Usairways Changing Their Image

Public needs to know that it is labor that always steps up to the plate when there is a down turn in the industry. It is always labor that is asked to sacrifice, and subsidize mistakes or poor judgement on mangement's part. However, they also need to know that this mangagment does not treat their employees with any kind of respect, regard or dignity in the workplace. They need to know the heavy-handedness, and punitive policies that have arisen even after the great sacrifices made by the employees.

Believe it or not, there are quite a few customers that actually write to managment and tell them to stop with the abuse of our employees. Management hates the exposure, but they will never let you know, hence the Policy/ethics conduct booklet. The PIT pres. hears it all the time from this management that they don't appreciate the constant bagering and berating in the media. Employees don't appreciate being treated as if they have no value on this property.

Pressure will remain constant until there is "change", and compliance to our agreements. And actions speak louder than words.

Until such time, we will not be silenced.

PITbull said:
Believe it or not, there are quite a few customers that actually write to managment and tell them to stop with the abuse of our employees. Management hates the exposure, but they will never let you know, hence the Policy/ethics conduct booklet. The PIT pres. hears it all the time from this management that they don't appreciate the constant bagering and berating in the media. Employees don't appreciate being treated as if they have no value on this property.
Count me as one of those customers. I consantly remind them that you are their greatest resource, and that I feel the way they are treating you all is not only counterproductive, but totally unacceptable. I would like to believe that they are at least beginning to see that.

I had an enlightening experience this past week--I got to fly with your colleagues at UA. It was a great experience--great crews and a great product: linen table cloths, silverware, GLASSware, 2 hot meals on a transcon, etc. etc. I even got to fly TED last night, and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Great employees PLUS a superior product--now there's a concept.

I know when push comes to shove we can do it!!!

My best to you all...

Hey Art, where you been?? ;)

Hope your arm is out of the "sling".

Art at ISP said:
PITbull said:
Count me as one of those customers. I consantly remind them that you are their greatest resource, and that I feel the way they are treating you all is not only counterproductive, but totally unacceptable. I would like to believe that they are at least beginning to see that.

I had an enlightening experience this past week--I got to fly with your colleagues at UA. It was a great experience--great crews and a great product: linen table cloths, silverware, GLASSware, 2 hot meals on a transcon, etc. etc. I even got to fly TED last night, and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Great employees PLUS a superior product--now there's a concept.

I know when push comes to shove we can do it!!!

My best to you all...
Art,

As always , Thanks for your support and patronage....I'll even forgive you for flying Ted (LOL).

Sadly....the stage of push leading to shove as long since been upon us. Like you, I to believe that WE can do it. The issue is getting "the plan" into the light of day and going forward with it.

We as a company have the assets and resources to right this present fiasco...but it will also come with the need for some tangible fence mending to take place.

I believe that many in the flying public are past the point of finding U less than square dealing with the multi-level fare structure..and in kind the rank and file employee feels betrayed or un-appreciated by the same people whom have defended this fare structure for so long.

I'm really hoping that two main concerns can be resolved to allow things to move forward for both those whom serve (the Employee's)...and those whom are to be served ( The Paying Passenger).

I'm confident that when both of these crucial areas are addressed and rectified..U will see a re-emergence in this industry that will leave the biggest critics wondering what the hell blew into town? :blink:

Folks,

IMO, they asked AFA to go hear the plan hoping we would be next at the table.

In that vein, they were hoping to lure the rest of the groups.

Keep in mind, that "the plan" has many elements that they can imlement NOW, with no concessions. They must make the first moves, and above all else, start to mend the fences and the shattered labor relations; With ALL GROUPS.

Back