninj said:

As Dave takes our customer service for granted, our passengers do not. They will certainly take our competitors due to the better service they will receive after Dave gets the kind of people he wants dealing with the public. Southwest must be having a gut wrenching laugh about U's management decisions.

----------------

Im just waiting for that 1st call from a distraught pax with a non ref tkt issued 8-27 or after who didnt pay attention to the new rules and wasn't rescheduled or was a no show..My mantra will be 15 seconds, timed to the milli-second with a stopwatch, of explanation from me, than transfer to cus svc desk if objections persist, and then onto the next call.Actually when you think about it, a 6.50 an hr person could do that, they just don't know how to talk and walk through the ins and outs of the business and daily ops and procedures, nor sell and reissue tkts properly. I'm guessing one of those "rookies" was onboard yesterday and scared a passgr half to death unnecessarily , before txfring the call, when he/she said to the frantic passgr that they couldnt standby on an AUG 27th issued tkt for a weekend walk up rfndble shuttle fare that he missed on SAT.... This is the caliber of help U expects to hire in the near future, fortunately I was able to turn the passgr's non-existing dilemna around favorably and advise all day standby was ok... [::)]

Lilninj:

When the bankruptcy court throws out the CWA contract and when half the jobs currently performed by CWA members have been subcontracted out (as appears to be the brave new world for the IAM-M), are you going to continue to post?

What becomes annoying about the attitude you seem to express is its entitlement mentality. If the rest of the CWA feels the same way you do, perhaps a gutting of the contract and replacement with subcontracted help may be the best thing . . . that way you can go look for government work, which would seem best suited for your mindset anyway.

----------------
On 9/2/2002 8:47:19 AM

When the bankruptcy court throws out the CWA contract and when half the jobs currently performed by CWA members have been subcontracted out (as appears to be the brave new world for the IAM-M), are you going to continue to post?
----------------

=When= the bankruptcy court throws out the CWA contract, Argento?

You know I respect your expertise, however, unless you've got a ferret in chambers or moonlight at the Psychic Hotline, isn't it a little early to be proclaiming a definite ruling? [;)]

For =my= psychic prediction, tho, I believe the CWA will send out an agreement to vote on before the 10th -- but not until after the 6th. AND, I predict it'll be ratified by membership by over 70%, but neither managment nor CWA members will be particularly happy with the agreement.

I read somewhere that a large majority of the Jetblue res. agents work part-time from their own home on their own PC with a separarte phone line?

I agree with Argento, I'll bet we see HUGE amounts of work contracted out, just as soon as the ruling is in place.
---------------------------------
I bet there will be no work contracted out because the CWA and IAM could paralyze and then shut the company down permanently, assuming that is the course Peagull chooses to take.

----------------
On 9/2/2002 12:20:11 PM

----------------
On 9/2/2002 8:47:19 AM

----------------

=When= the bankruptcy court throws out the CWA contract, Argento?

You know I respect your expertise, however, unless you've got a ferret in chambers or moonlight at the Psychic Hotline, isn't it a little early to be proclaiming a definite ruling? [;)]

For =my= psychic prediction, tho, I believe the CWA will send out an agreement to vote on before the 10th -- but not until after the 6th. AND, I predict it'll be ratified by membership by over 70%, but neither managment nor CWA members will be particularly happy with the agreement.
----------------
I'll bet Dave goes to court on the 10th no matter what the CWA does. He's given them plenty of time, with NO results. I don't think it matters anymore what the CWA thinks. There isn't enough time for membership votes by the tenth, so it's over. My thoughts are that Dave wants to get rid of unproductive jobs, and the CWA and the IAM-M are holdouts. I agree with Argento, I'll bet we see HUGE amounts of work contracted out, just as soon as the ruling is in place.

[:bigsmile:] Sometimes I think these posts are repeats verbatum....are they just computer-generated with scheduled postings times?!!!!

I agree, you're dreaming if you really believe tons of work would be farmed out and all the remaining troops would simply put on a happy face and continue to make this company function, NOT, to mention the passengers that would take their business elsewhere afraid of a company in such disarray. It would make more sense if they simply liquidated before such actions were taken.

----------------
On 9/2/2002 5:48:17 PM

I agree with Argento, I'll bet we see HUGE amounts of work contracted out, just as soon as the ruling is in place.
---------------------------------
I bet there will be no work contracted out because the CWA and IAM could paralyze and then shut the company down permanently, assuming that is the course Peagull chooses to take.

----------------
I think YOU need a Reality Check!