Usairways Holiday Shopping Nyc

Trust me Sales Guy I understood Daves message. We as a compnay feel it is more important to Wine and Dine our best Travel Agencies instead of marketing our product to the public. I think it is time to change how we market this company. Remember the race car? Yes it cost alot of money, but Millions of people every weekend saw our name. Living in the Metro NYC area, I havent seen our name anywhere in a while. Our Marketing Plan is about as poor as our Business Plan.

Hope777 said:
Trust me Sales Guy I understood Daves message. We as a compnay feel it is more important to Wine and Dine our best Travel Agencies instead of marketing our product to the public. I think it is time to change how we market this company. Remember the race car? Yes it cost alot of money, but Millions of people every weekend saw our name. Living in the Metro NYC area, I havent seen our name anywhere in a while. Our Marketing Plan is about as poor as our Business Plan.
Hope777,

Brilliant observation...and it's something I mentioned back when our post merger failures with UA emerged to be a declining moment in time.

NASCAR , like it or not? reaches 75 Million product loyal fans each year..these are figures that all professional sports combined would love to bragg about.

NASCAR is no longer the sport of "The toothless and un-washed"...nor is it limited to the Southeastern US region either.

Presidential candidates such as Howard Dean and George W. Bush as of yesterday on the White House south lawn are reaching out to this segment of the population...and it's voting and purchasing power. They are known as the "NASCAR Dads" in these political circles..mainly for being conservative in political nature...yet eager to spend a buck on what they support in the marketplace.

NASCAR sponsors spend millions upon millions in support of thier teams...and reap benefits beyond your wildest halucination by doing so...it pays off for them many times over in most cases....plus it's a tax write-off via promotions/advertising

USAirways flies into most all..if not all the areas that NASCAR participates in...So a return to sponsoring a team may not be an immediate windfall at the tune of 5 million a year...but at least promoting flight packages to these events ...or becoming the Official Airline of NASCAR certainly couldn't hurt us.

If polticians can see the benefit of this alignment..If big corporations can see a profit from this alignment...surely to goodness their has to be money to be made on it...and WE should be the ones taking advantage of this un-tapped resource.

AKA_trvlr64 said:
exagony said:
We promote Alabama here.

Is that even a state?

Its more of a state than Pennsyltuckey.
Oh please!!?! You've used that line before. TIRED!

Very Tired.

Very Tired.

Nice try - show me where I've used this before. Myabe the truth hits close to home. Poor sheep can't get a break! It just goes to show you're a tool. Too bad Penn and Pit are cess pools where no one in their right mind wants to bring their bx to. The airport doesn't have public transport to it. U has robbed the area blind to pay all the whinning employees at U. Get a life and try working for a real major - U is a major in name only. Can you say bye-bye U in the next year or two? Oh I know you can take your coke can opening certificate and transfer to LUV but then again they actually work for a living and don't biotch about it. You'd never survive. :D

exagony said:
AKA_trvlr64 said:
exagony said:
We promote Alabama here.

Is that even a state?

Its more of a state than Pennsyltuckey.

Very Tired.

Very Tired.

Nice try - show me where I've used this before. Myabe the truth hits close to home. Poor sheep can't get a break! It just goes to show you're a tool. Too bad Penn and Pit are cess pools where no one in their right mind wants to bring their bx to. The airport doesn't have public transport to it. U has robbed the area blind to pay all the whinning employees at U. Get a life and try working for a real major - U is a major in name only. Can you say bye-bye U in the next year or two? Oh I know you can take your coke can opening certificate and transfer to LUV but then again they actually work for a living and don't biotch about it. You'd never survive. :D
Sorry SWEETY........ I'm a customer of US not an employee!!

I have seen that exact line used before either here or on Flyertalk. Those exact words infact.

And so you're aware. Yes, there is public transportation to the airport by the Port Authority. Guess you don't know everything! And by your posting I think you might need a MIDOL. Too much bitterness in your message.

;)

Wife and I (GP, CP) both got an e-mail about the NYC discount fares.

I tried to click on the provided link to get the details.

I got a "Page Not Found"

Sigh....

I did find a "low holiday fares" on the promotions page. I tried PIT-NYC, with a Sat stay, on 2 dates marked as "Lowest" prices. $779 RT. Hmmm, 6 hour drive for about $100 max. vs. 4 hours door-to-door by air for $779.

Latest posts

Back