Us Summer Interns Hit The Jackpot

ISP

Senior
Apr 3, 2003
See Link:

http://www.usairways.com/employment/jobs/i...ships/index.htm

Apparantly US Airways is paying its summer interns more $ than FSA's who have taken massive paycuts. Isn't it cute?

Another question: how come US has FSA positions available on their website for cities such as ALB? I thought all FSA was going to be outsourced (there are other cities as well available that I thought are scheduled to be gone).

I actually applied for and received an internship at US back in 2003. Thing is, my acceptance letter indicated that I would have had a 5% paycut on the $11/hour salary due to the Iraq War. Given the high cost of living in the DC area, I worked for Uncle Sam instead for better pay and a more stable employer (no disrespect intended).

I see they have openings in Labor Relations.Maybe they can find someone that knows how to relate to labor.

I see they have openings in Labor Relations.Maybe they can find someone that knows how to relate to labor.

I never thought I'd say this, but compared to the management you have and how well they relate to labor, I would suggest that Frank Lorenzo would be an improvement.

PineyBob said:
Or maybe they will change the department name to Labor Berations? Just a thought from a loyal Cockroach who is in the CCY doghouse.

I brought my pillow and blankie from home, wrote my name in lipstick on the front of the doghouse and I rather like it there. Think I'll stay.

Being on the "inside" meant I had to play nice in the sandbox. They just don't get it. I called as soon as I knew about the $2.00 fares to let someone know, but because I pointed out what several independent organizations said about US's performance and calling for massive change in the operations I have been told I am "Viewed as the enemy"! I guess they never heard of "Tough Love"
[post="262837"][/post]​
Everyone is the enemy, from labor, to Southwest, to our own DM members.

lpbrian said:
I thought most student internships were unpaid.
[post="262903"][/post]​

At other companies, I interned the summer after my sophomore year of college and the summer after my junior year of college. Both were paid as if we were regular, full time employees only prorated some since we had yet to graduate. For example, my second internship took the starting salary for college new hires, multiplied it by approx. 0.85 and that's what I was paid (salaried for the summer). They also paid 1/3 of the rent and housing expenses.

I am surprised US Airways is continuing this program. Seems like now would be a good time for the whole "CCY Team" to focus on the running the airline, and not worrying about interns...

Seems to me US Airways is unsure if the airline will be around at the end of the summer... So why bother with interns?

No disrespect intended... Just seems like you should ensure your company's future before you worry about recruiting for the future. Seems like putting the cart in front of the horse... If you ask me.

Interns in BOS last summer did not get payed. They did get a hand full of passes, and took advantige of those.

Back